Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I'm officially eating my crow...

Superstar

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Well put....so many fans are blinded by individual $$$ players not noticing the loaded roster of Knicks players with so many different styles of talent to create a decent .550 winning team....I blame this on "Isiah's favortism & Dantoni's DNP half roster....it has got to the point where fans dont know the high value of a Tyson Chandler, Rodman, Ibaka, Prince, Fisher in a rotation.
    It took Lin-Sanity performance to show fans how high the value of Jefferies, Novak, Fields, Shump, and Tyson Chandler's performance can become as a "TEAM" of players.

The Knicks do have a big issue in an "EGO-struggle" problem between many of their players....everyone of them want to be "Jordan" and no one wants to be "Pippin".....early in the season we had the craziest decision-making players on offense in the NBA, all our players were shoot-first no pass players....the league seen our two super-stars become "ISO" players forcing up shots when double or tripple defenders on them. FIRE the headcoach there is no order in the offense....but Dolan or Grunwald refuse to FIRE the headcoach.

Here's one reason why fans think Stat should come off the bench....
    What position does Stat play?
    PF?
    Center?
    It looks like headcoach Woodson gave that question to the Knicks organization after
    the blowout loss to the Raptors....the question is still on hold after 7 games.
    Recall....
    The Denver Nuggets gave max salary to PF-Kenyon Martin to play alongside of SF-Melo & C-Camby.
    how did that work out?
    I would say this shoot first from the whole team, was a product of mike C'ANToni given everyone, and i mean everyone the green light.We've already seen a change in our offense, with a competent coach, i'm not saying it was all C'ANToni, but it was mostly him, and his so called system, where every shot was a good shot.After woody took over, STAT even started to come around, because he wasn't getting the ball 20+ feet from the hoop.

Originally Posted by Cuckoo
    Agree!

This is not about Lin's leading the team in shots taken. Nor it is about getting the ball to Melo or to Fields. Who cares about those irrelevant arguments if Knicks keep on winning?

NBA IS ALL ABOUT WINNING! Nothing else matters much. Some people are so blinded by their own passion, they forget the common and ultimate goal for the team they support.

There is absolutely no reason for Lin not to play well with Melo. They only played less than 15 games together on court. And I look forward to their co-existence next season. Lin should be honored to play on the same court with stars like Melo. And likewise, Melo should be happy that he can finally play with a legit PG and will help develop Lin's on-court experiences. They NEED each other to play together as a team if they want to go further into the playoffs.
    I agree!

Now Melo and STAT need to find a way to co-exist. They both have torn up New York City....when the other was not present.

If we want to win a championship with those 2 on the roster, these 2 need to play at their peak while on the court together.

And on topic, yes it feels good to have a closer

Veteran

Originally Posted by fender0577
    I would say this shoot first from the whole team, was a product of mike C'ANToni given everyone, and i mean everyone the green light.We've already seen a change in our offense, with a competent coach, i'm not saying it was all C'ANToni, but it was mostly him, and his so called system, where every shot was a good shot. After woody took over, STAT even started to come around, because he wasn't getting the ball 20+ feet from the hoop.
    That was the number one thing I notice about Stat's game after the departure of Damnphoney....Stat would only receive the ball 15 feet and less from the basket....the samething was done to Harrellson (Jorts), I believe Jorts only shot the 3-ball one or maybe two times under Woody's tenor.
    I hope Jorts is practicing that hook shot.

Last season Damnphoney was clueless on how to mix Stat & Melo in a lineup.
    This season Damnphoney was force to do something he got away with in his NBA career as a headcoach....which was add a starting center in his rotation (a NBA ledgit center that dont shoot 3-Balls) Tyson Chandler.
    99.9 percent of all the 2011-12 Knicks loses belong to Damnphoney.
    Even the loss tommorow in Chicago.

Dzwon....no one have to apologize for bashing a Closer....Melo have been a closer since his daze in Syracuse.

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    Now Melo and STAT need to find a way to co-exist. They both have torn up New York City....when the other was not present.

If we want to win a championship with those 2 on the roster, these 2 need to play at their peak while on the court together.

Thats the biggest thing if they can both play to their potential at the same time which I really believe they can do with Woodson's superstar iso dominant offense their gonna be the main option instead some glorified roll players like they were under MDA.

Veteran

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20

Another plus for headcoach Woody....if your not apart of the solution then u must be a part of the problem....take your asss home to Florida. No more need to be metion, other than, "Stat got back problems his own physician is aware of"....Woody chop the biggest EGO on the roster, the 2nd biggest EGO on the roster cool down quick with the presence of Tyson Chandler/Jeff/Novak/Fields/Shump/annnd Lin-Sanity.

Lastseason headcoach Damnphoney was to damn weak and clueless on how to get Stat & Melo to co-exist in one of the 30+ remaining games, which only boosted Stat & Melo EGO out of controll having a dum-dum headcoach....this season the consistent ISO plays game after game after game showed no controll of the offense by the headcoach Damnphoney.