Stat coming back soon?

What type of an effect do u think Stats return will have on the Knicks?

• Negative Stats, We wont even make the playoffs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We'll have a competitive 1st round Exit

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Stat will help us make it to the 2nd round, maybe further

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • With Stat back we'll win the championship

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Id rather see him not comeback

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

KingCharles34

All Star
Stat Coming Back Soon?

Knicks Won't Keep Carmelo At Power Forward When Stoudemire Returns
Apr 11, 2012 12:05 PM EDT

Carmelo Anthony has thrived in his new role as power forward, but Mike Woodson said that Amar'e Stoudemire will be reinserted into the starting lineup as soon as he is healthy enough to return.

There are encouraging signs that Stoudemire is making progress, including his participation in Tuesday's morning practice.

?I?ve got to think the doctors and Amar?e are on the same page in terms of where he is,? Woodson said before Tuesday night?s loss to the Bulls. ?And when they tell me he?s ready to go, he?ll be right back in the starting lineup, playing the way I expect him to play.?

The Knicks are just 16-20 when Anthony and Stoudemire both play.

Stoudemire has been working with Knicks trainer Dave Hancock and the intensity of their sessions has increased.

?He?s still working out, taking it a day at a time,? Woodson said. ?He looks pretty good. Again, I think it?s going to be up to Amar?e and the doctors when he decides to make his move.

?Until he tells me he?s ready to play, I got to continue to go to guys that are in uniform. When he tells me, I?m going to welcome him back with open arms big time.?

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...Forward_When_Stoudemire_Returns#ixzz1rlSFSM9v

I have several questions concerning Stat and his potential return

We saw how it took him a long time to get back into shape this year, he finally stringed together 3 games where he made a positive impact for us.

1)How long will it take Stat this time to regain his rhythm?

2)Will Stats return slow our ball movement down even more? (think about what the starting lineup will look like again)

3)Can Baron Davis step his game up another level which could potentially help Melo and Stat mesh together better?

4)Will Melo's offense suddenly disappear again?

5)Was Toney Douglas's game against the Magic a one hit wonder for him?

6)Should Mike Bibby get another shot?

Now ill take the first crack at answering my own questions....

1) Lets say Stat comes back next week, its hard to imagine him being in shape and in rhythm when the playoffs get here. An out of shape, out of rhythm Amare is more of a negative on this team then a positive, hence the nickname Negative Stats

2) When Stat returns, the ball movement will be worse for us. Carmelo will slide back to the 3, Amare will get blocked and called for offensive fouls. Shumpert will return to the bench giving us one less player that can handle the ball and occasionally make plays for others

3) No, i do not believe we'll see Baron Davis step it up another level. He is what he is

4) I dont think Melo's offense will disappear, but without the cross matchups or the bigger slower defenders on him, i think it will be a little easier for teams to defend him as a small forward. I dont think he'll keep playing as well as he has since Stat and Lin got injured

5) Douglas's game was not quite a one hit wonder against the Magic, he could have another game like that here or there but Im not expecting much from him. I think perhaps at the beginning of the season, Carmelo meant to give Dantoni cancer similar to how he did that to George Karl in Denver. But perhaps Douglas was standing behind or next to Dantoni and somehow caught the cancer instead

6) Why not give Bibby a few minutes here and there? He does play with pride, hes not as bad defensively as many of u say he is in my opinion. If he could just find his shot...but he'll never be the penetrator/point guard that this team desperately needs.

To conclude this thread, I dont think Stats return will make us a better team. He might as well rest up and get himself into great shape for next year. This year, I think the most we can hope for at this point is a competitive first round. Anything else is unrealistic

Last edited:

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Can`t wait to see him back. People say he should come off the bench are mad. Apart from `Melo we are not getting much offense from anyone else. We need Stat.

I just hope that this latest back problem hasn`t slowed him too much. Just before the injury he was finally back to last seasons Amare. Scoring in his usual way, even defending well and grabbing boards.

In Amare we trust !!

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I voted to rather not have him back, not because i think he'd be a liability but because i just rather not risk another injury with with Amare, his (UNINSURED) contract is locked in for another 3 seasons it's better to keep it on the safe side.

KingCharles34

All Star
If hes gonna comeback, he needs to comeback ASAP. Im not trying to hate but we saw the way he played before he finally got into better shape. He hurt us more then he helped us, he'd be completely lost in a playoff game with playoff intensity. Just think about the turnovers, the offensive fouls, his shot getting blocked 5 times a game...If Amares not in shape he should not play at all. Im only going off of what I've already seen

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
If hes gonna comeback, he needs to comeback ASAP. Im not trying to hate but we saw the way he played before he finally got into better shape. He hurt us more then he helped us, he'd be completely lost in a playoff game with playoff intensity. Just think about the turnovers, the offensive fouls, his shot getting blocked 5 times a game...If Amares not in shape he should not play at all. Im only going off of what I've already seen

KingStarbury3 you've been one of my fav posters for years, but I may have to nickname you negative fan... plain and simple, we are a fun and competitive team at the moment, we are not a team that can win 7 game series with strong opposition, we need every player to play at a high level to go deep, if we have championship aspirations we need stat and melo balling at a high level, otherwise it's gonna be very tough

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I want this man back ASAP the offense needs that reliable 2nd scorer, and I wanna see the bench strengthened a little bit with Shump back with the 2nd unit.

tiger0330

Legend
What happened to TD? He had that good game so you would have thought he won the backup PG position and maybe even start with BD playing like s**t but Woody has been been DNP'ing him. We need Stat back sooner rather than later with the PG position the way it is.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
After his Chicago appearance I wouldn't expect him to get another chance. Despite being a TD fan I have to admit he's been horrible this season and I'd rather play Shump/Smith as our 2nd PG.

KingCharles34

All Star
KingStarbury3 you've been one of my fav posters for years, but I may have to nickname you negative fan... plain and simple, we are a fun and competitive team at the moment, we are not a team that can win 7 game series with strong opposition, we need every player to play at a high level to go deep, if we have championship aspirations we need stat and melo balling at a high level, otherwise it's gonna be very tough

I respect you but I don't really see your counter arguments for my arguments.

I believe an out of shape Stat hurts us more then he helps us

We saw that during the regular season, with playoff intensity Stat would only pickup more offensive fouls. His shot would only get blocked more

Hes not gonna be the Stat we saw in the last 3 games before he got hurt. That was his only good 3 game stretch of the year, everybody keeps making up their own arguments for why we need him while ignoring my facts. Lets be real, unless he has enough time to get his legs...he will UNDENIABLY hurt us more then he will help us

fender0577

Rotation player
Yes!!!We'll need him to get back in rhythm, before we get to the playoffs.If he gets his game back before the playoffs, and with Melo Beasting, we'll be dangerous to anyone.:gony:

nyk_nyk

All Star
STAT can't wait until the playoffs to come back. It will be difficult to work him into the rotation while simultaneously trying to survive the 1st round.

Also, I hate seeing him practice before the games and dunking. I feel like if you can play then play. Don't be out there making it look like you're healthy enough to play and then not show up or even talk to the media about your progress. If he's not 100% yet then continue to rehab and stop giving people false hope. Does he really need to be dunking if his back isn't strong enough to play??? Seems kind of stupid to me. That's how his charmin ass got hurt last year during the playoffs.

KingCharles34

All Star
STAT can't wait until the playoffs to come back. It will be difficult to work him into the rotation while simultaneously trying to survive the 1st round.

Also, I hate seeing him practice before the games and dunking. I feel like if you can play then play. Don't be out there making it look like you're healthy enough to play and then not show up or even talk to the media about your progress. If he's not 100% yet then continue to rehab and stop giving people false hope. Does he really need to be dunking if his back isn't strong enough to play??? Seems kind of stupid to me. That's how his charmin ass got hurt last year during the playoffs.

Perfect post right here, Id like to see him at least get garbage minutes right now. Give him 15 minutes a game, whatever it takes. The sooner we get him out there the sooner he can start finding his rhythm.

KingCharles34

All Star
OK i just got word from my sources that Amare is eyeing next Wednesday. At that point we will have 5 games left

April 18..VS NETS
April 20..VS CAVS
April 22..VS HAWKS
April 25..VS CLIPPERS
April 26..VS BOBCATS

April 28..PLAYOFFS BEGIN

Is that enough time for Amare? Based off of what I saw earlier in the season, NO. But its worth a shot, get him in there and see how he does. Maybe they could use him as a role player in the playoffs