New York Knicks - Chicago Bulls | DOUBLEHEADER EDITION

Which combo guard will serve more dimes over the next two games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MadJack

Benchwarmer
no way we should have lost this game to a bulls team without rose. thats was a horseshit effort.

n why on earth was novak allowed to try and guard rip hamilton? rip poohed all over him when we were trying to come back in the 4th.

i saw no fire from marsh melo cream puff.he was content to split. lame

this is the type of game you want to be hungry for. you want to try to take the other teams heart, especially a team that we may meet in the playoffs. jordan and kobe would try hard to get a win like this.. sends a message.

melo either doesnt understand the game at that level, doesnt care, or isnt capable of willing his team in this type of situation.

Don't throw this on Melo. He was the only reason the game was even close.

Throw this on the guy in your avatar. He couldn't hit the broad side of barn from 5 feet away.

Kiyaman

Legend
no way we should have lost this game to a bulls team without rose. thats was a horseshit effort.

n why on earth was novak allowed to try and guard rip hamilton? rip poohed all over him when we were trying to come back in the 4th.

i saw no fire from marsh melo cream puff.he was content to split. lame

this is the type of game you want to be hungry for. you want to try to take the other teams heart, especially a team that we may meet in the playoffs. jordan and kobe would try hard to get a win like this.. sends a message.

melo either doesnt understand the game at that level, doesnt care, or isnt capable of willing his team in this type of situation.

Jordan & Kobe would have SUPER-STAR Headcoach Phil Jackson matching-up players with several offense/defense design plays in his triangle....Jordan & Kobe teams would have 40 rebounds to their oponents 20 rebounds, or 16 offensive rebounds to their oponents 4 offensive rebounds....Phil Jackson was a first-seeded team one season using Kwame Brown as center and Lamar Odom as PF.... Get it Right...

The Knicks didn't lack effort last night. They just weren't sharp and didn't make smart decisions at times. Also the Bulls absolutely manhandled us on the boards. That's to be expected when you play a small lineup vs the best offensive rebounding team in the league.

KingCharles34

All Star
As for Novak, every star player or role player has a few teams they're gonna struggle against. Chicago's a great defensive team, they made a strong effort to smother Novak. And Novak did get some open looks the past few games but the Bulls defense got in his head to an extent, they got him out of his rhythm. I expect Novak to play better tonight

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Jordan & Kobe would have SUPER-STAR Headcoach Phil Jackson matching-up players with several offense/defense design plays in his triangle....Jordan & Kobe teams would have 40 rebounds to their oponents 20 rebounds, or 16 offensive rebounds to their oponents 4 offensive rebounds....Phil Jackson was a first-seeded team one season using Kwame Brown as center and Lamar Odom as PF.... Get it Right...

dude gtfoh w your bs comparison thats not even relevant to the point i was making. yes those teams were better equipped. all i was talking about was the competitive desire of melo n comparing it to that of kobe and jordan. the bulls last night were very beatable without rose. we didnt need phil jackson or anyone else, only what we had. i had it right. shit we beat the bulls w rose on sunday. try to make some sense when you post son.

Kiyaman

Legend
Dont forget Woody is trying to make it with an old, post-injury PG and without STAT .

Poor excuse....if u been watching the high minutes of playingtime Woody been given to Shump, JR, Melo, and Chandler since the injuries to Stat/Lin....taking away the coaches confidence in the bench-players....show there is no plays practice during practice for players to step-up to replace Stat at PF or Lin at PG...

Who are the bigmen rebounders on the team?
Chandler-yes
Stat-yes
Jorts-yes
Jordan-yes
Jefferies-no
Novak-no

Point-leaders on the team?
Lin-yes
Davis-yes
TD-yes
Bibby-yes
JR-no
Shump-no
Fields-no
Melo-hell no

Was Lin given any plays to run by the coach during Lin-Sanity? Hell no, Lin wasnt given any plays to run (same as D.league) throughout his time as our starting PG.
Woody has not given our PG any type of design plays to excute with their teammates. The Knicks has been playing off of players instint on offense, and Tyson Chandler dominating skills on defense.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
The Knicks didn't lack effort last night. They just weren't sharp and didn't make smart decisions at times. Also the Bulls absolutely manhandled us on the boards. That's to be expected when you play a small lineup vs the best offensive rebounding team in the league.

you get out rebounded like that when you lack effort.we won against their imposing front line on sunday. they just came out and got into us.

i dont like the small lineup either. we should be starting jorts now in my opinion and melo should slide down to the 3

Kiyaman

Legend
dude gtfoh w your bs comparison thats not even relevant to the point i was making. yes those teams were better equipped. all i was talking about was the competitive desire of melo n comparing it to that of kobe and jordan. the bulls last night were very beatable without rose. we didnt need phil jackson or anyone else, only what we had. i had it right. shit we beat the bulls w rose on sunday. try to make some sense when you post son.

ronieboy....u need to leave this forum with all your player-HATER-foolishness with comparison of Hall of Famers.
The Chicago Bulls only have 14 losses in this compressed 66 game season....the Bulls are 6 WINS away from a 50 WIN season....with or without D.Rose....u need to STFU !!!! read/listen/learn
Take your "we had a chance to win last night story" to a non basketball fan.

you get out rebounded like that when you lack effort.we won against their imposing front line on sunday. they just came out and got into us.

i dont like the small lineup either. we should be starting jorts now in my opinion and melo should slide down to the 3
It took Melo playing out of his mind and the Bulls missing 4 straight fts in regulation and 2 miracle 3s by Melo for us to win by 1 point in overtime... The Bulls are just better than us.

elcol

Rotation player
This game really goes to show that the knicks don't have much of an offense to speak of unfortunately. The only think that happens is iso's with Melo or JR and sometimes they kick to an open man and BD running a pick and roll.

when I watch other NBA teams there is always some kind of offensive system where people are getting open shotsyet for the knicks every single point we get it seems the players fought a war to score. besides fast breaks nothing at all has come easy offensively because of no offensive game plan.

jimkcchief88

All Star
ronieboy....u need to leave this forum with all your player-HATER-foolishness with comparison of Hall of Famers.
The Chicago Bulls only have 14 losses in this compressed 66 game season....the Bulls are 6 WINS away from a 50 WIN season....with or without D.Rose....u need to STFU !!!! read/listen/learn

+1 Now that's funny, but Kiya is right. Now I know this is where Metro calls me Bulls fan, but our KNICKS were in no danger of winning that game last night. And yes we do need Phil and his triangle. One of reasons we got out-rebounded so badly was all the MASONS on this team and I aint talking FREE. If JR cared as much about his shooting % as his tats he would be 95% from the field. Same for Laundry and Novak is shooting flat bricks as well. Melo can't drop 40 every game esp. after the Bulls figured out Sunday he is the only scoring threat on this team. Allen Houston could come outta the stands in his wingtips and shoot better. Outside of Melo and Shump, no one on this team can get their own shot.

CoolClyde

knicklogo_anibrick.gif

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
+1 Now that's funny, but Kiya is right. Now I know this is where Metro calls me Bulls fan, but our KNICKS were in no danger of winning that game last night. And yes we do need Phil and his triangle. One of reasons we got out-rebounded so badly was all the MASONS on this team and I aint talking FREE. If JR cared as much about his shooting % as his tats he would be 95% from the field. Same for Laundry and Novak is shooting flat bricks as well. Melo can't drop 40 every game esp. after the Bulls figured out Sunday he is the only scoring threat on this team. Allen Houston could come outta the stands in his wingtips and shoot better. Outside of Melo and Shump, no one on this team can get their own shot.

you come on the forum for bi monthly post n agree with kiya over me. nice dude.. jk

I dont care how good the Bulls have been all season. There were without their best player. to me that makes the game last night winnable. i dunno why you guys are making excuses for this team. i cant believe what you actually typed between quotations up there kiya. thats a tried and true loser mentality. the best teams in the east are not that much better than us. these bulls teams with rose and boozer etc arent shit compared to those old bulls teams.

and yes no matter who the coach is it always comes back to the players for me. they are and will always be the most integral factor n any win or loss. so if im critical of melo (in this goes for any of you) just know that its for a reason and the context im basing my assessments of of him off of, ie legit greatness. if kobe had to go out and get 40 or 50 to send a message thats what hed do. melo, imo needs to have that mentality in opportunities to get 2 W's against a pretty good Bulls team that we may have to face down the road in the playoffs. that's the type of mentality Melo should have and all im saying. go out and get 50 if you have to and let the those assholes know that they have to fear you if you should meet in postseason play. i just dont see that type of gully from melo yet..

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
I dunno what post frequency has to do with the price of tea in china roro, but it is is what it is. I took NO sucker bets on last night game because the Bulls have played well all season without D Rose and thats coaching. Tibbs can flat out coach and thats the difference. The fact MELO cant drop 50 against the same team in back to back games bears this fact out. Adjustments happen and that comes down to coaching. Learn about it. Know about it.