Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mike Breen as an Announcer

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I feel he's overrated.

Anthony just hit a BIG SHOT, and he announces his 3pt shot with anger and shock.

Ellis does a cross over "OH WOW PRETTY CROSSOVER BY ELLIS" and Jennings hits a 3....and he orgasms...

Its not balanced announcing, especially when you're trying to focus on the game, Breen ruins every moment.

Whenever Knicks are on ESPN or ABC, I always tune in as long Breen isn't announcing.

The official F*ck Breen movement has to begin.
    LOL my father always says he can't stand Breen and that he is overrated.

ESPN is only good when Hubie Brown is announcing.

Spero Dedes, Clyde, Kenny Albert are all good announcers.

Default Breen-g it!

IDK. i hear what you're saying about Breen, and at times he IS annoying, but he is an excellent broadcaster and a huge Knick fan. he plays humble to Clyde and is always keeping him in the conversation, asking his opinion, about his days as a Knick, and always defers to him as one of the greatest Knicks and best basketball players of all time. such a rapport is hard to come by in sports, so I'll savor what we've got instead of nit-picking.

been digging the new guy Sperodedes, and his rapport with Clyde and Bernie King.
    looking forward to THE KNICKS ON FRIDAY NIGHT, MSG IS THE PLACE TO BE!!!
    Last edited by CoolClyde; Apr 13, 2012 at 12:48.

My dream announcer team would be Marv Albert, Clyde and Jeff Van Gundy together...

I can't stand Breen! He acts as if he's never played competitive sports before. He criticizes players for getting upset when they get angry or get into heated exchanges with other players. He's always playing arm chair coach after the fact as well too. Drives me nuts & for once I was agreeing with JVG when we played the Bulls last Sunday putting Breen in his place about Melo taking "bad shots". They really need to replace that clown.

Yeah I think most of us international viewers who have to watch the opposing teams feeds pretty often are a lot easier on Breen, he's 10x better than most of the other commentators in the NBA.

I get why people don't appreciate some of his comments but I think he's just been a frustrated Knicks fan especially this year.

Are we really complaining about Breen? People there is a reason why he does the Finals and the majority of games on ESPN. He is a very good commentator, better than 90% of the crap that is out there, have you ever heard the Spurs announcers.....dear god.

Originally Posted by Deathstroke
    Are we really complaining about Breen? People there is a reason why he does the Finals and the majority of games on ESPN. He is a very good commentator, better than 90% of the crap that is out there, have you ever heard the Spurs announcers.....dear god.
    Mark Jackson was commentating the Finals so not the best example.

Yeah, it's true. Breen's pretty good when you compare him to others, I didn't know how much difference commentary can affect game interest until I watched a few west coast games and couldn't stand the boring commentators. Knicks televised games have excellent commentators.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

You're not thinking for yourself. The media forces Breen into our minds over and over. Just because he's on a lot doesn't make him good.

Try to see it beyond that.

Jon Barry quote- "I give them a lot of credit, you know I always bash the Knicks".........lmao he just admitted it

Originally Posted by metrocard
    You're not thinking for yourself. The media forces Breen into our minds over and over. Just because he's on a lot doesn't make him good.

Try to see it beyond that.
    Put it this way MSG launched in 69 and there have only been 2 main announcers since then, Marv and Breen, the Knicks don't just give that job to anyone, they pride themselves on having the best announce crew in the NBA if you hadn't noticed which we do have(at least in my opinion).

Yea if you listen to other commentators even my Lakers commentators Breen is actually one of the best, he's just really unbiased because he's trying to be professional so he criticizes the Knicks.

But if you listen to Utah, Boston, Chicago, or SA announcers compared to them he's pretty good.

Veteran

tbh, I never really paid much attention to him until D'antonio stepped down. During our first game without D'ant... Mike Breen was all over his sack, praising him for his friendship and ****. All the while a freaking game is playing. He tried in so many ways to make Melo look like the bad guy. It was funny because everytime he wanted to say something bad about Melo...Melo would do something thrilling...all the while this mofo mike breen was still trying to find ways to bash Melo. It was the first time I've ever really acknowledge the guy...and it was only because of the way he was sucking D'ant off. Other than that...the guy is dull and often asks his broadcasting partner to explain certain espects of the game, smh...