Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stephon Marbury: Our Savior?

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    My Goodness...aside from the circumstances (A Marbury thread), its great to see u back here Getreal. I was wondering what happened to u, i even made a thread asking if anyone knew your where abouts. I will ignore your post and welcome you back sir, at least we have a better team then we did the last time one of us replied to the others post
    Oh i've been lurking, but i haven't been posting. I've been keeping my eye on you, Metro, and the extremly controversial Kiya.

There was no greater thread then a Marbury thread to make my return though.... But this should be a quick thread because it has about 1 percent chance of happening.

I disagree about Baron not moving well. To me he's not focused on passing the ball as much as his first few games, kind of like J.R. didn't move the ball enough the past two games, except J.R.'s specialty on offense is scoring. Baron also might need more rest.

Bibby actually does move well, but for some reason for the most part last season and this season he's done very little which is weird.

I'd love Marbury back this season. His work ethic and condition seems amazing and exceptional for a basketball player at 35. Just imagine him winning the Chinese Basketball Association title and the NBA title with the Knicks in a matter of a few months.

We should also sign Allen Iverson who is always in great shape and durable.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    Simple Put.... Absolutely Not
    I knew this thread would bring you out of Lurk mode!

How old is Marbury now? 96?

Given the fact that his game relied on athleticism so much, he might be just another has-been like Baron Davis. You can't judge from games in China. J.R. Smith looked like Michael Jordan over there and can't hit a barn door over here and that's not even with Playoff defense on him.

Marbury was cool in 03. It's 2K12 now - get over it folks.

Superstar

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I disagree about Baron not moving well. To me he's not focused on passing the ball as much as his first few games, kind of like J.R. didn't move the ball enough the past two games, except J.R.'s specialty on offense is scoring. Baron also might need more rest.

Bibby actually does move well, but for some reason for the most part last season and this season he's done very little which is weird.

I'd love Marbury back this season. His work ethic and condition seems amazing and exceptional for a basketball player at 35. Just imagine him winning the Chinese Basketball Association title and the NBA title with the Knicks in a matter of a few months.

We should also sign Allen Iverson who is always in great shape and durable.
    Wow... just wow.... I'm amazed by the number of people still caught up in the glory days of Iverson and Marbury..... Consider that both can't get a job anywhere else in the NBA and that both are wayyyy past their prime..... throw in their toxic locker room rep and you've got a worthless gamble.

Best case scenario... you might get a few good games out of them....., but at this point, its better to think towards the future and try to develop a young PG. Hell even Douglas would be worth 10 times either of those two.

Oh yeah.... if any one of you really thinks dominating in China counts for anything.... you are seriously delusional. Maybe if he could dominate in Euroball that would be something.

I do agree with you about Baron and Bibby though.