I'm officially eating my crow...

skisloper

Starter
:agreed::agreed:There was no excuse for the lack of effort he showed, but he was trying to play through an injury, and C'ANToni didn't make it any easier on him.I was just a little frustrated by some of the stupidity on this board,(Trade STAT and MELO) and build around LIN, SMH.This guy averages 25 PPG over the last 8 years, and he forgot how to play, STAT gave use 25 PPG just last year, and some KO'ers yelling trade him, i couldn't take some of the stupidity.

I will be the first to say I was pro trading Stat......Love the guy but from a business standpoint he has 60 million left and his health is question.....I imagine he was playing the way he was in fear of an injury....I mean he starts playing hard again and is injured....something has to be up...

As for Melo when you are paying a guy 20 million and he is not hustling yes to advocate a trade is not wrong.......Now we all see what melo has done these past 7 games......If he for some reason checks-out again I would again advocate for a trade.........Remember Lebron checking out of the finals with cleveland ? Our goal is to win a championship not come in 2nd....

When Lin comes back it gives us just another weapon......Melo and Lin will be fine together......Listen Melo co-exists with Smith so Lin is a piece of cake..

I do agree with Stat coming off the bench at center...In a series minutes will be key and there is no reason for THIS SEASON to have Stat in the starting 5 again......Next season YES.

fender0577

Rotation player
I will be the first to say I was pro trading Stat......Love the guy but from a business standpoint he has 60 million left and his health is question.....I imagine he was playing the way he was in fear of an injury....I mean he starts playing hard again and is injured....something has to be up...

As for Melo when you are paying a guy 20 million and he is not hustling yes to advocate a trade is not wrong.......Now we all see what melo has done these past 7 games......If he for some reason checks-out again I would again advocate for a trade.........Remember Lebron checking out of the finals with cleveland ? Our goal is to win a championship not come in 2nd....

When Lin comes back it gives us just another weapon......Melo and Lin will be fine together......Listen Melo co-exists with Smith so Lin is a piece of cake..

I do agree with Stat coming off the bench at center...In a series minutes will be key and there is no reason for THIS SEASON to have Stat in the starting 5 again......Next season YES.
I agree what what your saying, all i was saying was let's get a coach in here,(before we trade our best player since Ewing) who will put his players in the best possible position to succeed.Players aren't dumb, MELO knew C'ANToni wasn't a good coach, and he was trying to throw (him) MELO under the bus, so he checked out on him, it's not the first time it's happened, and won't be the last.But all these lunatics saying he's was finished, i couldn't take it,POOR CA7, was out gunned trying to defend him, it was comical.All i keep saying was be patient, they'll come around, after C'ANToni is gone, some told me i was crazy for wanting a coaching change mid season, now who's crazy.:peace:

CA7

Scoring Champ
I agree what what your saying, all i was saying was let's get a coach in here,(before we trade our best player since Ewing) who will put his players in the best possible position to succeed.Players aren't dumb, MELO knew C'ANToni wasn't a good coach, and he was trying to throw (him) MELO under the bus, so he checked out on him, it's not the first time it's happened, and won't be the last.But all these lunatics saying he's was finished, i couldn't take it,POOR CA7, was out gunned trying to defend him, it was comical.All i keep saying was be patient, they'll come around, after C'ANToni is gone, some told me i was crazy for wanting a coaching change mid season, now who's crazy.:peace:

LOL, I kept tellin guys when Melo got with a coach who could not only utilize him but how to make guys around him better that, how much better we could be

Kiyaman

Legend
I long for the day when players aren't viewed as the sole option on a team. I mean when will we start viewing this team as a toolbox, with a lot of different (and effective) tools, which we can use at any given time.

A good PG is guarding Lin - pass the ball to a Melo ISO. Melo is double teamed - Lin starts a PnR with Chandler. It's all about what's right for the situation at hand.

Even when it comes to who is the starting 5 on a team. I understand it's about chemistry and people getting used to their roles, but how about coaches switch it up to surprise the other team every once in a while. Especially in a playoff series. For instance - think about how much more pressure you put on a team if you have a star quality player on the second unit. (I'm not saying we should move amare to the second unit, just that it's a tool we might want to consider in certain situations).

The sad thing is that I know there's a lot of ego and power struggles that it's never going to happen. (we're not gonna pay 20mil to watch someone come off the bench, yada yada...) But I think we're missing out. The NBA has become so predictable it's ridiculous.

If switching things up and keeping other teams confused helps us win a given game, then the whole system has to adjust, including the players.

We're a team. And winning as a team should come first.

Well put....so many fans are blinded by individual $$$ players not noticing the loaded roster of Knicks players with so many different styles of talent to create a decent .550 winning team....I blame this on "Isiah's favortism & Dantoni's DNP half roster....it has got to the point where fans dont know the high value of a Tyson Chandler, Rodman, Ibaka, Prince, Fisher in a rotation.
It took Lin-Sanity performance to show fans how high the value of Jefferies, Novak, Fields, Shump, and Tyson Chandler's performance can become as a "TEAM" of players.

The Knicks do have a big issue in an "EGO-struggle" problem between many of their players....everyone of them want to be "Jordan" and no one wants to be "Pippin".....early in the season we had the craziest decision-making players on offense in the NBA, all our players were shoot-first no pass players....the league seen our two super-stars become "ISO" players forcing up shots when double or tripple defenders on them. FIRE the headcoach there is no order in the offense....but Dolan or Grunwald refuse to FIRE the headcoach.

Here's one reason why fans think Stat should come off the bench....
What position does Stat play?
PF?
Center?
It looks like headcoach Woodson gave that question to the Knicks organization after
the blowout loss to the Raptors....the question is still on hold after 7 games.
Recall....
The Denver Nuggets gave max salary to PF-Kenyon Martin to play alongside of SF-Melo & C-Camby.
how did that work out?

skisloper

Starter
Listen its not like George Karl did not have his issues with Melo.........Maybe Woodson is the right coach for Melo ?
You also have to look at it that with Lin and Stat out MELO is the STAR......Can this guy only shine when he is the lone-Star on the court ?

Melo has a reputation and when there is smoke there is fire.....Lets just hope ha has matured through all of this.......I just hope he does not need to have the sole spotlight for him to be happy....

Because for us a happy Melo is a hustling Melo up there with the best...

an Unhappy Melo would have had his ass kicked by Mason and Oakley in the locker room...

fender0577

Rotation player
Well put....so many fans are blinded by individual $$$ players not noticing the loaded roster of Knicks players with so many different styles of talent to create a decent .550 winning team....I blame this on "Isiah's favortism & Dantoni's DNP half roster....it has got to the point where fans dont know the high value of a Tyson Chandler, Rodman, Ibaka, Prince, Fisher in a rotation.
It took Lin-Sanity performance to show fans how high the value of Jefferies, Novak, Fields, Shump, and Tyson Chandler's performance can become as a "TEAM" of players.

The Knicks do have a big issue in an "EGO-struggle" problem between many of their players....everyone of them want to be "Jordan" and no one wants to be "Pippin".....early in the season we had the craziest decision-making players on offense in the NBA, all our players were shoot-first no pass players....the league seen our two super-stars become "ISO" players forcing up shots when double or tripple defenders on them. FIRE the headcoach there is no order in the offense....but Dolan or Grunwald refuse to FIRE the headcoach.

Here's one reason why fans think Stat should come off the bench....
What position does Stat play?
PF?
Center?
It looks like headcoach Woodson gave that question to the Knicks organization after
the blowout loss to the Raptors....the question is still on hold after 7 games.
Recall....
The Denver Nuggets gave max salary to PF-Kenyon Martin to play alongside of SF-Melo & C-Camby.
how did that work out?
I would say this shoot first from the whole team, was a product of mike C'ANToni given everyone, and i mean everyone the green light.We've already seen a change in our offense, with a competent coach, i'm not saying it was all C'ANToni, but it was mostly him, and his so called system, where every shot was a good shot.After woody took over, STAT even started to come around, because he wasn't getting the ball 20+ feet from the hoop.

Benchwarmer
Agree!

This is not about Lin's leading the team in shots taken. Nor it is about getting the ball to Melo or to Fields. Who cares about those irrelevant arguments if Knicks keep on winning?

NBA IS ALL ABOUT WINNING! Nothing else matters much. Some people are so blinded by their own passion, they forget the common and ultimate goal for the team they support.

There is absolutely no reason for Lin not to play well with Melo. They only played less than 15 games together on court. And I look forward to their co-existence next season. Lin should be honored to play on the same court with stars like Melo. And likewise, Melo should be happy that he can finally play with a legit PG and will help develop Lin's on-court experiences. They NEED each other to play together as a team if they want to go further into the playoffs.
I agree! :thumbsup:

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Now Melo and STAT need to find a way to co-exist. They both have torn up New York City....when the other was not present.

If we want to win a championship with those 2 on the roster, these 2 need to play at their peak while on the court together.

And on topic, yes it feels good to have a closer :cool:

Kiyaman

Legend
I would say this shoot first from the whole team, was a product of mike C'ANToni given everyone, and i mean everyone the green light.We've already seen a change in our offense, with a competent coach, i'm not saying it was all C'ANToni, but it was mostly him, and his so called system, where every shot was a good shot. After woody took over, STAT even started to come around, because he wasn't getting the ball 20+ feet from the hoop.

That was the number one thing I notice about Stat's game after the departure of Damnphoney....Stat would only receive the ball 15 feet and less from the basket....the samething was done to Harrellson (Jorts), I believe Jorts only shot the 3-ball one or maybe two times under Woody's tenor.
I hope Jorts is practicing that hook shot.

Last season Damnphoney was clueless on how to mix Stat & Melo in a lineup.
This season Damnphoney was force to do something he got away with in his NBA career as a headcoach....which was add a starting center in his rotation (a NBA ledgit center that dont shoot 3-Balls) Tyson Chandler.
99.9 percent of all the 2011-12 Knicks loses belong to Damnphoney.
Even the loss tommorow in Chicago.
:gony:
Dzwon....no one have to apologize for bashing a Closer....Melo have been a closer since his daze in Syracuse.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Now Melo and STAT need to find a way to co-exist. They both have torn up New York City....when the other was not present.

If we want to win a championship with those 2 on the roster, these 2 need to play at their peak while on the court together.

Thats the biggest thing if they can both play to their potential at the same time which I really believe they can do with Woodson's superstar iso dominant offense their gonna be the main option instead some glorified roll players like they were under MDA.

Kiyaman

Legend

Another plus for headcoach Woody....if your not apart of the solution then u must be a part of the problem....take your asss home to Florida. No more need to be metion, other than, "Stat got back problems his own physician is aware of"....Woody chop the biggest EGO on the roster, the 2nd biggest EGO on the roster cool down quick with the presence of Tyson Chandler/Jeff/Novak/Fields/Shump/annnd Lin-Sanity.

Lastseason headcoach Damnphoney was to damn weak and clueless on how to get Stat & Melo to co-exist in one of the 30+ remaining games, which only boosted Stat & Melo EGO out of controll having a dum-dum headcoach....this season the consistent ISO plays game after game after game showed no controll of the offense by the headcoach Damnphoney.