Jeffries, STAT, or Lin - Who's return will be the biggest?

Who's return will be the biggest as it stands now?

• Jeffries

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • STAT

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Lin

Votes: 21 40.4%

• Total voters

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
And Lin and Melo don't gel well.

Isn't it too premature to draw that conclusion?

I've always said Melo needs to be the number 1 option. He is a volume shooter whose effectiveness very much depends on being able to get X number of shots. I am almost positive that Lin is well aware of that fact.

Give them a chance to develop that chemistry. There is only so much Melo can do on his own.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Isn't it too premature to draw that conclusion?

I've always said Melo needs to be the number 1 option. He is a volume shooter whose effectiveness very much depends on being able to get X number of shots. I am almost positive that Lin is well aware of that fact.

Give them a chance to develop that chemistry. There is only so much Melo can do on his own.

I'm not saying they can't but as of right now Melo and Lin's style is a worse combo than Melo and Amare.

For Lin to be effective he needs to dominate the ball idk if he can as effective with Melo, I wouldn't mind seeing Lin as the 6th man if NY can get an experienced player like Nash.

But seriously Amare is the 2nd best player Lin is like 3rd or 4th not to mention Amare is a top big in this league bigs are sooo important in the NBA.

skisloper

Starter
I'm not saying they can't but as of right now Melo and Lin's style is a worse combo than Melo and Amare.

For Lin to be effective he needs to dominate the ball idk if he can as effective with Melo, I wouldn't mind seeing Lin as the 6th man if NY can get an experienced player like Nash.

But seriously Amare is the 2nd best player Lin is like 3rd or 4th not to mention Amare is a top big in this league bigs are sooo important in the NBA.

I know its been mentioned before but I am just curious as I forgot..
are u a Laker Fan or Knick Fan or both.....

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I know its been mentioned before but I am just curious as I forgot..
are u a Laker Fan or Knick Fan or both.....

Both Knicks are my close 2nd fav team, my families always been split between the two teams so I grew liking both a lot as a kid but because my father loved LA and Kobe I decided to really follow the Lakers more back in like 2000.

What happened to Jeffries?

Still not back to 100%?

He was a beast during Linsanity, is pretty much a non-factor now....I hope it's only because of the injury.....he was a real asset to us and we need him back in THAT kind of shape.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Jeffries locked down Haslem and took a charge yesterday.
Bosh was Chandlers responsiblity yesterday.
Jeffries really sucks dick on offense though, he chokes HARD on layups. Its embarrassing.

I'll say Stat, but he has to be healthy or it will just be a waste. He'll hurt us more if he doesn't bring his game with him. Lin, I think will lose some speed and that first step (in the beginning). His vision should help us alot thou...and if he's working on his jumpshot he'll be an definite improvement. Either way, I suspect both of these dudes to be rusty when they return.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
What happened to Jeffries?

Still not back to 100%?

He was a beast during Linsanity, is pretty much a non-factor now....I hope it's only because of the injury.....he was a real asset to us and we need him back in THAT kind of shape.
He looked to be getting back to form yesterday.

It's to be expected with Jeffries making some bad offensive blunders, but he doesn't try a lot, so it's not a big deal to me, as long as it's not something crazy like the Boston series last year in game 2 when he took the final shot. Hopefully Woodson wouldn't draw up something for Jeffries like that.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Jeffries locked down Haslem and took a charge yesterday.
Bosh was Chandlers responsiblity yesterday.
Jeffries really sucks dick on offense though, he chokes HARD on layups. Its embarrassing.

Thats why I don't think having Jeffries and Novak in the game at the same time is a good idea you get no offense from down low.

Imo Jeffries should play with Jorts when Amare and Chandler are resting at least Jorts can get you something down low and actually finish.

And Novak should play most of his minutes with Amare at the C, and with Chandler to a lesser extent.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
AMARES RETURN

Will the return of Amare, disrupt Carmelo's game

Will Amare be able to turn it up to defensively

Which Amare will we get, the "its clear im still bothered by injury Amare or the IM BACK BITCHES, ill dunk on you Amare

Will Amare still be able to get up and down the court the way he was pre injury

Is Amare better suited coming off the bench at this point

Time will tell

Amare bringing Braids back lmao.. classic

http://www.thewindyapple.com/2012/04/17/amare-sporting-braids-says-hes-almost-there/

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
We desperately need Amar'e back if we want to go anywhere.

The team as it is right now is going to steal maybe one game away from Miami or Chicago.

TruOrngnBlu

Benchwarmer
If Amare is Healthy...and god I hope he is.. He is no question the most important returning piece.

But

If healthy this dude must be on beast mode and at the very least have SOME SORT OF DEFENSIVE AWARENESS!!! I was bored the other night and archived the NY NO-Hornets game. This dude was atrocious. Blew assignments and looked lost.
Gustavo Ayon (who???) made him look foolish on a couple of plays and posted 1 of his lik e 3 double doubles ahgainst him.

I will say that after woodson took over Amare looked a little more focused then ofcourse the injury happened.

I hope some one has been in his ear about the lack of attention to detail he's been guilty of.

Show him some tape while being smashed in between Anthony Mason and Larry Johnson.

If he can come back healthy and focused it takes a load off Melo and boosts our front court size and toughness.