View Poll Results: Who would you rather face?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chicago Bulls

    21 60.00%
  • Miami Heat

    14 40.00%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 76

Thread: Bulls Or Heat?

  1. #61
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,955
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo Evaluation Time....

    Out of Miami & Chicago....

    1) which of the two teams has the experience roster to make it to the FINALS? Miami Heat

    2) which of the two teams will get the highest ratings vs Knicks Big-3 in a postseason series? Miami Heat

    3) with the Knicks unsettle by injuries, and changing headcoaches in the middle of the season, plus earnin a playoff birth at end of season with 4 games remaining, which of the two teams should the Knicks face in the first-round of the playoff? Miami Heat

    4) The last lock-out season in 1999. the Miami Heat with Star C-Alonzo Mourning were the #1 Top team to beat in the NBA in a postseason series.
    Funny how....13 seasons later Miami Heat is the #1 Top Team to beat in a postseason series...

  2. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    It's stuff like this that usually lights a fire in sports teams. Proving someone wrong is a huge motivational factor. When that becomes a majority, it becomes even more dangerous. We may get swept 4-0 but I won't be surprised either if we split the first 2 away games. In 1999, we beat a number 1 ranked heat team as 8th seed, although arguably this heat squad is much better.

    The bulls have a chip on their shoulders after losing 4-1 to Miami in the Conference Finals despite having the best record in the East, plus their squad is very much improved from last year even without derrick rose, who I think will be a dominant factor this post-season.

    Both teams are very likely to beat us, but personally, I like our chances better against the heat. I know I am going against what most of the NBA world thinks.

  3. #63
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,318
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    What's disheartening is the realization that (most likely) the Knicks will miss out on the 6th seed by ONE FREAKING GAME!

    Playing the Pacers in the first round, then getting ousted in the second round to MIA in a competitive series (say knocked out in game 6 or 7) would at least make the season somewhat successful.

    You would be excited for next season; you would feel that Woodson accomplished something.

    Now, despite getting this roster to play up to it's potential. Despite having them play ten games above .500; do you really go all-in on Mike Woodson if this team gets swept in the first round again, or gets ousted 4-1?

    Tough call.

    Maybe we should have canned Dantoni earlier. In a season of maybe & what-if, these players only have themselves to blame.

    ONE GAME... ONE WIN... would have made a world of difference when evaluating this season. Winning a playoff series, giving the fans an extra week of basketball, and playing the HEAT for the right to advance to the Eastern Conf Finals would have been nice.

    Now, we're be looking for moral victories and justifying why another season w/out a playoff victory means we're heading in the right direction.

  4. #64
    Member MetalDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    I think this question, about Lebron "being able to handle the pressure" of playing with Melo, is wack sauce.

    Pressure?? Playing against Melo!?

    Lebron doesn't feel pressure from pudgy bums like Melo.

    Heat 4-0.

    Chicago 4-0.

    Phil Jax next season!
    Every time I see you its about Melo and some kind of "Wack Sauce".
    Lebron should be afraid, Lebron knows Melo is good and he knows hes on fire right now. If the Heat get knocked out first round by the KNICKS Lebron is gonna have Lechoke stuck to him forever. If the Knicks lose its cause of a bad luck year and they gonna work with Woodson in the off... no big deal.
    Last edited by MetalDemon; Apr 24, 2012 at 11:32. Reason: Bad Brain

  5. #65
    Superstar NYCLakerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    I think this question, about Lebron "being able to handle the pressure" of playing with Melo, is wack sauce.

    Pressure?? Playing against Melo!?

    Lebron doesn't feel pressure from pudgy bums like Melo.

    Heat 4-0.

    Chicago 4-0.

    Phil Jax next season!
    I guess players like Deshawn Stevenson and Mikeal Pietrus is who feels more pressure from since he completely folded like a little bitch against these guys last year and in 09.

  6. #66
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Do we have our first playoff game Saturday!?

    Because if we do i'm f*cked and I'll be damned if I miss it!

  7. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    193
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Believe it or not Bosh is the one who worries me. Lebron and Wade are going to get theirs, but Bosh is the x factor. Hes played quite well this season against us, and him at the 5 is a mismatch for tyson in ways. Either way I dont think theres a chance in hell we beat them in a 7 gm series, but damn itd be so fn great.

  8. #68
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    632
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    You know what....... I want the Heat over the Bulls now.
    This is what I was saying in another thread. #1 If you play the Pacers you are expected to win the series. A loss to them would be alot worse then losing a series to the bulls or heat.

    #2 IF you play the Bulls they will come in with a huge chip on their shoulders for not getting the respect a number 1 seed usually gets. All they have been hearing is its the Heats Playoffs to lose. They also hear in the Media that it would be better for the Knicks to Tank their last few game s to be able to face them instead of the Heat. I am sure they will come out with something to prove and want to destroy who ever they play in first round. the knicks would be just getting in the way of a buzz saw.

    #3 Miami has all the Pressure in the WORLD on them to win the TITLE. They are the supposed CHOSEN ones. They were the ones that made the stupid statements about winning not 5, not 6, not 7 titles. They failed last season then Riley went out and signed additional players to make them even better then last season. So its a NBA Title or bust. Riley has already said he is watching closely and if they fall short they will be wholesale changes next season including prob HC getting fired and Bosh being traded. I think we are the worst team for them to play right now. NO ONE Expects us to win. (sound familar? NYG from 07 and 11) we have been shuffling the Roster due to injuries all season. A coaching change. We are 4games over .500 but overall we have underachieved what was expected of us when the year started for whatever reason. I think if we can steal a game or 2 early which will be tough and put some serious pressure on them in the latter games i think they will CRACK under the pressure and fold like a cheap tent. We would not have this type advantage against the Pacers or Bulls. Miami brought this on themselves, all the pressure of the WORLD to win it all. its not exceptable to lose to us in 7games or whatever. We should be able to play this series really loose. just go out and treat it like a backyard game or scrimmage. nothing to lose. We take that attitude and we come out on top. WATCH AND SEE

  9. #69
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  10. #70
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    If we beat Miami in the first round, thats almost as good as a championship...wow, these playoffs are going to be CRACK!

  11. #71
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,955
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    What's disheartening is the realization that (most likely) the Knicks will miss out on the 6th seed by ONE FREAKING GAME!

    Playing the Pacers in the first round, then getting ousted in the second round to MIA in a competitive series (say knocked out in game 6 or 7) would at least make the season somewhat successful.

    You would be excited for next season; you would feel that Woodson accomplished something.

    Now, despite getting this roster to play up to it's potential. Despite having them play ten games above .500; do you really go all-in on Mike Woodson if this team gets swept in the first round again, or gets ousted 4-1?

    Tough call.

    Maybe we should have canned Dantoni earlier. In a season of maybe & what-if, these players only have themselves to blame.

    ONE GAME... ONE WIN... would have made a world of difference when evaluating this season. Winning a playoff series, giving the fans an extra week of basketball, and playing the HEAT for the right to advance to the Eastern Conf Finals would have been nice.

    Now, we're be looking for moral victories and justifying why another season w/out a playoff victory means we're heading in the right direction.

    Real Talk....
    Mafra....after last season sweep in the postseason the next logical thing to do was to hire coach Mike Woodson in the offseason, wait untill the end of the CBA Lock-Out to FIRE Dantoni right on the spot, before the short training-camp.
    No Dantoni this season the Knicks wouldve been a 3rd seed or 5th seeded playoff team. The Knicks were suppose to be a 2nd round playoff team this season....Miami/Bulls/Knicks/Pacers

    The Indiana Pacers President Larry Bird put a lot of time/energy into cleanin-up the big mess Donnie Walsh left behind. It took Larry Bird 3 seasons to scrap the pieces together to have a .600 dynamic team in the 4th season.
    The Pacers long bench has made the team a 2nd round postseason team....No! I do not want my injury-plague Knicks going up against a Pacer team in the first round of the playoffs. The outcome could be detrimental.......
    I like the odds on a Knicks vs Heat series.

  12. #72
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Tokie420
    Believe it or not Bosh is the one who worries me. Lebron and Wade are going to get theirs, but Bosh is the x factor. Hes played quite well this season against us, and him at the 5 is a mismatch for tyson in ways. Either way I dont think theres a chance in hell we beat them in a 7 gm series, but damn itd be so fn great.
    I agree Bosh is easily the most clutch player on the Heat, i think stat does a pretty good job against him though so im 50/50 on this.

    Melo seems to hold his own vs Lebron

    Shump from what i seen last time we played the heat can somewhat keep Wade in check.

  13. #73
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Soooo, I'd rather play the Bulls like I said a couple of days before.

    But tanking might ruin our karma...so let's play a starting lineup of:

    Bibby
    Smith
    Fields
    Novak
    Gadzuric

    and put it in god's hands.

    If we win it's ok and we'll play Miami, if we lose it's also ok and we play the Bulls.

    Just PLEASE rest Melo, Chandler, Shump etc. so they are actually ready for Saturday or Sunday against whoever.....

    No point in starting Melo and the gang against the LOLCats.

  14. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by miked1958
    This is what I was saying in another thread. #1 If you play the Pacers you are expected to win the series. A loss to them would be alot worse then losing a series to the bulls or heat.

    #2 IF you play the Bulls they will come in with a huge chip on their shoulders for not getting the respect a number 1 seed usually gets. All they have been hearing is its the Heats Playoffs to lose. They also hear in the Media that it would be better for the Knicks to Tank their last few game s to be able to face them instead of the Heat. I am sure they will come out with something to prove and want to destroy who ever they play in first round. the knicks would be just getting in the way of a buzz saw.

    #3 Miami has all the Pressure in the WORLD on them to win the TITLE. They are the supposed CHOSEN ones. They were the ones that made the stupid statements about winning not 5, not 6, not 7 titles. They failed last season then Riley went out and signed additional players to make them even better then last season. So its a NBA Title or bust. Riley has already said he is watching closely and if they fall short they will be wholesale changes next season including prob HC getting fired and Bosh being traded. I think we are the worst team for them to play right now. NO ONE Expects us to win. (sound familar? NYG from 07 and 11) we have been shuffling the Roster due to injuries all season. A coaching change. We are 4games over .500 but overall we have underachieved what was expected of us when the year started for whatever reason. I think if we can steal a game or 2 early which will be tough and put some serious pressure on them in the latter games i think they will CRACK under the pressure and fold like a cheap tent. We would not have this type advantage against the Pacers or Bulls. Miami brought this on themselves, all the pressure of the WORLD to win it all. its not exceptable to lose to us in 7games or whatever. We should be able to play this series really loose. just go out and treat it like a backyard game or scrimmage. nothing to lose. We take that attitude and we come out on top. WATCH AND SEE
    I'm glad I'm not the only one here who thinks that way.

  15. #75
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    To be the best you have to beat the best...shying away from comp is a pure bitch move.

    Look... I hate losing as much as anyone, but I'm not one of those dudes that will *****foot to the top then declare myself as the best. If I/we lose I want to lose to the best... anything less will be a bigger disappointment.

    The pressure is always on the team expected to win...I like our odds against the Heat and the Bulls. I can take a lost...just as long as we play hard and leave it all out on the floor. This is something I see the Knicks doing lately...so bring on the leagues so called best...lets put them all to the test.

Similar Threads

  1. Bulls or Heat
    By Knicks32 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: Mar 26, 2012, 23:48
  2. Miami Heat seeks center, eyes Samuel Dalembert
    By AmareForPresident in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jun 15, 2011, 14:05
  3. Miami Success Puts Heat On Knicks
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jun 01, 2011, 20:22
  4. Christmas Day: Bulls @ Knicks
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: Dec 26, 2010, 11:41
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jul 17, 2010, 12:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •