• Chicago Bulls

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • Miami Heat

Votes: 14 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nyknicks141

Benchwarmer
Simple thread. If you can chose who to face in the first round of the playoffs, who would you rather face? Who do you think we match up better against? What is the reasoning?

(This is assuming we don't win the division.)

CA7

Scoring Champ
The Bulls and its not even close, we have more talent, they just have more chemistry and have been together longer. We have 3 things that can match them though

Tyson Chandler will protect the basket so D-Rose cant drive at will

Iman Shumpert will contain Derrick Rose similar to how Paul George and LeBron James played him last year, if he scores 25 he'll need 20 shots which works in our favor

Carmelo Anthony has re-established himself as the best scorer in the game, Woodson uses him to his full potential and and the team plays its best when our offense runs through Melo

metrocard

Legend
The Bulls and its not even close, we have more talent, they just have more chemistry and have been together longer. We have 3 things that can match them though

Tyson Chandler will protect the basket so D-Rose cant drive at will

Iman Shumpert will contain Derrick Rose similar to how Paul George and LeBron James played him last year, if he scores 25 he'll need 20 shots which works in our favor

Carmelo Anthony has re-established himself as the best scorer in the game, Woodson uses him to his full potential and and the team plays its best when our offense runs through Melo

When did Kevin Durant, Kobe Bryant, Russell Westbrook, Derrick Rose, and Kevin Love die?"

LeBron always has, and always will be the efficient and better scorer than Carmelo. If LeBron didn't pass the ball so well and chucked it up like Melo and Kobe, he would average 35 ppg with ease. Melo has struggled to hit 20 ppg this season. No contest.

I'll take Dirk over Melo too.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12301&page=8

we have talks about things like this in the thread i posted above fam, but i guess we can use this as the official "who do you want to play thread" . I mean it really does not matter because most likely we will end up playing Miami or the Bulls in the ECF if we make it there.

Most people would take the bulls in a heart beat but i like our chances against LECHOKE and the heat. I only say this because we can certainly take advantage of the heat down low in the paint but with chicago they have incredible perimeter defense as well as down low defense especially if they insert Taj gibson at PF. Secondly we already witnessed how bad they destroyed us on the boards last time we played them... now we are without Amare so thats more size we lose. & last but not least there BENCH is just as good defensively as there STARTERS

If we can turn the heat into a jumpshooting team i like our chances against them, aside from Chalmers & battier the heat are not a team that will exactly Light you up from down town. Lebron and wade certainly do not take many 3's nor do they feel comfortable taking 3's they thrive off attacking the rim and fast breaks. with woodson as our coach & his smartness on the defensive end i like our chances against the Heat ... we dont exactly have anybody capable of stopping D.rose.. as great as Shump is defensively he is not capable of locking up D.rose the way Lebron did

knicks vs heat

Baron vs Chalmers= Baron can hold his ground
Shump vs Wade= I feel shump can give wade a run for his money
Melo vs Lebron = always a fun matchup to watch & Melo seems to win the battle
Jeffries vs Bosh? = Jeffries can hold his ground (assuming Jeffries will be the starting PF)
Chandler vs Joel= Chandler will dominate the paint

Last edited:

KnicksFan4Life

Benchwarmer
When did Kevin Durant, Kobe Bryant, Russell Westbrook, Derrick Rose, and Kevin Love die?"

LeBron always has, and always will be the efficient and better scorer than Carmelo. If LeBron didn't pass the ball so well and chucked it up like Melo and Kobe, he would average 35 ppg with ease. Melo has struggled to hit 20 ppg this season. No contest.

I agree this is not the best year to judge Melo as one of the top scorers but at least make some sense. You act as though LeBron takes 10 shots a game. He is right there among the league leaders in field goal attempts per game.

KingCharles34

All Star
^ Lebron usually does have a much better shot selection then Carmelo, the only time u see Lebron mess up is if its a close game in the 4th quarter against another top team

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player

Are you just looking at ppg to see who the best scorers are?

The top 3 scorers are Kobe, Melo, and KD.

All those players you listed can scorer in a lot of points but their not classified as scorers which is basically a player that can score from everywhere and has a large arsenal of offensive moves off the dribble, in the triple threat, and with the back to the basket.

Lebron's a great player but he's not a scorer he doesn't have the mentality and thats half of being a scorer having the mindset that when you get the ball you gonna go down and score. Lebron is a point forward half the time he's looking to pass(especially at the end of the 4th).

Just for the fact that you said Kevin Love and Westbrook are better scorers than Melo you actually lost all credibility in this discussion.

Thats like saying Shaq was a better scorer than Kobe in because he averaged more than him during the 3 peat, when someone says a players a great scorer it's more about in how many ways they can score and their mentality not about who's actually averaging the most points or who's the most efficient scorer.

But back to the OP I'd rather play Chicago

Last edited:

Rob Low

Rotation player

Wow, just wow at this post. Kevin Love and Russell Westbrook are better scorers than Melo because he struggled for a couple of months out of a 9 year career where he dominated night in and night out?

CA7

Scoring Champ

I can tell by your sig you're still living in the past, Melo is finally being used the way he is suppose to, Kobe and Durant the other top scorers have been utilized to their fullest potential all year, if Woodson was coaching from jump street you never know what would have happen, but I guarantee Melo wouldn't have shot 65%+ of his shots outside of 18 feet in the beginning of the season like D'Antoni had him doing

Heat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guarantee everybody on this forum will have the time of his life should we knock the likes of Lechoke, D-Fake and Chris Bitch out in the first round!!!

The hype we'd get would be insane and the amount of punishment they'd get would be brutal, that alone would give me more pleasure than another trip to the Finals :teeth:

While I have serious dislike for the Bulls as a franchise (for obvious reasons), I have tremendous respect for Derrick Rose, Tom Thibs and Luol Deng. They are legit and I can't despise them. I think they even deserve a trip to the Finals.

Miami on the other hand :machinegun::fury::pong::td::asshole::bang::smash::fazer::fight::nana::pumpkin:

Child please

Reactions: CA7

metrocard

Legend
Are you just looking at ppg to see who the best scorers are?

The top 3 scorers are Kobe, Melo, and KD.

All those players you listed can scorer in a lot of points but their not classified as scorers which is basically a player that can score from everywhere and has a large arsenal of offensive moves off the dribble, in the triple threat, and with the back to the basket.

Lebron's a great player but he's not a scorer he doesn't have the mentality and thats half of being a scorer having the mindset that when you get the ball you gonna go down and score. Lebron is a point forward half the time he's looking to pass(especially at the end of the 4th).

Just for the fact that you said Kevin Love and Westbrook are better scorers than Melo you actually lost all credibility in this discussion.

Thats like saying Shaq was a better scorer than Kobe in because he averaged more than him during the 3 peat, when someone says a players a great scorer it's more about in how many ways they can score and their mentality not about who's actually averaging the most points or who's the most efficient scorer.

But back to the OP I'd rather play Chicago

Not at all, through research, and watching over a decade of these guys play and using information to gather an accurate assessment what I'm saying would make sense a lot of sense if you knew the difference between "scorer" and "chucker".

Melo, Bryant and KD...have the highest volume of taking shots.

They can score from anywhere, but most of the time they miss a lot more often than they score from anywhere.

Who would you rather have, Brandon Jennings or Ty Lawson?

Efficiency > Volume

This is why Jordan will always finish ahead of Kobe due to the fact Jordan played in a harder era and still manage to score at such an efficient rate and played off the ball more than Kobe

The statement "LeBron is not a scorer" is 100% false and has no substance. LeBron is a master of all trades and scoring is one of his elite strengths, especially at the efficiency he does it at.

Westbrook and Love this season have been better scorers than Melo. These are the top prospect stars of the league and will only get better. Melo is nearing 30 years and will soon decline in his career. This is the best of Melo you'll ever see. Westbrook and Love proved this season they're better. They'll do it again next year. and my credibility is in impregnable, you need to establish credibility before you even talk about it, hold that and work on it.

Shaq was better than Kobe at scoring, always been. What kind of dumbass you have to be to not have a prime Shaq as your primary scoring option? He was unguardable, Kobe can chuck his team into a loss. Without Shaq, Lakers have no 3peat...common knowledge.

Wow, just wow at this post. Kevin Love and Russell Westbrook are better scorers than Melo because he struggled for a couple of months out of a 9 year career where he dominated night in and night out?

Are we in 2012 or 2008? 2012. Love and Westbrook both proved themselves to be elites in the scoring the department. Does that upset you? You can't accept documented facts? Wash away your conditioned mind because Melo isn't dominant... he had a terrible season this year, utterly terrible.

I can tell by your sig you're still living in the past, Melo is finally being used the way he is suppose to, Kobe and Durant the other top scorers have been utilized to their fullest potential all year, if Woodson was coaching from jump street you never know what would have happen, but I guarantee Melo wouldn't have shot 65%+ of his shots outside of 18 feet in the beginning of the season like D'Antoni had him doing

You're wrong. Bryant and Durant aren't even used to their fullest potential since their career high average is over 30 ppg, not 27 ppg.

Melo isn't even in Bryant, Durant or LeBron's class. He's a tier 2 scorer.

metrocard

Legend
Then go be a Mav's fan bro.

You're just really dumb, aren't you?

You have to say to Melo > Dirk to be a Knicks fan?

2320.jpg

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
If somebody averages a lot of points then they're a scorer, period. Not saying that the player who has the highest scoring average in the league is the best scorer, but it certainly makes him in the discussion. If Novak was averaging thirty just by shooting three pointers I don't care if it's his only way of scoring, fact is, a player scoring that much (unless very inefficient) should be considered.