The Infamous Mobb Deep Appreciation Thread

KingCharles34

All Star
MobbDeepKnicks-e1332932249198.jpg

JR Smith aka Killa Instinct...when things get close Smiths killa instincts allow him to score, rebound or pass. Whatever his team needs, when hes in the streets he takes out his enemies with a gun, knife, or bat

Toney Smugglas...he rolls with a crew of smugglers. Also known as Toney Montana

Steve "The Hitman" Novak...special move the sharpshooter

Iman the DumpTruck...cuz when other players try to show off their handles he takes that garbage from them. He disposes his opponents

Jeffries the Giraffe...hes got a long neck which allows him to be the first to know when his teams being attacked by an opposing offense

Baron Davis aka Poppa Shotz...hes the oldest and wisest member of the infamous Mobb Deep. Known for his leadership and still being one of the first to bust off shots at his opponents or enemies

Mike Bibby the Getaway Driver...thats really the only role that suits him at this point

Josh "Put the Barrel to yo chin" Harrelson...he does the dirty work. When hes in there, the family members of his enemies can count on a closed casket funeral

Infamous-Team-Cover.jpg

CK63715CD.jpg

mobbdeep.jpg

IFWT-MOBB-DEEP-KNICKS.jpg

Official Mobb Deep Theme Music

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
http://www.sohh.com/2012/03/prodigy_havoc_co-sign_ny_knicks_mob_deep.html

With the New York Knicks recently getting coined "Mob Deep" over their extensive line-up of bench players, the real Mobb Deep's Prodigy and Havoc have come foward with their take on the nickname.

For Prodigy, the nickname came as a surprisingly good shocker and was well received by both him and Havoc.

Prodigy said that while the duo has used some sports references in their songs, they've never been associated with sports in this kind of manner. "I've heard them play our music before at different games, maybe during the highlights on the news and certain things like that," he told ESPNNewYork.com. "But this is the first time where the team actually called something 'Mobb Deep.' That's the Knicks. That's what's up." (ESPN)
The rapper's partner also revealed how big of a shock the team's nickname was for him.

"I thought it was like a one-time thing," Havoc said, "but then I started hearing about it and people kept on telling me that they mentioned it on MSG every time they have a game." Havoc said there is a lot of similarity between their name origin and the Knicks' bench. "It was a saying that we used to use in Queensbridge, describing how many of us it would be when we all went out, or if we saw another crew that had a lot of people rolling with them," he said. "We would be like, 'Yo, we were mobb deep last night at the movie theater,' or whatever have you -- as in a mobb of us, that we were rolling deep." (ESPN)

Over the past few weeks, the Knicks have continued to go by "Mob Deep."
Since around the time Baron Davis returned, J.R. Smith signed and Steve Novak sizzled in mid-February, the most consistent word that's described the Knicks' bench is "deep."
And the Knicks believe that depth will give them the best chance to compete for a championship this season, even now that Amare Stoudemire is out indefinitely with a bulging disk in his back. That's why the Knicks' community has been going with "Mob Deep" as the nickname for the bench. (NBA Grapevine)

As the story goes, Knicks player Iman Shumpert came up with the name courtesy of a fan in early March.

"Ok I'll think of a new since the Bulls have @benchmob," Shumpert tweeted March 1st before re-tweeting a fan's suggestion of "Mob Deep." (Iman Shumpert's Twitter)

Paul1355

All Star
Bro how can you have a Mobb Deep thread relating to the Knick bench and not have this song as the main theme song for the bench?

KingCharles34

All Star
^ Shook ones was technically their biggest single but I like survival of the fittest just as much

"Don't one of you n***** got sickle-cell or something" :teeth:

So if our guys are Mobb Deep, what are Miami? Pac + Outlawz? :smokin:

Pac went low when he said that, Pac one of my favorites but he crossed that line with some of the things he said to biggie and mobb deep

Mobb deep get at Pac too

Rikers Island flashback of the house you got scuffed it in
you would think that gettin your head shot was enough but then
Now you wanna go at my team,
you must of been drunk when you wrote that shit
too bad you had to did it to your own self
my rebellion, retaliate, I had the whole New York state
aimin at your face
at the gate, bottom line of top soon as you came through
shot through, don't even know the half of my crew
I got a hundred strong arm n*ggas ready to rock the shit
clocks tick, your days are numbered in low digits
you look suspicious, suspect n*ggas is b*tches
get chopped up, Grade A meat, somethin delicious
and laced back up, 2 G's, one for stitches
then reconstruct your face and learn how to speak again
my Mobb like a bunch of wild Puerto Ricans
wit bangers the size of African spears

From Drop A Gem

Pac was more direct with his diss, there was nothing subliminal about Hit em up. But Prodigy showed he was the better, more skilled, and more creative lyricist

Whether its Prodigy and Havoc or the Knicks bench Mobb deep is always more skilled and better then their opponents