Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm officially eating my crow...

Originally Posted by CA7
    Melo always looks to pass 1st when iso'ing if you notice he holds it looks at the cutters, if nothing is there he reads the D with his jab steps and then works his man

Melo will be fine when STAT comes back the real problem is Lin who takes Melo out of his game
    Exactly last year Melo played fine when STAT was here and at the beginning of the season it was Amare's game who suffered playing with Melo. It's really Lin that holds Melo back because he's a ball dominant scoring PG and Melo needs the ball in his hands a lot to be effective there's a conflict of playing styles with Lin and Melo.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Carmelo is THE MOST CLUTCH MOTHER****ER I HAVE EVER SEEN and please, don't hesitate to ****ing neg rep me if I will once again say he's shooting too much. ENJOY!
    Why eat crow? He played like **** the first few weeks back from his injury. It finally appears that he has returned to form.

Originally Posted by fender0577
    Because fields let him sleep on his couch, so he only passes him the ball.He doesn't even look for STAT and MELO, i like LIN, but he has to realize his run is over, and get the ball to his best players.
    Lin's run is over? He is still a member of this team. He can have a big game when he comes back and has the capability to carry the team as he did when Anthony was out. Instead of crowing one player as the go-to guy, we ought to celebrate our depth and unpredictability on offense.

Originally Posted by CA7
    Melo will be fine when STAT comes back the real problem is Lin who takes Melo out of his game
    That is simply not true.

It's not a good thing to lie.

Can't we just celebrate Melo's great performance without pointing fingers?

Weren't there reports saying D'Antoni told Lin not to pass it to Melo?
    Like the days before he "resigned"
    especially after he tried trading Melo for D.Will?

Originally Posted by groundpilot
    CA7, i have noticed that too. Lin does take a lot of shots for a point guard and for some reason doesnt pass to Melo as much as he should.
    Melo is by far my favorite player and i dont like that aspect of Lins game. I think Woody has to fix it when Lin does come back.
    Rose got 29 points. Isn't he a point guard?

It's very strange that I've seen Lin pass to Melo a lot of times. Those passes didn't count?

Originally Posted by fender0577
    Because fields let him sleep on his couch, so he only passes him the ball.He doesn't even look for STAT and MELO, i like LIN, but he has to realize his run is over, and get the ball to his best players.
    He has been doing that. He will continue doing that. Please don't get him wrong. It's not a good thing to bring up Fields like that.

Originally Posted by rogeryy
    Rose got 29 points. Isn't he a point guard?

It's very strange that I've seen Lin pass to Melo a lot of times. Those passes didn't count?
    That is simply not true.

It's not a good thing to lie.

Can't we just celebrate Melo's great performance without pointing fingers?
    Rose is the #1 option on his team so he has to score who else can he count on Boozer is inconsistent, Deng is reliable but not elite, Rip hasn't been there, Korver is easy to stop, Noah has no offensive game

Lin has Melo/STAT/JR/Novak/Shumpert and still manages to shoot in the top 3 on our team, he shoots the same amount of times as STAT sometimes, also Lin misses Melo a lot, looks him off in favor of Fields/Novak/Chandler and usually only passes it to him when there is no one else available

I'd rather have Shumpert as the Point Guard and have him and Melo work like Westbrook and Durant to be honest

Originally Posted by CA7
    Rose is the #1 option on his team so he has to score who else can he count on Boozer is inconsistent, Deng is reliable but not elite, Rip hasn't been there, Korver is easy to stop, Noah has no offensive game

Lin has Melo/STAT/JR/Novak/Shumpert and still manages to shoot in the top 3 on our team, he shoots the same amount of times as STAT sometimes, also Lin misses Melo a lot, looks him off in favor of Fields/Novak/Chandler and usually only passes it to him when there is no one else available

I'd rather have Shumpert as the Point Guard and have him and Melo work like Westbrook and Durant to be honest
    I think it'll be different now that Melo is playing great. Whether Lin passed it to him enough or not, Melo wasn't the same player he is now.

Originally Posted by CA7

Thanks for your insight and honesty.

Just a little thought here:
    If Lin shoots less, he will be considered less intimidating to defenders.
    If the defenders also consider it's dangerous to let Lin shoot freely, then Lin will draw more attention and eventually produce more open shots for teammates.
    So in my opinion, Lin needs to shoot from time to time to make his passes more valuable.

Thanks for your insight and honesty.

Just a little thought here:
    If Lin shoots less, he will be considered less intimidating to defenders.
    If the defenders also consider it's dangerous to let Lin shoot freely, then Lin will draw more attention and eventually produce more open shots for teammates.
    So in my opinion, Lin needs to shoot from time to time to make his passes more valuable.
    definitely, I think Lin needs to choose his spots better though, there are times he drives and takes off balance 1 footers like Dirk and misses everything other times, he makes them or he'll make a pass that gets deflected but we end up with it or it gets deflected and we turn it over

like JVG says "dont accept in victory what we would frown upon in defeat"

Lin is still learning though I just hope when he comes back, the media and his following dont force him to get back to what he was, I just want him to set up the O, make plays when need be, hit open shots and play D......and keep TO's down

Originally Posted by CA7
    definitely, I think Lin needs to choose his spots better though, there are times he drives and takes off balance 1 footers like Dirk and misses everything other times, he makes them or he'll make a pass that gets deflected but we end up with it or it gets deflected and we turn it over

like JVG says "dont accept in victory what we would frown upon in defeat"

Lin is still learning though I just hope when he comes back, the media and his following dont force him to get back to what he was, I just want him to set up the O, make plays when need be, hit open shots and play D......and keep TO's down
    Nice quote from Jeff Van Gundy.

We definitely don't want the media to coach us.

Nice quote from Jeff Van Gundy.

We definitely don't want the media to coach us.
    thanks I love JVG he's brilliant

also thats what happened with D'Antoni he let the media get what they want, Woodson is not havin that **** which is why he put out that Lin fire, its not healthy for overall team success, guys like Shumpert/Novak/Jeffries were a part of "Linsanity" too but over shadowed by the media anointing him the next Steve Nash

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I think it'll be different now that Melo is playing great. Whether Lin passed it to him enough or not, Melo wasn't the same player he is now.
    If Melo keeps playing like he did the last few games, Lin's assists will go way up.................

At the end of the game, both players are clutch...... This could be a nightmare for opposing defenses....... Not to mention easy off. rebounds if one of them happens to misfire.................

i think the biggest difference about melo is at the defensive end .....heck from all the guys ....alot more effort .....great to see!!!..... something NY basketball has always been about