View Poll Results: Who's return will be the biggest as it stands now?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jeffries

    12 23.08%
  • STAT

    19 36.54%
  • Lin

    21 40.38%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 74

Thread: Jeffries, STAT, or Lin - Who's return will be the biggest?

  1. #46
    Member Munchen13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New Haven
    Posts
    199
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    Yea I'm honestly flabbergasted by these results lol

    I don't think ppl realize the MOST important thing in the playoffs are go to guys that can carry you. Not to mention who knows how Lin will play against opposing teams defense in the playoffs, Amare is a proven player in the post season he usually actually plays some of his best ball in the playoffs.
    i totally agree, after all.. it's not like we have options for who to be back between both lol

    amare did great in one game of last year's playoffs against the celtics.. he owned KG with almost 25 points, he was a monster

    plus, i dont recall any championship teams who didnt have AT LEAST two big men carrying them at both ends

    2011 mavs: chandler and dirk (yeah he rebounded and blocked, he aint soft)

    lakers (pau's outstanding rebounding abilities, bynum)

    spurs (the presence of a living legend like timmy is enough)

    2006 heat (shaq, need i say more?)

    2004 pistons (wallace at his prime was a moving wall of defense plus sheed)

    shaq's lakers (shaq at his prime)


    so yeah... stat is pretty much needed

  2. #47
    Superstar NYCLakerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Munchen13
    i totally agree, after all.. it's not like we have options for who to be back between both lol

    amare did great in one game of last year's playoffs against the celtics.. he owned KG with almost 25 points, he was a monster

    plus, i dont recall any championship teams who didnt have AT LEAST two big men carrying them at both ends

    2011 mavs: chandler and dirk (yeah he rebounded and blocked, he aint soft)

    lakers (pau's outstanding rebounding abilities, bynum)

    spurs (the presence of a living legend like timmy is enough)

    2006 heat (shaq, need i say more?)

    2004 pistons (wallace at his prime was a moving wall of defense plus sheed)

    shaq's lakers (shaq at his prime)


    so yeah... stat is pretty much needed

    Yea when winning a championship having good big men are almost essential

  3. #48
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,988
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    Yea I'm honestly flabbergasted by these results lol

    I don't think ppl realize the MOST important thing in the playoffs are go to guys that can carry you. Not to mention who knows how Lin will play against opposing teams defense in the playoffs, Amare is a proven player in the post season he usually actually plays some of his best ball in the playoffs.

    I dont think u watch any of the "ISO" games this season....if u did then u could understand why more members selected Lin over Stat....
    C-Tyson Chandler
    PF-???
    SF-Melo
    SG-Shump
    PG-Lin
    Stat's NBA career has not been as a PF....check Stat"s position in his last 3 All-Star appearances...

  4. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    235
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I dont think u watch any of the "ISO" games this season....if u did then u could understand why more members selected Lin over Stat....
    C-Tyson Chandler
    PF-???
    SF-Melo
    SG-Shump
    PG-Lin
    Stat's NBA career has not been as a PF....check Stat"s position in his last 3 All-Star appearances...
    Are you saying Stat and Chandler cant coexist?

  5. #50
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    You guys are crazy if u think Stats gonna pick up right where he left off. By the time he comes back we'll have 4 or 5 games left, if that. We saw how long it took him to get into shape before, hes gonna come back and pick up stupid fouls. He'll got called for charging, he'll get his shot blocked 5 or 6 times a game. We're better off without him coming back, we know now that Lins basically done but his return woulda been far more important. What can Stat do to help our lack of ball movement? Nothing. Stats a dumb choice at this point, he should rest up and get into great shape for next year. My guess is it would take Amare 2 to 3 weeks to get into shape, he doesnt have that much time.

  6. #51
    Member Number3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    right across the river...Jersey
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Lin's return!!! we need a pg bad!!!

  7. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Derrick Rose, who was 1 for 13 from the field for a career-low two points, said he had no issue with being benched late in the Chicago Bulls' 96-86 overtime win over the Miami Heat on Thursday.......

    And he was constantly referred to as a point guard "much" greater than Lin.

    And he was blocked by Lin big time during their first encounter.

    Now ppl are saying blah blah blah and hint Lin's not a "proven player" in the post season. If only proven players can play playoff games, then there will be no playoffs.

    Let me put it right here: Lin will continue to improve and evolve into a superstar, but he has just played enough games to prove that he's a very very good NBA level basketball player.

    p.s. I know perfectly well that Rose's value should not be judged by just this one game. But I've noticed that many ppl have said things about Lin based on a particular scene or two, only. That's kind of not fair!

  8. #53
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Stat is back tomorrow. He said so on his twitter.

  9. #54
    Nein, Mann! Lercher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,058
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by masri01
    Stat is back tomorrow. He said so on his twitter.
    @amareisrael: Just drove back from practice, @nyknicks looking good for game vs. @Heat tomorrow, thx again to @LRManhattanNYC for the new Range


    Where did he say he's playing tomorrow?

  10. #55
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Originally Posted by masri01
    Stat is back tomorrow. He said so on his twitter.





  11. #56
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    @amareisrael: Just drove back from practice, @nyknicks looking good for game vs. @Heat tomorrow, thx again to @LRManhattanNYC for the new Range


    Where did he say he's playing tomorrow?
    Well when someone says his looking good for tomorrow's game it usually means he is going to play. Right now I'd say there is more of a chance of him playing tomorrow then not playing...

  12. #57
    Member knickerbocka176's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    298
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by masri01
    Well when someone says his looking good for tomorrow's game it usually means he is going to play. Right now I'd say there is more of a chance of him playing tomorrow then not playing...
    He said the knicks were looking good for the game

  13. #58
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,482
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    haven't commented on this, as I was thinking about it.

    I voted Lin. as we all know, PG is essential.
    although the Cunning Lingus may be turnover prone (less and less as season progressed),
    his PG ability to get in the paint and pass to the open man is KEY.
    plus he's a good defender.

    STAT has off games where all he's doing is shooting short jumpers and missing, and not playing dee to the max.
    you can't assume he's going to be back where he was when he returns. the last time he returned, it took him at least
    2 weeks to get back to form.

    Girafferies, the same. when he was in mid-season form, playing D, getting O and D 'bounds,
    flopping like the Giraffefish, and actually taking it to the hoop (usually from Lin), he is excellent.
    but seeing how he's playing now, fumbling and bumbling on the O, he can be detrimental at times.

    All things being equal, if all 3 players are at their best, I'd have to go with Lin.

  14. #59
    Superstar NYCLakerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I dont think u watch any of the "ISO" games this season....if u did then u could understand why more members selected Lin over Stat....
    C-Tyson Chandler
    PF-???
    SF-Melo
    SG-Shump
    PG-Lin
    Stat's NBA career has not been as a PF....check Stat"s position in his last 3 All-Star appearances...

    He was a PF in his last 3 ASG appearances what are you talking about? I fully understand that he's done a lot of damage at the 5 through out his career but he is a PF and was figuring out how to play with Chandler and Melo.

    Now I do not expect him to take off from where he left off but I'd rather go to war in the playoffs with Amare than Lin. Lin is not proven in the playoffs at all he's going to be rusty as well and the Heat or Bulls defense might expose Lin again.

    With Woodson as the coach you don't need a good PG as much as with MDA, if MDA was still the coach I'd agree since his offense relies so heavily on the PG. But with Woodson you need player you can throw the rock to and let them go to work especially since the Knicks are struggling to find a 2nd scorer consistently. And Lin and Melo don't gel well.

  15. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    217
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    He was a PF in his last 3 ASG appearances

    Now I do not expect him to take off from where he left off but I'd rather go to war in the playoffs with Amare than Lin. Lin is not proven in the playoffs at all he's going to be rusty as well and the Heat or Bulls defense might expose Lin again.

    With Woodson as the coach you don't need a good PG as much as with MDA....
    What is wrong with this offensive lineup if you dont have a good PG to drive to the basket:

    Chander: Never known as 1 on 1 and cant score without PnR or dish out by a driving PG.

    Stat at 4: All ISO without a driving PG

    Melo at 3 or 4: ISO

    Shump at 1 or 2: Outside jumper with no experience at PnR. Can drive but can't finish and not a good passer in the paint.

    Fields at 2 or 3: Not known as a passer and inconsistant driving skill.

    BD 1: At 33, he just can't drive consistantly.

    Without a PG who can drive & dish or play PnR, Knicks half-court offense becomes stagnant with less ball movements, less scoring in the paint, and less open shots.
    With the exception of Wizards game, this was how Knicks played lately. Some of the wins came out UGLY.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2012, 04:49
  2. Last 7 seasons of the Knicks graphed out
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Feb 10, 2008, 13:18
  3. Marbury may not return to Knicks
    By Cakalusa in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Dec 27, 2007, 16:19
  4. Jeffries to return
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Dec 06, 2006, 22:50
  5. Jeffries expected to return in 2 weeks
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Nov 22, 2006, 12:16

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •