Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Breen as an Announcer

I always thought Breen was pretty fair maybe since some of you are die hard Knicks fans you might notice the criticism against the Knicks a little more, but to me he praises both teams when the play well and criticizes both when they play bad.

Even though he's not an announcer Jon Barry seems to hate the Knicks he disrespects them everytime he gets a chance.

the only thing I like about Breen is when a clutch shot is hit and he goes "BANNNNNNGGGGGG" but he ****s on us too much, Clyde isn't a homer where everything we do is right BUT he gives us constructive criticism, he gives other teams credit but he doesn't suck their dicks like Breen does

Why did Gus Johnson leave? He was by far the most exciting announcer MSG has had..

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    I always thought Breen was pretty fair maybe since some of you are die hard Knicks fans you might notice the criticism against the Knicks a little more, but to me he praises both teams when the play well and criticizes both when they play bad.

Even though he's not an announcer Jon Barry seems to hate the Knicks he disrespects them everytime he gets a chance.
    Jon Barry was drafted #21 overall in the 1992 draft by the Boston Celtics

The Knicks picked #20 and chose...guess who.......Hubert Davis.......both similar players but the Knicks took Davis

Jon Barry and Hubert Davis both work for ESPN, Hubert Davis makes fun of him the cafeteria for not being a top 20 pick in the draft and being way worse than his father and brother for that matter

Hubert Davis shames Jon Barry and Barry hates the Knicks for making him a not top 20 draft pick and the shame of all former ball players who work for ESPN as he is the only not top 20 picks

Jay Williams, Jalen Rose, Kiki Vandweghe.......just to name a few

Breen's okay, you simply don't know what a relief it is to hear him commentating after watching a road game when local announcers are jerking off under the table and screaming. That's why I have nothing against Breen who's usually neutral and calm, all those local retards yelling and going nuts have always been pissing me off...

My dream duo -

Marv Albert, Clyde and/or J Van Gundy.

F*CK Breen.

Superstar

Default Breen

I think Breen is a diehard Knicks fan and that Clyde was his favorite all time player. My guess is that when he does national TV games, he tries too hard to avoid being a "homer."

I see the games via League Pass. This year almost all of the Knicks games are are broadcast via the other team's feed. Trust me, Clyde and Breen are much better than the average.

Definitely not a Breen fan! You can go through my posts for proof.

-I hate the way he constantly decides whats a good or bad shot.

-For some reason he feels JR has a horrible handle but at the same time never mentions Lin's mediocre handle.

-He use to kill Melo and constantly bring up his shooting pct when the guy was just trying to find his rhythym.

-He always says someone is the nicest guy in the league (when he clearly doesn't know them)

-He sits there and patronizes guys for arguing calls in the heat of the moment (It's intense out there you idot! You're sitting in a comfy chair just watching)

-Whenever Clyde thinks we should have the ball, Breen always comes up for a reason we shouldn't. "I don't know Clyde, it looks like (KNICKS PLAYER) touched it last"

-He bitched and moaned about Melo (A veteran All-Star) taking shots but kept mostly quiet whenever Lin decided to force things.

-Guys will drive to the basket trying to draw a foul and he'll decide that its a bad shot not even understanding what the player was trying to accomplish.

F*** Breen!

I haven't watched many games that this guy announced but his personal opinions about a player should not pass in his commentary especially when you clearly dislike the player.

We got it,you don't like Smith or Davis but i don't have to hear it in every play.Yesterday Smith was fouled and he was ****ting on him for losing the rebound.Even when he started scoring he was being sarcastic.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Definitely not a Breen fan! You can go through my posts for proof.

-I hate the way he constantly decides whats a good or bad shot.

-For some reason he feels JR has a horrible handle but at the same time never mentions Lin's mediocre handle.

-He use to kill Melo and constantly bring up his shooting pct when the guy was just trying to find his rhythym.

-He always says someone is the nicest guy in the league (when he clearly doesn't know them)

-He sits there and patronizes guys for arguing calls in the heat of the moment (It's intense out there you idot! You're sitting in a comfy chair just watching)

-Whenever Clyde thinks we should have the ball, Breen always comes up for a reason we shouldn't. "I don't know Clyde, it looks like (KNICKS PLAYER) touched it last"

-He bitched and moaned about Melo (A veteran All-Star) taking shots but kept mostly quiet whenever Lin decided to force things.

-Guys will drive to the basket trying to draw a foul and he'll decide that its a bad shot not even understanding what the player was trying to accomplish.

F*** Breen!

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Id rather Kevin Harlan commentate. Maybe because I love 2k heaps lol

12th man

12th man

Originally Posted by masri01
    Id rather Kevin Harlan commentate. Maybe because I love 2k heaps lol
    Something tells me Kevin Harlan has a job because he sounds like Marv Albert.

metrocard I love your profile pic. it looks really natural doesn't it??? like, I could see that exact Lin picture on the cover. pretty ****in sweet. And the 2k series doesn't have have a curse like Madden!!! Yes!!

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Something tells me Kevin Harlan has a job because he sounds like Marv Albert.
    You're probably right.

Breen is OK. He's not a homer, he tries to be unbiased. In terms of announcing quality though, he's way better than a lot of the local announcers that other teams have...WAY better.