Jeffries, STAT, or Lin - Who's return will be the biggest?

Who's return will be the biggest as it stands now?

• Jeffries

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • STAT

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Lin

Votes: 21 40.4%

• Total voters

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
STAT. It's not even close. He was playing like an animal before that injury.

We need him if we want to have any hope of taking down Chicago in the first round if D-Rose is healthy.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
STAT. It's not even close. He was playing like an animal before that injury.

We need him if we want to have any hope of taking down Chicago in the first round if D-Rose is healthy.

Word as much as I love Lin and Jeffries it's not even close, makes me wonder if some ppl chose based off emotion or logic

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Word as much as I love Lin and Jeffries it's not even close, makes me wonder if some ppl chose based off emotion or logic

Those that haven't agreed with you are either emotional or illogical?

I'd say that in saying that you've done the same.

I put Lin down because, though I didn't mention it in the post as I should have, Amar'e's injury is more debilitating long term, and to rush him back now under the asinine assumption that we'll definitely make the playoffs and will need him is off the mark. We'll need Lin just as badly to get this team within a definitive lead over the Bucks.

Add that long term type injury to the issue of Amar'e's contract, and there's even more reason to keep him out. Especially considering that Jefferies will be back earlier than expected, and you know how well he and Chandler play together.

Is that fueled by emotion or logic?

KingCharles34

All Star
I was thinking the same thing Crazy, I think any option is respectable here...

Lin gives us a point guard, Davis aint capable of playing 30+ minutes and although Douglas played better tonight we dont know what to expect.

Amare gives us low post and mid range offense, rebounding sometimes, and not really that much defense. He had 3 good games before he got hurt, he was finally getting back in shape. How long will it take him to get back in shape this time? And if he doesnt return until the playoffs, im not sure if its even worth having him back. Amare out of shape hurts us more then anything, we saw this most of the season. Im not hating, im just stating facts. He needs to be in shape, the quicker he can get back the more of an impact he'll have in the playoffs

Jeffries gives us close to nothing offensively but a huge lift on defense. We might be one of the best defensive teams in the league with Jeffries, Shumpert, and Chandler on the court.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I was thinking the same thing Crazy, I think any option is respectable here...

Lin gives us a point guard, Davis aint capable of playing 30+ minutes and although Douglas played better tonight we dont know what to expect.

Amare gives us low post and mid range offense, rebounding sometimes, and not really that much defense. He had 3 good games before he got hurt, he was finally getting back in shape. How long will it take him to get back in shape this time? And if he doesnt return until the playoffs, im not sure if its even worth having him back. Amare out of shape hurts us more then anything, we saw this most of the season. Im not hating, im just stating facts. He needs to be in shape, the quicker he can get back the more of an impact he'll have in the playoffs

Jeffries gives us close to nothing offensively but a huge lift on defense. We might be one of the best defensive teams in the league with Jeffries, Shumpert, and Chandler on the court.

I think you're dead right on all fronts.

Lin will bring back that pesky defense as well, and the success we've had under Woodson has been based on exactly that: defense. STAT showed he was capable of 'buying in' too, as they say.

I don't see it as a hands down preference for either Lin or STAT to return, and as you said, considering that we've seen 3 different versions of Stoudemire this year, to assume he'll return and immediately be in the rare form he was before the injury would be an ambitious assumption.

Nonetheless, I voted Lin, because of the comparative severity of the injuries, salaries, age and the personnel we have to back up either individual that are capable of doing so effectively night in, night out.

Jefferies, IMO, doesn't really make the conversation, because we knew his timetable was favorable to the team.

Playoffs first - STAT second, IMO.

Wargames

Starter
Lin slightly over STAT because B-Diddy sucks when he gets tired.

This ^^^^ baron is the definition of an aged star PG. Great for small spurts but he doesn't have the legs to run for 48 minutes.

Amare is a luxury against most teams because most teams are weak at the PF position and have large SF playing it.

However in the post season if we're the 1 or 2 seed yeah the bulls and Heat both have good PF and Amare being back hopefully by the first round will be big.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Crazy⑧s;225936 said:

I put Lin down because, though I didn't mention it in the post as I should have, Amar'e's injury is more debilitating long term, and to rush him back now under the asinine assumption that we'll definitely make the playoffs and will need him is off the mark. We'll need Lin just as badly to get this team within a definitive lead over the Bucks.

Add that long term type injury to the issue of Amar'e's contract, and there's even more reason to keep him out. Especially considering that Jefferies will be back earlier than expected, and you know how well he and Chandler play together.

This thread is simply about out of the 3 player injured who's return will the biggest and it's clearly Amare. Maybe if MDA was still coaching the team then I'd say Lin because of how much his offense relies of a good PG. But this is Woodsons team and in the post season you need your stars so Amare is by far more important right now than Lin and especially Jeffries.

This is not about will Amare's injury will bother him in the future, if you could pick one out of all three of those guys to come back at 100% tmrw and you don't pick Amare to me thats not a logical basketball decision.

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
I said Lin because he plays both ends of the floor........ Offensively, he might not yet be at the level of Nash, CP3, Rose, or Westbrook, but I cannot think of a starting PG right now who I'd take over Lin defensively.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
This is not about will Amare's injury will bother him in the future, if you could pick one out of all three of those guys to come back at 100% tmrw and you don't pick Amare to me thats not a logical basketball decision.

But this situation isn't about hypothesizing. If it was, you'd be right.

Kiyaman

Legend
Crazy⑧s;225936 said:

Crazy....if u are mentioning physical-injuries and healing-time.....Lin just had surgery on his knee making Lin injury the worst of the three players, running is a big issue for Lin in the next 4 weeks. bumbing knee to knee or an oponent headbuddin Lin knee would be movin backwards.

As for Stat injury (knee, or shoulder, or back), Stat does what Stat want to do....if u didnt get the memo in December of Stat's work-out with Isiah Thomas in Florida (Stat's home) instead of reporting to our short training-camp, or Stat's so-call July/August/September training-camp in Florida (home), or the missing Stat in the postseason games, or one of the top reasons owner Dolan pulled the Melo trade, or owner Dolan pursue to rehire Isiah Thomas, or Phoenix offer to Stat for 3 seasons of guaranteed $$$ on a 6 season contract....how many memo's do one need on Stat.

Those who select "Stat" need to rewind their DVD....Stat is a Super-Star that dont co-exist with any of his Knicks teammates on a level to be an impact or valuable in a postseason series....Jefferies at least co-exist with exellence with Tyson Chandler on the defensive end (as a PF or SF) to challenge any postseason team in a series for the most STOPS....especially when u add Shump or Fields in their lineup.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Crazy⑧s;225957 said:
But this situation isn't about hypothesizing. If it was, you'd be right.
Actually it's neither about this nor if they're 100% healthy. If they can play not that hurt, then we should be talking about who we think would be best for THIS post-season. After this season is important of course, but I believe this team can go deep, even win it all.

I think I'm gonna go with STAT because his defense picked up, and he looked like STAT again offensively.

Jeffries is guaranteed defense though.

Lin would definitely help, but it's not like there wasn't teams that won without good PGs (which Baron is, he just needs need Douglas or whoever to step-up for his rest), and this isn't the D'Antoni era anymore, we could win with STAT's offensive without Lin imo.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Is it Jeffries' defensive versatility, hustle on both sides of the floor, and rest for Tyson?

Is it STAT's offensive impact, rebounding, and hopefully the continuation of the defensive effort?

Or is it Lin for another good floor general and rest for B. Diddy?

Well here it looks like RJ wasn't talking about risking anything for the future.

Which is why I'll stand by my assesment that its STAT. It's not even close.

Look I love Lin. Really love him. But he's not nearly as good at STAT. Not yet.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Well here it looks like RJ wasn't talking about risking anything for the future.

Which is why I'll stand by my assesment that its STAT. It's not even close.

Look I love Lin. Really love him. But he's not nearly as good at STAT. Not yet.

Yea really this poll should be this close the 2nd best player of the team is injured unless Melo was on that list Amare should have almost 100% votes.

JS3

Benchwarmer
JJ ALL THE WAY

We need boards, we need hustle, we need D.

JJ is gonna play today :crossfingers: , and Tyson needs help.

I am not saying that Amare nor Lin is missing for me, but, Amare only started to play some D and getting his explosiveness back and JLIN was in sort of decline(no dis).

Its always about the missing links, and the missing link in this year was hustle and D, those criteria is where JJ is exhale

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
I just go with the statistics as to which player wins more when he is in the game:

With Stat in the game, Knicks won 19 and lost 24

With JJ in the game, Knicks won 18 and lost 15

With Lin in the game, Knicks won 20 and lost 15

It would be tough for the Knicks without JJ AND Stat going into the last weeks of the playoff race. Now that Lin is out for the season, we just can't afford any more injuries.
It doesnt matter what the regular season records show. Any team peaks at the playoff has a good shot at Finals.
Phil Jackson is a master at peaking his teams entering the playoffs. Gregg Popovich is best at utilize and maximize his players, with less chances for injuries. Woodson needs to do the same with Knicks.

Kiyaman

Legend
Which player on the Knicks roster made the biggest impact this season???

When is someone going to put the WEAKEST area on the Knicks roster this season
has been the "PG" position....a young "Jeremy Lin" added to the Knicks roster started
a world-wide "Lin-Sanity-Rush" in this country....Lin-Sanity didnt need two of the NBA
highest scorers to take the Knicks on a seven game winning streak...

Which player on the Knicks roster made the biggest impact this season???