Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm officially eating my crow...

Originally Posted by fender0577
    Because fields let him sleep on his couch, so he only passes him the ball.He doesn't even look for STAT and MELO, i like LIN, but he has to realize his run is over, and get the ball to his best players.
    Originally Posted by CA7
    I just want him to set up the O, make plays when need be, hit open shots and play D......and keep TO's down
    Isn't is what Lin was trying to do before he was injured?
    IMO a lot of animosity against Lin from posts here, even with Lin isn't playing. This usually happens after Melo has a good game.

The common goal, for all fans from all sports, is winning. It's that simple. When the team is losing, everyone is scrutinizing under the microscope; the owner, GM, the coach, and even more so for the high-paid players.
    Dolan brought Melo here for one purpose only; to win! I am sure most of KOers do not hate Melo. Knicks is a team with full of talents. We all know that. And fans had high hopes this season and every right to doubt Melo's ability when he was in his long and seemed like never ending shooting slump, and more importantly: the team was losing! Now that the team is winning, we really shouldnt focus on someone who will not return for the rest of the regular season.

We can all put our blame on MDA for being the best 2-game-above-.500 team (at this time of the season) in NBA history!

Looks like a little competition here and there among players is inevitable.

As long as it's healthy.... man, as long as it's healthy......

I long for the day when players aren't viewed as the sole option on a team. I mean when will we start viewing this team as a toolbox, with a lot of different (and effective) tools, which we can use at any given time.

A good PG is guarding Lin - pass the ball to a Melo ISO. Melo is double teamed - Lin starts a PnR with Chandler. It's all about what's right for the situation at hand.

Even when it comes to who is the starting 5 on a team. I understand it's about chemistry and people getting used to their roles, but how about coaches switch it up to surprise the other team every once in a while. Especially in a playoff series. For instance - think about how much more pressure you put on a team if you have a star quality player on the second unit. (I'm not saying we should move amare to the second unit, just that it's a tool we might want to consider in certain situations).

The sad thing is that I know there's a lot of ego and power struggles that it's never going to happen. (we're not gonna pay 20mil to watch someone come off the bench, yada yada...) But I think we're missing out. The NBA has become so predictable it's ridiculous.

If switching things up and keeping other teams confused helps us win a given game, then the whole system has to adjust, including the players.

We're a team. And winning as a team should come first.

Originally Posted by lookgrabpull
    I long for the day when players aren't viewed as the sole option on a team. I mean when will we start viewing this team as a toolbox, with a lot of different (and effective) tools, which we can use at any given time.

A good PG is guarding Lin - pass the ball to a Melo ISO. Melo is double teamed - Lin starts a PnR with Chandler. It's all about what's right for the situation at hand.

Even when it comes to who is the starting 5 on a team. I understand it's about chemistry and people getting used to their roles, but how about coaches switch it up to surprise the other team every once in a while. Especially in a playoff series. For instance - think about how much more pressure you put on a team if you have a star quality player on the second unit. (I'm not saying we should move amare to the second unit, just that it's a tool we might want to consider in certain situations).

The sad thing is that I know there's a lot of ego and power struggles that it's never going to happen. (we're not gonna pay 20mil to watch someone come off the bench, yada yada...) But I think we're missing out. The NBA has become so predictable it's ridiculous.

If switching things up and keeping other teams confused helps us win a given game, then the whole system has to adjust, including the players.

Very well said! Especially "how about coaches switch it up to surprise the other team every once in a while." & "winning as a team should come first."

Superstar

Originally Posted by CA7
    definitely, I think Lin needs to choose his spots better though, there are times he drives and takes off balance 1 footers like Dirk and misses everything other times, he makes them or he'll make a pass that gets deflected but we end up with it or it gets deflected and we turn it over

like JVG says "dont accept in victory what we would frown upon in defeat"

Lin is still learning though I just hope when he comes back, the media and his following dont force him to get back to what he was, I just want him to set up the O, make plays when need be, hit open shots and play D......and keep TO's down
    Thank u, that's all i'm saying, people on here get so defensive, if you criticize LIN, in any way, he's on my team, but i'm not going to praise everything he does, just because i'm a die hard knick fan.Lin is a good guard, but i don't want him leading the team in shots taken, he's the PG, get our best guys going first, then if your shots there take it, and i'm sorry LIN lovers, but he needs to get the ball to MELO, way more than to fields.

Veteran

Thank u, that's all i'm saying, people on here get so defensive, if you criticize LIN, in any way, he's on my team, but i'm not going to praise everything he does, just because i'm a die hard knick fan.Lin is a good guard, but i don't want him leading the team in shots taken, he's the PG, get our best guys going first, then if your shots there take it, and i'm sorry LIN lovers, but he needs to get the ball to MELO, way more than to fields.
    When Melo was shooting 33% and lazy on defense and the boards NO he should not have been getting the ball......Let Melo give a 100% as he seems to be doing and then that solves all problems....nobody ever doubted his ability and skills.....his lack of effort was pathetic.....In yesterdays game you see Melo grabbing boards and playing defense and as awesome as he was one can only wonder why he does not bring that every nights as Lebron does........

Its all about effort for a guy like Melo....skills and talents just do not dissapear but lack of effort can make them invisible....

Why are we always talking about who should get the ball more? Players get hot in games, and they get cold in games. We should be happy we got several good players to give the ball to. If Melo is hot, give it to him. If he's taking us out of the game, find the open man. It's not about one person, but a team.

All you guys saying Lin is shooting too much, or Melo is shooting too much, or STAT takes Melo out of his game....enough already. You guys have been saying the same thing all season long, and you'll never be happy with how we're playing unless we win a 'chip.

Instead of stressing about who should be carrying the team, how about just acknowledging the TEAM is playing great right now?

Superstar

Originally Posted by skisloper
    When Melo was shooting 33% and lazy on defense and the boards NO he should not have been getting the ball......Let Melo give a 100% as he seems to be doing and then that solves all problems....nobody ever doubted his ability and skills.....his lack of effort was pathetic.....In yesterdays game you see Melo grabbing boards and playing defense and as awesome as he was one can only wonder why he does not bring that every nights as Lebron does........

Its all about effort for a guy like Melo....skills and talents just do not dissapear but lack of effort can make them invisible....
    There was no excuse for the lack of effort he showed, but he was trying to play through an injury, and C'ANToni didn't make it any easier on him.I was just a little frustrated by some of the stupidity on this board,(Trade STAT and MELO) and build around LIN, SMH.This guy averages 25 PPG over the last 8 years, and he forgot how to play, STAT gave use 25 PPG just last year, and some KO'ers yelling trade him, i couldn't take some of the stupidity.

Superstar

Originally Posted by KnickKnack
    Why are we always talking about who should get the ball more? Players get hot in games, and they get cold in games. We should be happy we got several good players to give the ball to. If Melo is hot, give it to him. If he's taking us out of the game, find the open man. It's not about one person, but a team.

All you guys saying Lin is shooting too much, or Melo is shooting too much, or STAT takes Melo out of his game....enough already. You guys have been saying the same thing all season long, and you'll never be happy with how we're playing unless we win a 'chip.

Instead of stressing about who should be carrying the team, how about just acknowledging the TEAM is playing great right now?
    Because when u have Bill walker, tony D, JORTS etc firing up bad shot after bad shot, and you have 2 proven scorers, not getting touches for long stretches, and your losing, because of it, it gets frustrating.

Agree!

This is not about Lin's leading the team in shots taken. Nor it is about getting the ball to Melo or to Fields. Who cares about those irrelevant arguments if Knicks keep on winning?

NBA IS ALL ABOUT WINNING! Nothing else matters much. Some people are so blinded by their own passion, they forget the common and ultimate goal for the team they support.

There is absolutely no reason for Lin not to play well with Melo. They only played less than 15 games together on court. And I look forward to their co-existence next season. Lin should be honored to play on the same court with stars like Melo. And likewise, Melo should be happy that he can finally play with a legit PG and will help develop Lin's on-court experiences. They NEED each other to play together as a team if they want to go further into the playoffs.
    Last edited by Cuckoo; Apr 09, 2012 at 08:12.

Veteran

There was no excuse for the lack of effort he showed, but he was trying to play through an injury, and C'ANToni didn't make it any easier on him.I was just a little frustrated by some of the stupidity on this board,(Trade STAT and MELO) and build around LIN, SMH.This guy averages 25 PPG over the last 8 years, and he forgot how to play, STAT gave use 25 PPG just last year, and some KO'ers yelling trade him, i couldn't take some of the stupidity.
    I will be the first to say I was pro trading Stat......Love the guy but from a business standpoint he has 60 million left and his health is question.....I imagine he was playing the way he was in fear of an injury....I mean he starts playing hard again and is injured....something has to be up...

As for Melo when you are paying a guy 20 million and he is not hustling yes to advocate a trade is not wrong.......Now we all see what melo has done these past 7 games......If he for some reason checks-out again I would again advocate for a trade.........Remember Lebron checking out of the finals with cleveland ? Our goal is to win a championship not come in 2nd....

When Lin comes back it gives us just another weapon......Melo and Lin will be fine together......Listen Melo co-exists with Smith so Lin is a piece of cake..

I do agree with Stat coming off the bench at center...In a series minutes will be key and there is no reason for THIS SEASON to have Stat in the starting 5 again......Next season YES.

Superstar

I will be the first to say I was pro trading Stat......Love the guy but from a business standpoint he has 60 million left and his health is question.....I imagine he was playing the way he was in fear of an injury....I mean he starts playing hard again and is injured....something has to be up...

As for Melo when you are paying a guy 20 million and he is not hustling yes to advocate a trade is not wrong.......Now we all see what melo has done these past 7 games......If he for some reason checks-out again I would again advocate for a trade.........Remember Lebron checking out of the finals with cleveland ? Our goal is to win a championship not come in 2nd....

When Lin comes back it gives us just another weapon......Melo and Lin will be fine together......Listen Melo co-exists with Smith so Lin is a piece of cake..

I do agree with Stat coming off the bench at center...In a series minutes will be key and there is no reason for THIS SEASON to have Stat in the starting 5 again......Next season YES.
    I agree what what your saying, all i was saying was let's get a coach in here,(before we trade our best player since Ewing) who will put his players in the best possible position to succeed.Players aren't dumb, MELO knew C'ANToni wasn't a good coach, and he was trying to throw (him) MELO under the bus, so he checked out on him, it's not the first time it's happened, and won't be the last.But all these lunatics saying he's was finished, i couldn't take it,POOR CA7, was out gunned trying to defend him, it was comical.All i keep saying was be patient, they'll come around, after C'ANToni is gone, some told me i was crazy for wanting a coaching change mid season, now who's crazy.

I agree what what your saying, all i was saying was let's get a coach in here,(before we trade our best player since Ewing) who will put his players in the best possible position to succeed.Players aren't dumb, MELO knew C'ANToni wasn't a good coach, and he was trying to throw (him) MELO under the bus, so he checked out on him, it's not the first time it's happened, and won't be the last.But all these lunatics saying he's was finished, i couldn't take it,POOR CA7, was out gunned trying to defend him, it was comical.All i keep saying was be patient, they'll come around, after C'ANToni is gone, some told me i was crazy for wanting a coaching change mid season, now who's crazy.
    LOL, I kept tellin guys when Melo got with a coach who could not only utilize him but how to make guys around him better that, how much better we could be

Veteran

Originally Posted by lookgrabpull

Well put....so many fans are blinded by individual $$$ players not noticing the loaded roster of Knicks players with so many different styles of talent to create a decent .550 winning team....I blame this on "Isiah's favortism & Dantoni's DNP half roster....it has got to the point where fans dont know the high value of a Tyson Chandler, Rodman, Ibaka, Prince, Fisher in a rotation.
    It took Lin-Sanity performance to show fans how high the value of Jefferies, Novak, Fields, Shump, and Tyson Chandler's performance can become as a "TEAM" of players.

The Knicks do have a big issue in an "EGO-struggle" problem between many of their players....everyone of them want to be "Jordan" and no one wants to be "Pippin".....early in the season we had the craziest decision-making players on offense in the NBA, all our players were shoot-first no pass players....the league seen our two super-stars become "ISO" players forcing up shots when double or tripple defenders on them. FIRE the headcoach there is no order in the offense....but Dolan or Grunwald refuse to FIRE the headcoach.

Here's one reason why fans think Stat should come off the bench....
    What position does Stat play?
    PF?
    Center?
    It looks like headcoach Woodson gave that question to the Knicks organization after
    the blowout loss to the Raptors....the question is still on hold after 7 games.
    Recall....
    The Denver Nuggets gave max salary to PF-Kenyon Martin to play alongside of SF-Melo & C-Camby.
    how did that work out?

Veteran

Listen its not like George Karl did not have his issues with Melo.........Maybe Woodson is the right coach for Melo ?
    You also have to look at it that with Lin and Stat out MELO is the STAR......Can this guy only shine when he is the lone-Star on the court ?

Melo has a reputation and when there is smoke there is fire.....Lets just hope ha has matured through all of this.......I just hope he does not need to have the sole spotlight for him to be happy....

Because for us a happy Melo is a hustling Melo up there with the best...

an Unhappy Melo would have had his ass kicked by Mason and Oakley in the locker room...