Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idea Suggestion: Lamar Odom?

Which Lamar Odom would we be getting anyhows? He just isn't himself this year and nothing is going to change that.

If he's motivated and in shape I'm sure he can still contribute but even though he acted like a straight bitch I want him back on the Lakers for the vets min next season.

Unless we move the team to LA he probably wouldn't be interested/motivated.

Hell NO to Odom.

Anything associated with a Kardashian is bad news....

....and smell.

Veteran

Lamar Odoms is to damn emotional....he reminds me of the guy who got FIRED and return the next day with a loaded shot-gun....Dallas shouldve left his assss in L.A.
    Fukem! is my term for guys like that

Lamar would be awful in NY!!!!!

Woodson would have to beat him to play well.

i remember when Odom came into the league and we were looking at a very talented player with a bad attitude. and i think it's still the same.

He wouldn't fit on the knicks where it's family and defense and hustle and heart over flash and style. He can still have a job in the NBA for a contending team but I don't think he's a good fit for this organization.

Veteran

Originally Posted by p0nder
    i remember when Odom came into the league and we were looking at a very talented player with a bad attitude. and i think it's still the same.

He wouldn't fit on the knicks where it's family and defense and hustle and heart over flash and style. He can still have a job in the NBA for a contending team but I don't think he's a good fit for this organization.

I dont know all about that, Lamar Odoms was a high school product sellected in the draft by the worst team to be drafted by in the NBA for several decades. Plus Lamar Odom became D.Wade & Kobe's side kick Pippin....however, the organization didnt think that way when offers of a (big $$$ making) "Shaq" & "CP3" were offered for Lamar Odom....recall Odom ran dozen of plays for Kobe & Gasol as the point-foward.

Anyone who thinks Odom is washed up is crazy. He's still salty from the botched trade and never wanted to leave. He's clearly checked out for the season and it shows. Make no mistake though, the dude can still average a double double with no problem. He's basically like fukc this season.

I'd welcome him here but I agree with most that I wouldn't want the Kardashian cloud coming with him. Just think about it, he's a superior defender vs Amare and he can handle the rock like a guard PLUS an above average rebounder.

replier

Default shizzee is back

He lost his best friend in a motorcycle accident. He lost his 2 yr old infant child who had down syndrome. He lost one of parents. I think he had some good excuse.

Here is the problem with Knicks signing Free Agents. While Fields Shumpert Melo Jorts Jordan Amare Douglas are all under contract. We won't be able to get the talent we need here without trading Amare to give us the proper depth and scoring off the bench to be contender. Its bad luck to say we won't get passed the 1st round considering the last shorten season we had 99-00. But it is highly unlikely that we can win with this undersized depleted roster. We need to replace BD, Novak & Jeffries this off season. Jorts Jordan Douglas are not reliable. We only mid level exception to resign Jeremy Lin eing that we are over the cap. Their is only few team who consider taking on Amare contract. In return we have to take smaller long term contract of avg players to fill our voids. Orlando is the most likely suitor. Their goal is get Howard 2nd star so he sign long term contract. They require interior 2nd go-to-guy to with Howard and all the other shooters. he would mind playing next to another star. If Amare is traded, i do believe him & Nash will be paired up again. It might even be here NY, but that mean we signed Nash instead of resigning Lin.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Dallas has deaded him.

Question to you guys.

If he washed up?

Can he give us quality play while Amare is gone?
    As Tommy Dee says, Odom is the perfect role player and can providde big minutes if the injury prone Amare gets hurt again.

We need a legit starter playing PF so we can keep Anthony at SF so we are not too small.

Odom can also handle the ball so we don't have a stagnant offense.

He is from NY and I believe would relish the chance to play here.

THe only downside is his show because of the PR problems.

The thing with Lamar Odom is.. he has a $8.2 mil team option in his contract... so if he would have been a productive Mavs player, they wouldve taken up that option and that would cost him another year in Dallas, which he clearly didnt want.

Or

They wouldve taken up that option and traded him to another team he didn't want to play for, costing him another probable season someplace he didnt want to play..

If it would've been a $8.2 mil player option, he probably would've pocketed the dough and stick it out another year in Dallas..
    He made his money already he just wants to end his career on his terms where he wants ... aka L.A.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Originally Posted by groundpilot
    He is too soft for NY.
    Early life

Odom was born in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], New York. His father was a heroin addict and his mother died of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] when he was twelve years old.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] He was raised by his grandmother Mildred.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    In his first three years of high school, Odom played for [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], New York. He transferred first to Redemption Christian Academy in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], New York for the basketball season and then to St. Thomas Aquinas High School in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], Connecticut.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Odom was named the Parade Magazine Player of the Year in 1997.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] He was named to the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] All-USA 1st Team as a senior.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] During his youth, Odom was teamed with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] of the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] of the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] on the same [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] team.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

You can't be for real

I live right near New Britain, I work with people that went to high school with Lamar. His upbringin was tough but lets not act like he hasnt turned to terry cloth...which would mean that hes very soft

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Thanks for the update. One question for all you people calling LO soft. What do you have in terms of a situation that makes you think he is soft? Have anyone of yall chilled with him at a bar and as soon as drama popped off he left? Have you seen someone do something to his family and he not respond?

Or are you saying that because Skip Bayless said it on first and take? Or because he did not box out because he told a teammate I am to scared to go in the paint?