View Poll Results: Who's return will be the biggest as it stands now?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jeffries

12 23.08%
  • STAT

19 36.54%
  • Lin

21 40.38%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jeffries, STAT, or Lin - Who's return will be the biggest?

Def Amare he's the 2nd best player, but all 3 of them are very important Lin for his penetration and Jeffries with his overall D.

But with this iso star heavy offense NY needs Amare because Melo's playing great but he can't do it alone.

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    jeffries hands down were 5x better defensively when jeffries is on the court, he may not have the same impact stat has offensively but defensively he is big for us & defense wins games so im going with jeff
    I agree with this and I got Lin in second, Barons getting to many minutes. We definitely need Jeffries big time, sometimes Chandler gets frustrated and doesnt play smart. Thats my only complaint about him, but you always know what to expect with Jeffries. He brings energy and versatility on defense. With Shump, Chandler, and Jeffries on the court our defense is amazing

Playoff basketball is a different animal. We need STAT back. When you play the same opponent 4-7 times you need to get inside to be successful.

Veteran

Smile Its about who gell the best with teammates

With the rotation of players we are using now....we need all three-players back.
    One of the three players return is not going to make a big impact....
    Certain players on the roster co-exist, but not all or half.
    Knicks number-1 gellin lineup of "Lin-Jeff-Tyson" makes the biggest impact....
    The lineup of Davis-Jeff-Stat makes a big impact....
    The lineup of Lin-Stat-Tyson makes a big impact....
    The lineup of Lin-Jeff-Stat makes a big impact....
    Real Talk....I'm not a Melo Hater, but....
    I'm sorry to say, "Melo has not found two teammates to gell with", although Melo
    do fit well in the four (trio) lineups above....so do Novak.

Considering that we can competently play Melo at the 4, as well as having Jorts back, I'm gonna go with Lin. We just don't have the depth at the 1, and now Davis' age and inclination to get injured easily are catching up on him.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/more_ailments_for_banged_up_davis_j3rA3csB9QTbjkpc EZbS0K#ixzz1rAOAhvt7

Superstar

STAT, in the playoffs you need size.

Originally Posted by fender0577
    STAT, in the playoffs you need size.
    That and reliable go to players, he's the 2nd most important player on this team once the playoffs start.

STAT. It's not even close. He was playing like an animal before that injury.

We need him if we want to have any hope of taking down Chicago in the first round if D-Rose is healthy.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

According to Howard Beck, Jared Jeffries will give his knee a test on Friday, and could be ready as soon as Sunday depending on how it responds
    This is from today, that'd be a big plus to have the giraffe back for the Bulls game

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    STAT. It's not even close. He was playing like an animal before that injury.

We need him if we want to have any hope of taking down Chicago in the first round if D-Rose is healthy.
    Word as much as I love Lin and Jeffries it's not even close, makes me wonder if some ppl chose based off emotion or logic

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    Word as much as I love Lin and Jeffries it's not even close, makes me wonder if some ppl chose based off emotion or logic
    Those that haven't agreed with you are either emotional or illogical?

I'd say that in saying that you've done the same.

I put Lin down because, though I didn't mention it in the post as I should have, Amar'e's injury is more debilitating long term, and to rush him back now under the asinine assumption that we'll definitely make the playoffs and will need him is off the mark. We'll need Lin just as badly to get this team within a definitive lead over the Bucks.

Add that long term type injury to the issue of Amar'e's contract, and there's even more reason to keep him out. Especially considering that Jefferies will be back earlier than expected, and you know how well he and Chandler play together.

Is that fueled by emotion or logic?

I was thinking the same thing Crazy, I think any option is respectable here...

Lin gives us a point guard, Davis aint capable of playing 30+ minutes and although Douglas played better tonight we dont know what to expect.

Amare gives us low post and mid range offense, rebounding sometimes, and not really that much defense. He had 3 good games before he got hurt, he was finally getting back in shape. How long will it take him to get back in shape this time? And if he doesnt return until the playoffs, im not sure if its even worth having him back. Amare out of shape hurts us more then anything, we saw this most of the season. Im not hating, im just stating facts. He needs to be in shape, the quicker he can get back the more of an impact he'll have in the playoffs

Jeffries gives us close to nothing offensively but a huge lift on defense. We might be one of the best defensive teams in the league with Jeffries, Shumpert, and Chandler on the court.

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I was thinking the same thing Crazy, I think any option is respectable here...

Lin gives us a point guard, Davis aint capable of playing 30+ minutes and although Douglas played better tonight we dont know what to expect.

Amare gives us low post and mid range offense, rebounding sometimes, and not really that much defense. He had 3 good games before he got hurt, he was finally getting back in shape. How long will it take him to get back in shape this time? And if he doesnt return until the playoffs, im not sure if its even worth having him back. Amare out of shape hurts us more then anything, we saw this most of the season. Im not hating, im just stating facts. He needs to be in shape, the quicker he can get back the more of an impact he'll have in the playoffs

Jeffries gives us close to nothing offensively but a huge lift on defense. We might be one of the best defensive teams in the league with Jeffries, Shumpert, and Chandler on the court.
    I think you're dead right on all fronts.

Lin will bring back that pesky defense as well, and the success we've had under Woodson has been based on exactly that: defense. STAT showed he was capable of 'buying in' too, as they say.

I don't see it as a hands down preference for either Lin or STAT to return, and as you said, considering that we've seen 3 different versions of Stoudemire this year, to assume he'll return and immediately be in the rare form he was before the injury would be an ambitious assumption.

Nonetheless, I voted Lin, because of the comparative severity of the injuries, salaries, age and the personnel we have to back up either individual that are capable of doing so effectively night in, night out.

Jefferies, IMO, doesn't really make the conversation, because we knew his timetable was favorable to the team.

Playoffs first - STAT second, IMO.

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Lin slightly over STAT because B-Diddy sucks when he gets tired.
    This ^^^^ baron is the definition of an aged star PG. Great for small spurts but he doesn't have the legs to run for 48 minutes.

Amare is a luxury against most teams because most teams are weak at the PF position and have large SF playing it.

However in the post season if we're the 1 or 2 seed yeah the bulls and Heat both have good PF and Amare being back hopefully by the first round will be big.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Those that haven't agreed with you are either emotional or illogical?

I'd say that in saying that you've done the same.

I put Lin down because, though I didn't mention it in the post as I should have, Amar'e's injury is more debilitating long term, and to rush him back now under the asinine assumption that we'll definitely make the playoffs and will need him is off the mark. We'll need Lin just as badly to get this team within a definitive lead over the Bucks.

Add that long term type injury to the issue of Amar'e's contract, and there's even more reason to keep him out. Especially considering that Jefferies will be back earlier than expected, and you know how well he and Chandler play together.

Is that fueled by emotion or logic?

This thread is simply about out of the 3 player injured who's return will the biggest and it's clearly Amare. Maybe if MDA was still coaching the team then I'd say Lin because of how much his offense relies of a good PG. But this is Woodsons team and in the post season you need your stars so Amare is by far more important right now than Lin and especially Jeffries.

This is not about will Amare's injury will bother him in the future, if you could pick one out of all three of those guys to come back at 100% tmrw and you don't pick Amare to me thats not a logical basketball decision.