Knicks @ Bucks: Wed, April 11 @ 7:30pm

+ Rep Poll: How many blocks will Chandler have tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
13340732881892924.gif

751t.jpg

13340732881892924.gif

Knicks Quest For The Playoffs

Yet another inspiring Pavs Productions Masterpiece

knicks_logo.gif
knicks_logo.gif
knicks_logo.gif
knicks_logo.gif
knicks_logo.gif

The Indomitable Amorphis

296.jpg

new_york_knicks_alternate.gif

ie7jp1w07mlhzwxqgeffn9c8p.gif

ucb47iiggt6671oa3h82od97t_display_image.gif
ucb47iiggt6671oa3h82od97t_display_image.gif

the%20art%20of%20war%20pic.jpg

Crazys Exclusive Feature

ab1c46b16d6c4e37bf71236837bba466.0.gif

knicks_logo.gif
The Bucks, given their lack of an interior game, are second to none at moving the ball. They are a tight, well oriented team that can work the rock to their advantage through crisp, calculated passing around the perimeter. A lot of their offense is predicated upon making the defense move.

newyorkknicks_par1a_2012-9999_scc_srgb.png

Key to countering ball movement: the irrepressible combination of Chandler and Shump's collective defensive presence - communication, dedication and desire, and the effect that has had on others. Woodson's presence and approach have also contributed seamlessly since his ascension.

image.jpg

large_4.8img1.jpg

large_4.8img3.jpg

knicks_logo.gif
The Bucks most effective field goal % comes during the first 10 seconds of the shot clock. The reason being, that they play good transition basketball and are very comfortable with one another's off-ball tendencies.

551914_3359755467924_1090158690_33268566_156066061_n.jpg

Animated%20Gif%20Keys.gif
Key to Victory.
Animated%20Gif%20Keys.gif

As with our previous win at home against the Bucks, DEFENSE. The Buck Stops Here, as corny as it is, is equally as fitting.

543652_3453247645170_1090158690_33321294_1700644085_n.jpg

530313_3359755627928_1090158690_33268567_94052934_n.jpg

large_4.8img40Kalinsky.jpg

dance2.gif
The Starting
dance2.gif

SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Shump

shump_medium.gif

With his uncanny ability to stop penetration, anti child abuse agencies have looked in to getting him to work in Catholic churches after he's retired from basketball.

MELO

melo-pistons-o.gif

The creme de la creme of creme.

Laundry Folds

fields-hawks-smash-o.gif

His man glue is used in China's booming industry.

Diddy

baron-davis-o.gif

Hides badgers in his woolen mask

The Man Handler

byson-o.gif

If you touch his inner thigh, he'll reverse bowl your toilet.

nyk_40.gif
nyk_40.gif
nyk_40.gif
nyk_40.gif
nyk_40.gif
nyk_40.gif

⑧Calling Landry⑧

tumblr_m22qpyu5Rm1rqmy7vo1_400.gif

large_4.10Fields.jpg

Landry Fields is just one of the many players who represent a key cog in the Knicks? system, helping to power their engine. On a team full of offensive firepower, the Stanford grad has excelled by doing all the little things for the Knicks.

Fields is a fundamentally sound player who plays intelligent defense, can rebound the ball well, and even score when necessary. Only in his second season, he has already been called upon to guard the likes of Kobe Bryant and Ray Allen, in addition to some of the league?s other top talents.

His steady defensive play could ultimately be crucial when it comes time for the Knicks to contain other potent offensive opponents in potential playoff matchups. A versatile player in his own right, Fields has started at both the two and three positions this season, proving he can take on an array of challenges when it comes to locking down opposing players.

large_4.8img4.jpg

Fields? solid play has continued to be recognized as he makes an impact in the Big Apple. In addition to being named a participant in the ?Rising Stars Challenge? during NBA All-Star Weekend for the second year in a row, Fields also helped ?Team New York? take home the winning prize in the ?Haier Shooting Stars? competition as well.

Though he won?t score in bunches, Fields simply needs to knock down the occasional shot when his number is called. Quite the efficient player, he is shooting 47% from the field. His gritty determination is put on display every time he cuts to the basket in hopes of grabbing a rebound or perhaps better yet, when he is capitalizing on some sweet dimes from teammates to lay in an easy layup, or power home a two-hand slam.

large_landry.jpg

Fields fits in perfectly with the Knicks because he?s the type of player who can consistently thrive without the ball in his hands. Even so, he too has stepped up in the absence of key players. Off to a strong start in April, Fields has seen an elevation of his numbers, averaging 11.6 points on 50% shooting so far this month.

With just ten games remaining in the season, it?s officially crunch time. The Knicks will surely value (and continue to reap the benefits of) Fields? maturity and veteran-like actions on the court. His continuous contributions prove him to be an incredibly reliable player, making him an easy candidate to pace the team as an X-Factor down the stretch.

knicksonline.com Poster In The Spotlight!

0002.gif

576616_3453289646220_1090158690_33321318_1968375238_n.jpg

How can you not love that as a username?

large__MG_6704.jpg

⑧For Fun⑧

dar-tuesdays-25.jpg

large_4.8img3RebeccaTaylor.jpg

⑧For Your Loins⑧

1333977100709.gif

large_4.8Kalinsky12.jpg

⑧For Philosophical Purposes⑧

large_4.8img26Saffran.jpg

With the season winding down, the New York Knicks and Milwaukee Bucks both recognize the importance of their final meeting as they fight for the last playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
Trying to hold off the Bucks, the Knicks will look to prevent them from taking the season series when the teams meet Wednesday night in Milwaukee.

One game separates Milwaukee (28-29) from eighth-place New York (29-28) in the East. Neither team helped its cause its last time out, with the Bucks falling 109-89 to Oklahoma City on Monday and the Knicks losing 98-86 at Chicago on Tuesday.

While New York defeated Milwaukee 89-80 in the most recent meeting March 26, the Bucks won the first two and could capture the season series and the head-to-head tiebreaker with a victory Wednesday.
"It's a must win," New York's Carmelo Anthony said. "It's probably one of the biggest games of the season for us. We've got to be ready."

Milwaukee's loss to the Thunder on Monday snapped a four-game winning streak. The Bucks were outscored 35-18 in the first quarter and couldn't recover, trailing by as many as 28 points.
"For sure that's not going to happen Wednesday," Brandon Jennings said of the poor start.
Bucks coach Scott Skiles emphasized the importance of coming out quickly and playing with high energy Wednesday.

"Win or lose, are we playing like we understand the magnitude of the moment, and the type of energy we need to come out and compete?" Skiles said.

The Bucks are looking for a better defensive game than they had against the Thunder - the first opponent to score 100 points against them in seven games - particularly since points could be at a premium against New York's improved defense.

Milwaukee averaged 109.5 points in the first two meetings with the Knicks, with Jennings totaling 61 in those victories. He was held to 15 on 6-of-22 shooting in last month's loss, part of New York's 11-4 stretch under interim coach Mike Woodson.

The Knicks have held opponents to an average of 89.2 points in those games after yielding 96.5 before that. Monta Ellis said the Bucks plan to respond by pushing the pace.

"Really get out and run, don't let their defense set," Ellis said.

The Knicks couldn't defeat the Bulls for a second straight game after beating them 100-99 in overtime at home Sunday. In Chicago on Tuesday, they were outrebounded 51-33, giving up 18 offensive boards.
Anthony, who had 43 points in Sunday's victory, finished with 29 and Tyson Chandler added 10 points and 15 rebounds.
]
The Knicks have been effective at building early leads thanks to their defense lately, giving up an average of 42.4 points on 40.4 percent shooting in the first half under Woodson. The Bulls, however, turned the tables by holding New York to 10 points in the second quarter Tuesday.
Still playing without Jeremy Lin and Amare Stoudemire, the Knicks will try to urgently address their road woes. They've lost four of five and 10 of their last 13 on the road, also dropping four in a row in Milwaukee.
"We've got to leave it all on the floor," Chandler said.

Last edited:

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
amazing thread as always, thanks for making this so we can get on to the next game from that shitty loss :(

KingCharles34

All Star
I hope the Knicks can play as great as this gamethread is, huge game for us. 5 Stars and green rep...I think 2009 and 2012 would look very good together :thumbsup: :sperm:

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Hidden beneath the euphoria of Sunday's victory is the unpleasantness of a squandered 21-point lead, sporadic defense, far too many jacked-up 3-point shots, a poor shooting percentage, excessive dependency on Anthony, putrid rebounding -- and the reality that Rose's 29 points came via an unimpressive 8-for-26 shooting performance.

smokes

Huge Member
Excellent thread as always. I think you can remove Lin from the starting lineup though!

Cheers for an excellent read will check back tomorrow for updates.

Kate Upton ftw :beer:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The Bucks know how important this game is for both teams.

They're going to come to play. They're rested.

We need to **** THEM UP BAD IF WE WANT TO WIN.

We need another 40+ point game by Melo or we're done. Nobody else can score besides Melo.

Start Jeffries, Fields has been terrible again lately.

And start Smith at PG, Davis is past it.

Number3

Benchwarmer
we need someone else to be consistent.. Jr smith should attack the rim more.. that making difficult shots... man i wish we still had Wilson Chandler

Kiyaman

Legend
Crazy....nice thread, what did u think of the last two games vs the NBA Top winning Bulls team?
Is Woody coaching changing to the same type of coaching as Isiah & Damnphoney? Naw, cant be. Lastnight loss was expected....catchup ball was expected....getting out rebounded was expected....playing starters to the final minutes was not expected. Why? a game the next day!

Lastnight coach Woody played catch-up ball all game long, being down by 10 to 14 points all game....the Knicks run with 8 minutes left in the game bringing Bulls lead down to 5 points, the great effort couldnt budge the Bulls lead any lower with 5 minutes left in the game the Bulls hustle their lead back up to 12 points....This was where Woody was suppose to knock over the King with 4 and half minutes left in the game (concede), b/c we have another road game in Milluakie in less than 24 hours that we have to WIN.....Coach Woody philosophy shouldve been...."Good game guys u did well, we going to let the bench finish these final 5 minutes. We got a bus outside waitin to take us to Milluakie".

I was pissed the Fukoff when Woody put Harrellson in with 1 minute left in the game....that was some shatbull....worst than not giving Novak another option to score (double screen 20 foot jumper)....throughout TD terrible playingtime we had the lead and was building on it....now aint tha som funny shat...

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
Kate's ultimate beauty has given me my smile back after losing it yesterday.

The knicks should win just for her, and her upcoming movie this weekend, in which she will be a sexy nun

kate-upton-nun-swimsuit.jpg

novak will be back to his 3's, i can feel its rush

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Crazy....nice thread, what did u think of the last two games vs the NBA Top winning Bulls team?

Hmmmm. I was up and down about it. A lot of the mistakes were offensive, and it seemed that there was no real semblance of discipline for our ball handlers, and that some of the plays we used against Chicago at home just were not there - Melo's running off screens, triple screens at home, were bread and butter on a handful of occasions in our upset win, but the Bulls, to their credit, did a good job of denying passes to Melo, and pushed him out really far.

All in all, I think Woody was head to head with one of the cleverer and more determined coaches in the league that wanted his after a crushing defeat @ MSG. Our number was up against a defensive juggernaut. My pick for HCOTY, Popovich deserves his props, too.

The Bulls play good perimeter defense, but I thought our lack of movement therein was what really could have been our advantage, but it wasn't enforced.

If you consider the mismatches we had in the front-court as well, I think we could well have dominated the game from the inside ~ out with Melo as a post/low block facilitator. Perhaps dominated isn't the right word, but that, IMO, was under-utilized option that we should establish nightly. That's definitely something I'd look to achieve against bigger teams/with a smaller lineup.

So, I don't think, offensively at least, that the game plan was adjusted to counter the Bulls mismatches that were in our favor. It was all very undercooked.

Novak should have been replaced by Jorts in the 2nd quarter I believe, and I would have liked to have seen a big line up of Tyson, Jorts, Jefferies, Melo and Shump/JR as the Bulls continued to get second chance points and play back door cuts off of penetration. That small line up is predicated on offensive mismatches, but when we lose our spacing threat and our shots aren't falling, we're undersized in a negative sense.

I think that ultimately this team was not prepared at the level they should have been, and that a lock of practice time will take its toll. Douglas is a muppet and Baron Davis is not a starter, too.

In point form, I think that the following were our downfall:

Coming off a high and playing away.

Lack of ball movement.

Over dribbling in isolations looking to draw the defense via penetration rather than crisp passing.

Thibodeau.

Rip's heady game.

Relying too much on defense for offense - lack of practice the chief reason.

The Bulls' defensive depth.

Bad rotation - Novak has to be hitting early or get dragged. Jorts could have offered us the size we needed and some R&R for Chandler + a bigger line up which I think could have helped with the defensive/big 5 of Tyson, Jorts, Jefferies, Melo and Shump/JR.

Out-coached and lacking focus/determination.

That's what I think, Kiyaman!:beer: Thanks for asking! Not a lot of crew here look for others' opinions nowadays.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Yahoo! Preview.

With the season winding down, the New York Knicks and Milwaukee Bucks both recognize the importance of their final meeting as they fight for the last playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
Trying to hold off the Bucks, the Knicks will look to prevent them from taking the season series when the teams meet Wednesday night in Milwaukee.

One game separates Milwaukee (28-29) from eighth-place New York (29-28) in the East. Neither team helped its cause its last time out, with the Bucks falling 109-89 to Oklahoma City on Monday and the Knicks losing 98-86 at Chicago on Tuesday.

While New York defeated Milwaukee 89-80 in the most recent meeting March 26, the Bucks won the first two and could capture the season series and the head-to-head tiebreaker with a victory Wednesday.
"It's a must win," New York's Carmelo Anthony said. "It's probably one of the biggest games of the season for us. We've got to be ready."

Milwaukee's loss to the Thunder on Monday snapped a four-game winning streak. The Bucks were outscored 35-18 in the first quarter and couldn't recover, trailing by as many as 28 points.
"For sure that's not going to happen Wednesday," Brandon Jennings said of the poor start.
Bucks coach Scott Skiles emphasized the importance of coming out quickly and playing with high energy Wednesday.

"Win or lose, are we playing like we understand the magnitude of the moment, and the type of energy we need to come out and compete?" Skiles said.

The Bucks are looking for a better defensive game than they had against the Thunder - the first opponent to score 100 points against them in seven games - particularly since points could be at a premium against New York's improved defense.

Milwaukee averaged 109.5 points in the first two meetings with the Knicks, with Jennings totaling 61 in those victories. He was held to 15 on 6-of-22 shooting in last month's loss, part of New York's 11-4 stretch under interim coach Mike Woodson.

The Knicks have held opponents to an average of 89.2 points in those games after yielding 96.5 before that. Monta Ellis said the Bucks plan to respond by pushing the pace.

"Really get out and run, don't let their defense set," Ellis said.

The Knicks couldn't defeat the Bulls for a second straight game after beating them 100-99 in overtime at home Sunday. In Chicago on Tuesday, they were outrebounded 51-33, giving up 18 offensive boards.
Anthony, who had 43 points in Sunday's victory, finished with 29 and Tyson Chandler added 10 points and 15 rebounds.
]
The Knicks have been effective at building early leads thanks to their defense lately, giving up an average of 42.4 points on 40.4 percent shooting in the first half under Woodson. The Bulls, however, turned the tables by holding New York to 10 points in the second quarter Tuesday.
Still playing without Jeremy Lin and Amare Stoudemire, the Knicks will try to urgently address their road woes. They've lost four of five and 10 of their last 13 on the road, also dropping four in a row in Milwaukee.
"We've got to leave it all on the floor," Chandler said.

bash

Benchwarmer
I don't know about you guys, but i feel that this game, to me, will define what this team is all about. I honestly could care less if they make it to the playoffs just to get swept. I wanna know that the team will fight to at least give themselves a puncher's chance to make some noise. That should be the only goal for any team in any sports league-go for gold. I really wanna see how this team responds to a must win situation, against a team that is already saying that they got this. If they don't then i am ready to start talking 2nd round draft picks. :S

Oh and. . . Milwaukee is getting murdered tonight:gony:!

p0nder

Starter
This is a Must-win. Both Melo and Chandler have said it and we all know it. This is probably the biggest game of the year for both teams.

Nice GT & thanks for the spotlight!!! Noah just bothers the hell out of me... I can't stand his antics, the way he looks, his hideous looking jump shot.. pretty much everything lol

Let's get this win tonight. I like a lot of the quotes I've been hearing from the Knicks, I think they realize how huge a game this is.... Hope they come out with a lot of intensity. I think if they play D the way they're capable of they'll be OK. Let's harass Jennings & Ellis into poor shooting nights & not let the hall of famer Mike Dunleavy go off. D, Rebound, aggressive offense. Let's get it done.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
The game depends on if the refs arent gonna be pussys and actually let them play ball.

Shumpert had 5 fouls from ridiculous bullshit