• Chicago Bulls

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • Miami Heat

Votes: 14 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rob Low

Rotation player
Dirk's scoring >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Melo. Not even close.

Dirk led his team to a championship ....his jumpshot is historical.

In what universe?

Melo is the best scorer this league has seen since Kobe in his prime. He has zero weaknesses on the offensive side of the ball

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
The bulls, not only because we won today's game, but we actually could win the last one in chicago with that stupid mustache of a coach.

The heat is just too physical, and we wont stand a chance against them.

as for the melo vs dirk:

I only have 3 nba shirts: melo - dirk - lin

my favorite player is melo, and comparing a sf to a pf is just idiotic

melo is not a big man, it's like comparing kobe to shaq

dirk is already a legend and he made his legacy with a great performance and got a championship

melo is the best clutch player around the league, for his position.. durant is his competitor cuz the durantula monster is also a clutch

so stop this useless comparisons, and lets hope that melo can get a finals mvp with the knicks before he retires!

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Metrocard I'm just gonna agree to disagree with you Melo is one of the top 3 scorers in the league with Kobe and KD.

Yea there's a lot of player who can put the ball in the basket and even more efficiently.

But in basketball the scorer label or terminology goes to player like Melo, Kobe, and KD who's main goal on the court is to score and they score from everywhere with no weakness'.

Even if you don't think Melo is a top tier super star when it comes to scoring in this league he's at the highest level in the way he scorers and his scoring mentality it's not all about stats in this discussion.

Lebron James is not a scorer he does not have the mentality for it, but since he's such a physical beast it comes easy for him like every other part of the game. But if you really study his footwork, post moves, mid range game, triple threat game, and off the dribble moves he's not on Kobe, Melo, or KD's level in those categories.

So to me and most basketball fans being a good scorer is more about all the way you can score

It's kinda like if for a season Lebron averaged more assist than Nash, even though we know Lebron is a good passer I don't think we'd call him a better passer than Nash based on his average when we know Nash is a much skilled passer.

Another example if Ray Allen averages more points in a season than Paul Pierce are we gonna call Ray Allen the better scorer no. And why not because the vast majority of his points come from catching and shooting while Pierce gets his in a larger variety of way and doesn't have really any offensive weakness' skill wise.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
He was just saying he would take Dirk over Melo...I think Melo never lost it and people really forgot the scorer he really is.

Dirk > Melo, always been and always will be...you obviously been missing out on NBA action the past decade.

In what universe?

Melo is the best scorer this league has seen since Kobe in his prime. He has zero weaknesses on the offensive side of the ball

LeBron James always been a better scorer than Melo.

Melo can do a bit of everything on offense, but a guy like LeBron just blows you away.

Melo is good at making difficult shots, like Kobe, but based on performance, LeBron is King. James is better at taking easier shots and as a result he takes fewer of the hard shots. Melo is prone to taking difficult shots, he does make them but at 40%

Shot selection is part of being a SCORER.

Theres nothing impressive about a player that chooses to take bad shots.

Listen Lakers fan, Melo isn't a top 3 scorer.
Melo has two major weakness, poor shot selection. Thats apart of being a scorer. He's shooting 41% this season. and don't give me that D'Antoni bullshit because under D'Antoni last season Melo played comfortable in the offense.

Melo's other weakness is 3pt shooting. 31% isn't accurate.

Carmelo takes 2.5 threes a game...for his career. He only makes .8 of those threes. He takes 4 threes a game as a Knick.

An elite scorer wouldn't be taking so many 3's.

http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2011/9/24/2446337/who-are-the-nbas-most-valuable-mid-range-shooters

LeBron James is actually one of the best midrange shooters in the NBA, was ranked #7 out of 25. Melo didn't even make the list. Bron shot 45% where as Melo shot 39%

http://hoopdata.com/teamshotlocs.aspx

Knicks are one of the worst mid range shooting team in the NBA this season...check this out

http://www.hoopdata.com/advancedstats.aspx?team=NYK&type=pg&posi=%&yr=2012&gp=0&mins=0

Melo has a TS% of 50.2 which is really weak.
39.8% shooting from 10-15...and even a weak 44% at Rim shooting percentage.

If the way you score includes a lot of bricking, then true basketball minds...not your average NBA dumbass fan would understand having Melo as a primary scoring option will limit a team's potential for eliteness.

Your Nash/LeBron statement was pointless...try better next time.

Metrocard I'm just gonna agree to disa

But in basketball the scorer label or terminology goes to player like Melo, Kobe, and KD who's main goal on the court is to score and they score from everywhere with no weakness'.

Even if you don't think Melo is a top tier super star when it comes to scoring in this league he's at the highest level in the way he scorers and his scoring mentality it's not all about stats in this discussion.

Lebron James is not a scorer he does not have the mentality for it, but since he's such a physical beast it comes easy for him like every other part of the game. But if you really study his footwork, post moves, mid range game, triple threat game, and off the dribble moves he's not on Kobe, Melo, or KD's level in those categories.

So to me and most basketball fans being a good scorer is more about all the way you can score

It's kinda like if for a season Lebron averaged more assist than Nash, even though we know Lebron is a good passer I don't think we'd call him a better passer than Nash based on his average when we know Nash is a much skilled passer.

Another example if Ray Allen averages more points in a season than Paul Pierce are we gonna call Ray Allen the better scorer no. And why not because the vast majority of his points come from catching and shooting while Pierce gets his in a larger variety of way and doesn't have really any offensive weakness' skill wise.

Paul1355

All Star
Simple thread. If you can chose who to face in the first round of the playoffs, who would you rather face? Who do you think we match up better against? What is the reasoning?

(This is assuming we don't win the division.)

Has to be the Bulls. We just match up better with them because simply no one matches up well with the Heat.

With Mike D as out coach, we almost beat the Bulls twice and now we won with Mike Woodson without Lin and Amare while the Bulls had a healthy team which was only seen 11 times this year.

This win was impressive and shows you the Bulls can't stop Melo with any one player. The Heat can make it difficult with either Wade or James or Battier to shut down Melo.

Without Amare I don;t think we have a chance to win more than one game against the Heat.

I'm not afraid of Miami!

Bring these mother****ers to the Garden, keep it close and then see who's got the bigger balls.

MY money is on Melo vs Lechoke.

If Shump can do such a great job against Rose he can do it against Wade too. Only problem would be the biased refs, giving Wade all of his cheap free throw attempts - like always. You get a foul for just looking at Wade, it's ridiculous.

Chandler would destroy Bosh and I mean this. He nullified Dwight Howard, Bosh would be like breakfast for him.

Play that mother****er Chalmers very very hard. He seems to be that type of guy who runs to his mom crying when things get tough. Acting hard, but I saw him cracking up a few times. You could see it in his eyes, he was afraid....get a thug like J.R. SMith on him and see who's tougher....my money is on Smith. Chalmers is just a little bitch with a big mouth hiding behind Lebron and Wade.

I'm not saying we'd win a series against them or even have a chance, but they don't want to play us in the first round, you can bet your money on that! Lebron is already shivering at home, hoping to avoid us and Melo in the first round.

He'd get like 20 minutes of sleep the night before a Playoff game at the Garden, facing Melo. He never had that kind of pressure in his career and damn he couldn't even handle the Mavericks :teeth:

The Garden is a whole 'nother level when it comes to pressure in the PLayoffs than American Airlines Arena in Football land Texas is.

fender0577

Rotation player
If we can get STAT back, before the playoffs, and he's close to 100%, then i think we can play with anyone.We have the talent now, and we have a coach, who puts players in position to succeed.:peace:

jimkcchief88

All Star
I see Metro is doing his village idiot thing again. Stop it Metro. It's a shame that a newbie and Laker fan is trying to school you and you still don't get it. Any NBA coach/analyst will tell you MELO is a top 3-5 scorer in the league. Scores aren't always efficient, but they still score. MELO dropped 43 yesterday while being doubled, tripled, and trapped the whole second half yesterday. What game are you watching? Get on the MELO boat wagon.

Back on topic, the Bulls over Miami. It's been a great Monday listening to Bulls fans cry about yesterday's game. The topic on local ESPN radio on my commute home was if D Rose choked yesterday. Lovin it! Tried to tell my Bulls fan friends that MELO is a MELO fellow and we would be ok without Stat and Lin. Can't wait for the rematch.

And a flagrant 2 on Metro for the bag of dicks. We all know how you love cock(gallo) but he is gone and hurt like the euro-softy we told you he was(Rubio as well). Get with the program.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I see Metro is doing his village idiot thing again. Stop it Metro. It's a shame that a newbie and Laker fan is trying to school you and you still don't get it. Any NBA coach/analyst will tell you MELO is a top 3-5 scorer in the league. Scores aren't always efficient, but they still score. MELO dropped 43 yesterday while being doubled, tripled, and trapped the whole second half yesterday. What game are you watching? Get on the MELO boat wagon.

Back on topic, the Bulls over Miami. It's been a great Monday listening to Bulls fans cry about yesterday's game. The topic on local ESPN radio on my commute home was if D Rose choked yesterday. Lovin it! Tried to tell my Bulls fan friends that MELO is a MELO fellow and we would be ok without Stat and Lin. Can't wait for the rematch.

And a flagrant 2 on Metro for the bag of dicks. We all know how you love cock(gallo) but he is gone and hurt like the euro-softy we told you he was(Rubio as well). Get with the program.
dont bother.

jimkcchief88

All Star
You went to Mizzou?

Yep, and my Pop taught there which is how I know Larry Drew. I was a shorty, but I still soaked up the knowledge. But seriously, join the boat wagon. MELO is from your city. Rep your city. We will need ALL hands on deck tomorrow night here in the CHI, Wednesday in the MIL-town, and moving forward. This is the playoff run. All we need is a ticket to the dance. This is what we have all fought for and suffered.

metrocard

Legend
Yep, and my Pop taught there which is how I know Larry Drew. I was a shorty, but I still soaked up the knowledge. But seriously, join the boat wagon. MELO is from your city. Rep your city. We will need ALL hands on deck tomorrow night here in the CHI, Wednesday in the MIL-town, and moving forward. This is the playoff run. All we need is a ticket to the dance. This is what we have all fought for and suffered.

Melo is a fugazy. He has a tattoo of Puerto Rico on his hand but refused to play for the national team. Melo's dad is from NYC...Melo is from B-More though, if I was a Wizards fan and Melo was on Washington I would be hyped. You're as New York as Melo. Melo is like that out of town dude that tries to fit in NYC...its kinda funny to me.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Melo is a fugazy. He has a tattoo of Puerto Rico on his hand but refused to play for the national team. Melo's dad is from NYC...Melo is from B-More though, if I was a Wizards fan and Melo was on Washington I would be hyped. You're as New York as Melo. Melo is like that out of town dude that tries to fit in NYC...its kinda funny to me.

Didn't Melo spend like the first 12 years of his life in Brooklyn, and his nickname in Baltimore was lil NY.

But I think I see here you don't like Melo for some reason is that's it I noticed no matter how good he does you don't like giving him credit. Why is that do you think he's taking shine from Lin, or you never wanted to give all those players for him, or you just never liked the guy?

And no offense but your really not getting what the definition of a scorer is here the very fact that he takes and makes these difficult shots indicates that he's a scorer. Look at Kobe and Jordan they took some crazy ass shots through out their career and you can't tell me Kobe and Jordan are not scorers. No stats are gonna help your argument against Melo being a top scorer he's already established that throughout his career most NBA analyst players and coaches say this even Kobe said after himself Melo is the best offensive player in the league.