New York Knicks - Chicago Bulls | DOUBLEHEADER EDITION

Which combo guard will serve more dimes over the next two games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Background.png

Logos.png

Info.png

Lineups.png

Chicago.png

KnicksLineup.png

Matchup.png

Matchup1.png

Matchup2.png

Spotlight.png

Alert.png

Keys.png

Keys1.png

Preview.png

Looking at the Eastern Conference standings as of now, we look more or less like a sandwich with
Milwaukee trying to reach the 8th spot being just one game behind and Philadelphia fighting to keep
their tiny 1.5 game advantage to moor their sinking ship in the safe harbor.

The upcoming doubleheader against Chicago doesn't make it any easier not only to swamp the 76ers but
also to avoid the abyss of a premature offseason. Moreover, with Derrick Rose expected to return to the Bulls
squad it will be extremely tough to hang on where we are at this point of the season. But there is still
a glimmer of hope with Jared Jeffries supposed to wear the Knicks uniform as soon as Sunday.

These back-to-back games against the unquestionable Eastern Conference leader will require 100% effort
from everyone, the players, the coaching staff and us, the fans. We have to play, coach and root like it's
the finals...

Otherwise we're screwed with now free Isiah camping around the corner.

Soundtrack.png

Chillout.png

tumblr_m20tsyE9sN1r262pjo1_500.gif

CoolClyde

ahhhh. DZWONS SON, you've outdone yourself; phenomenal GT, excellent pics,
superhot chillout machine (yes, i want to go one on one with her) and a great poll
(that's what she said). if Toney Douglas' last performance hinted at a return to form,
he'll be the one dishin and swishin and dime-in.

agreed: rebounding vs Chicago is key, teamwork on the dee is a major concern,
and our nemesis mr. turnover must be kept in check.

f*ck ErrDick Rose and his pulled groin, only person who wants to see him excel
on this forum is Smokes (for fantasy reasons).
let's hope his dick hertz.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
nice game thread..
funny how DRose last played on March 12 vs........ you guessed it, NYK.
And returns almost a month later vs.... you guessed it again, NYK.

But like you said, good teamword and less turnovers, and we'll take them.
:gony:

oh and I voted Shumpert... his game has been phenomenal lately.. and im sure he'll keep it up in all aspects.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Thanks fellas. BTW, didn't know it while making the GT but Walker will play tomorrow. ;)

Keeping to the theme of good news, Mike Woodson said Bill Walker will play Sunday afternoon against the Bulls in what could be the appetizer of a potential first-round matchup. Walker hasn't played since late February after undergoing a debridement procedure on his left elbow. During practices, while the team scrimmages and goes through drills, Walker is usually on the adjacent court working on conditioning exercises with a member of the training staff.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/16143/chandler-says-left-wrist-still-hurts

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Props for Gamethread

Amazing chillout machine

Really pumped for this game, me personally im glad D.rose is back this gives us a chance to see how we match up against a healthy bulls team come playoffs time.

Welcome back Jeffries & Walker

Paul1355

All Star
Even with Derrick Rose, we match up well with Chicago. Losing Lin and Amare is a killer but if Douglas can provde the good defense, not turn it over too much, and knock down a few shots then it won't be much of a loss losing Lin.

The main thing is rebounding.

We gave up 24 offensive rebounds last game against this team and only lost by a few points.

The only two games against Chicago, with the Mike Dantoni team almost beat this Bulls team so I am confident with a Knick Mike Woodson team.

We can dominate with Melo if Boozer tries to guard him, but they might but Deng on Melo and have Boozer guard Landry since Landry cant hit an outside shot so Boozer can just wait for him to drive.

Chandler, Melo, Harrleson, and JEFFRIES have to rebound and prevent the offensive rebounding for the Bulls.

Having Jeffries back is a huge plus since he was out last time against the Bulls.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Milwaukee is 13 points ahead with 5:00 left... the good news is Philly is 6 points behind with 1:00 on the clock.

Smh this race is getting too damn close.. We could be out the playoffs tomorrow with a loss. I feel confident with this team tho.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Milwaukee being just 0.5 game behind makes tomorrow's game a must win. I really hope we can split, just grab a W at the Garden, it'll be tough with Chicago playing extremely well, but let's hope we can do it.

Kiyaman

Legend
Dzwon....nice piece
"These back-to-back games against the unquestionable Eastern Conference leader will require 100% effort from everyone,"
Great move puttin stats on the bigmen matchup of Tyson Chandler vs Noah....I think the back to back biggest un-even matchups will be....Melo vs Deng, Melo vs Boozer, then Melo vs Gibson.

I select Shump over a DNP Douglas-slump, and on/off JR Smith....
The Bulls already got there 40+ wins out of a 66 game season....without their super-star MVP player the past month....making the Bulls the hardest team to beat in the NBA...
:smokin::gony: :smokin:

I think we'll split em. Win tonight at the Garden and lose 2moz in Chicago.

Let's hope Philly get torn a new one in Boston tonight :thumbsup:

I hope they miss the Playoffs. Can't stand them.

Knicks 7th seed, Bucks 8th seed.

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
TC will dominate in the paint. Melo will score his points. Our defense will step up. Novak doesnt usually do well against good defensive teams. Those are expected. But the key factor in beating Bulls: Fields.

Fields played agressively his last few games; driving to the basket, front end of fast breaks, tough defense, hustling, and even making some 3's. He needs to keep L Deng in check and create momentum plays on offense!

Kiyaman

Legend
The key factor in beating Bulls: Fields.

Fields played agressively his last few games; driving to the basket, front end of fast breaks, tough defense, hustling, and even making some 3's. He needs to keep L Deng in check and create momentum plays on offense!

Getting a win from the Bulls mean we will give 24 minutes of playingtime to
"Jorts, Novak, Fields, and Douglas".

JR Smith is our weakness vs defensive teams....if Smith start off 1-4 shooting
his bad decision-making will rub off on Shumpert to rush shots....a deep-defensive
team like the Bulls will have JR Smith shooting 90% of his shots far on the peremeter....
JR Smith should only average 18 minutes of playingtime per game vs the Bulls....

Last edited:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
@alanhahn: Amar'e out on court and looking good - dunking, spinning. Not sure I remember him doing that before he sat.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
We need Shump to handle DRose tonight, Chandler to dominate the paint and Melo hit his shots + Novak's 3s :gony: and we'll be fine...

:gony::gony::gony: