View Poll Results: What type of an effect do u think Stats return will have on the Knicks?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Negative Stats, We wont even make the playoffs

    0 0%
  • We'll have a competitive 1st round Exit

    3 13.64%
  • Stat will help us make it to the 2nd round, maybe further

    12 54.55%
  • With Stat back we'll win the championship

    5 22.73%
  • Id rather see him not comeback

    2 9.09%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 39

Thread: Stat coming back soon?

  1. #16
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Yes!!!We'll need him to get back in rhythm, before we get to the playoffs.If he gets his game back before the playoffs, and with Melo Beasting, we'll be dangerous to anyone.

  2. #17
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    ^

    I agree with that statement

  3. #18
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    STAT can't wait until the playoffs to come back. It will be difficult to work him into the rotation while simultaneously trying to survive the 1st round.

    Also, I hate seeing him practice before the games and dunking. I feel like if you can play then play. Don't be out there making it look like you're healthy enough to play and then not show up or even talk to the media about your progress. If he's not 100% yet then continue to rehab and stop giving people false hope. Does he really need to be dunking if his back isn't strong enough to play??? Seems kind of stupid to me. That's how his charmin ass got hurt last year during the playoffs.

  4. #19
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    STAT can't wait until the playoffs to come back. It will be difficult to work him into the rotation while simultaneously trying to survive the 1st round.

    Also, I hate seeing him practice before the games and dunking. I feel like if you can play then play. Don't be out there making it look like you're healthy enough to play and then not show up or even talk to the media about your progress. If he's not 100% yet then continue to rehab and stop giving people false hope. Does he really need to be dunking if his back isn't strong enough to play??? Seems kind of stupid to me. That's how his charmin ass got hurt last year during the playoffs.
    Perfect post right here, Id like to see him at least get garbage minutes right now. Give him 15 minutes a game, whatever it takes. The sooner we get him out there the sooner he can start finding his rhythm.

  5. #20
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    OK i just got word from my sources that Amare is eyeing next Wednesday. At that point we will have 5 games left

    April 18..VS NETS
    April 20..VS CAVS
    April 22..VS HAWKS
    April 25..VS CLIPPERS
    April 26..VS BOBCATS

    April 28..PLAYOFFS BEGIN

    Is that enough time for Amare? Based off of what I saw earlier in the season, NO. But its worth a shot, get him in there and see how he does. Maybe they could use him as a role player in the playoffs

  6. #21
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I think it's a great time table and a good mix of competition to test against. i voted he'll take us to the chip cause i go hard.

  7. #22
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by p0nder
    I think it's a great time table and a good mix of competition to test against. i voted he'll take us to the chip cause i go hard.
    You too, i think we were the only two, that voted that.Props.Edit, just saw it was 4, still props.

  8. #23
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I still don't think the Knicks will get to the 2nd round because we don't have a legit PG that can play a solid 30 minutes right now. Losing Lin was so huge that it really kills our chances to upset some teams.

    We can beat the Bulls, but the Heat I feel would be too tough.

    Amare coming back is huge but the question is if he will be as aggressive as he was right before he was injured, playing his best basketball of the season, ironically under Woodson.

    Amare has to stay healthy and play aggressive as if he is not afraid to get hurt or else he won't play his game and will be useless since he won't rebound or play defense.

    Best we do is a seven game series to the Bulls or Heat and lose.

  9. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    235
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Can someone explain why Stat is not playing untill next week?
    Multiple sources reported that he is cleared by team doctors and he can play. He looks great dunking the ball and running during practice, so whats up?

  10. #25
    Superstar NYCLakerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by groundpilot
    Can someone explain why Stat is not playing untill next week?
    Multiple sources reported that he is cleared by team doctors and he can play. He looks great dunking the ball and running during practice, so whats up?
    I read that he had full contact practice today, and he's day to day hopefully he's back by the Boston game

  11. #26
    Member zshopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    I read that he had full contact practice today, and he's day to day hopefully he's back by the Boston game

    I wouldn't be surprised if he was back for Boston, no matter what people say about him being soft, Amare is a very hard worker and he is always diligent in working on his body to stay ready, whether he is gonna play scared not to re-injure himself is going to be how ready he is mentally to step in and make a difference.

  12. #27
    Superstar NYCLakerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by zshopa
    I wouldn't be surprised if he was back for Boston, no matter what people say about him being soft, Amare is a very hard worker and he is always diligent in working on his body to stay ready, whether he is gonna play scared not to re-injure himself is going to be how ready he is mentally to step in and make a difference.
    I read it's Weds for the Nets game now, I guess they don't want to bring him back on the first game of a back to back.

  13. #28
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    I wouldnt care if he played 15 minutes against Boston, i just think he needs to get out there ASAP. Times running out, the playoffs are almost here

  14. #29
    BALL DON'T LIE MeloforMayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    1,767
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Whenever STAT gets back, I want him back playing the center position to give Tyson some rest. Put Carmelo in the 4 spot alongside STAT and we've got huge speed advantages at the PF & C position, which leads to easier buckets for our superstars.

    Hopefully, Melo and Amar'e's newfound effort on defense can hold up and not be a problem with playing STAT & Melo in the 5 and 4 spot, respectively.

    It'll be interesting to see how that potentially pans out for the Knicks. I'd put a lineup of
    BD
    Shump
    Fields
    Melo
    STAT
    Fields can be the extra rebounder. Him and Shump can also serve as cutters for Melo who likes to find open teammates during his high post isolations. Maybe Amar'e and Melo can also get an interior passing game going on.

  15. #30
    Member 21 Shump Street's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Latest from ESPN
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Hope they are just trying to be very careful so he doesn't re injure himself again.

    EDIT. Agree that he should be playing some garbage minutes.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: Jan 28, 2012, 20:02
  2. Patrick Ewing Sneakers Are Coming Back
    By insomniac in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jul 11, 2007, 20:56
  3. Dice back Friday (Yeah right)
    By SpreeFan in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Nov 15, 2003, 10:20
  4. Back In The Game
    By rady in forum Site Feedback
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Apr 19, 2003, 14:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •