View Poll Results: Who's return will be the biggest as it stands now?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jeffries

    12 23.08%
  • STAT

    19 36.54%
  • Lin

    21 40.38%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 74 of 74

Thread: Jeffries, STAT, or Lin - Who's return will be the biggest?

  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    426
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    And Lin and Melo don't gel well.
    Isn't it too premature to draw that conclusion?

    I've always said Melo needs to be the number 1 option. He is a volume shooter whose effectiveness very much depends on being able to get X number of shots. I am almost positive that Lin is well aware of that fact.

    Give them a chance to develop that chemistry. There is only so much Melo can do on his own.

  2. #62
    Superstar NYCLakerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by VeryGundy
    Isn't it too premature to draw that conclusion?

    I've always said Melo needs to be the number 1 option. He is a volume shooter whose effectiveness very much depends on being able to get X number of shots. I am almost positive that Lin is well aware of that fact.

    Give them a chance to develop that chemistry. There is only so much Melo can do on his own.
    I'm not saying they can't but as of right now Melo and Lin's style is a worse combo than Melo and Amare.

    For Lin to be effective he needs to dominate the ball idk if he can as effective with Melo, I wouldn't mind seeing Lin as the 6th man if NY can get an experienced player like Nash.

    But seriously Amare is the 2nd best player Lin is like 3rd or 4th not to mention Amare is a top big in this league bigs are sooo important in the NBA.

  3. #63
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    I'm not saying they can't but as of right now Melo and Lin's style is a worse combo than Melo and Amare.

    For Lin to be effective he needs to dominate the ball idk if he can as effective with Melo, I wouldn't mind seeing Lin as the 6th man if NY can get an experienced player like Nash.

    But seriously Amare is the 2nd best player Lin is like 3rd or 4th not to mention Amare is a top big in this league bigs are sooo important in the NBA.
    I know its been mentioned before but I am just curious as I forgot..
    are u a Laker Fan or Knick Fan or both.....

  4. #64
    Superstar NYCLakerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    I know its been mentioned before but I am just curious as I forgot..
    are u a Laker Fan or Knick Fan or both.....
    Both Knicks are my close 2nd fav team, my families always been split between the two teams so I grew liking both a lot as a kid but because my father loved LA and Kobe I decided to really follow the Lakers more back in like 2000.

  5. #65
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    We need STAT, not Amare Stoudemire. Having STAT would win us a playoff ser...game.

  6. #66
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    What happened to Jeffries?

    Still not back to 100%?

    He was a beast during Linsanity, is pretty much a non-factor now....I hope it's only because of the injury.....he was a real asset to us and we need him back in THAT kind of shape.

  7. #67
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Jeffries locked down Haslem and took a charge yesterday.
    Bosh was Chandlers responsiblity yesterday.
    Jeffries really sucks dick on offense though, he chokes HARD on layups. Its embarrassing.

  8. #68
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,271
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    I'll say Stat, but he has to be healthy or it will just be a waste. He'll hurt us more if he doesn't bring his game with him. Lin, I think will lose some speed and that first step (in the beginning). His vision should help us alot thou...and if he's working on his jumpshot he'll be an definite improvement. Either way, I suspect both of these dudes to be rusty when they return.

  9. #69
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,038
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    What happened to Jeffries?

    Still not back to 100%?

    He was a beast during Linsanity, is pretty much a non-factor now....I hope it's only because of the injury.....he was a real asset to us and we need him back in THAT kind of shape.
    He looked to be getting back to form yesterday.

    It's to be expected with Jeffries making some bad offensive blunders, but he doesn't try a lot, so it's not a big deal to me, as long as it's not something crazy like the Boston series last year in game 2 when he took the final shot. Hopefully Woodson wouldn't draw up something for Jeffries like that.

  10. #70
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Lin should be back in the Finals. He will make a positive impact trust me

  11. #71
    Superstar NYCLakerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Jeffries locked down Haslem and took a charge yesterday.
    Bosh was Chandlers responsiblity yesterday.
    Jeffries really sucks dick on offense though, he chokes HARD on layups. Its embarrassing.
    Thats why I don't think having Jeffries and Novak in the game at the same time is a good idea you get no offense from down low.

    Imo Jeffries should play with Jorts when Amare and Chandler are resting at least Jorts can get you something down low and actually finish.

    And Novak should play most of his minutes with Amare at the C, and with Chandler to a lesser extent.

  12. #72
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    AMARES RETURN

    Will the return of Amare, disrupt Carmelo's game

    Will Amare be able to turn it up to defensively

    Which Amare will we get, the "its clear im still bothered by injury Amare or the IM BACK BITCHES, ill dunk on you Amare

    Will Amare still be able to get up and down the court the way he was pre injury

    Is Amare better suited coming off the bench at this point

    Time will tell


    Amare bringing Braids back lmao.. classic

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Apr 18, 2012 at 10:24.

  13. #73
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,796
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    We desperately need Amar'e back if we want to go anywhere.

    The team as it is right now is going to steal maybe one game away from Miami or Chicago.

  14. #74
    Member TruOrngnBlu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    129
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    If Amare is Healthy...and god I hope he is.. He is no question the most important returning piece.

    But

    If healthy this dude must be on beast mode and at the very least have SOME SORT OF DEFENSIVE AWARENESS!!! I was bored the other night and archived the NY NO-Hornets game. This dude was atrocious. Blew assignments and looked lost.
    Gustavo Ayon (who???) made him look foolish on a couple of plays and posted 1 of his lik e 3 double doubles ahgainst him.

    I will say that after woodson took over Amare looked a little more focused then ofcourse the injury happened.

    I hope some one has been in his ear about the lack of attention to detail he's been guilty of.

    Show him some tape while being smashed in between Anthony Mason and Larry Johnson.

    If he can come back healthy and focused it takes a load off Melo and boosts our front court size and toughness.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2012, 05:49
  2. Last 7 seasons of the Knicks graphed out
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Feb 10, 2008, 14:18
  3. Marbury may not return to Knicks
    By Cakalusa in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Dec 27, 2007, 17:19
  4. Jeffries to return
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Dec 06, 2006, 23:50
  5. Jeffries expected to return in 2 weeks
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Nov 22, 2006, 13:16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •