Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920 LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 299

Thread: Miami Heat vs New York Knicks- April 15, ABC 1PM EST.

  1. #256
    Member knicksgreece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Thessaloniki,Greece
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    I always praise Woody BUT he managed the 2nd half badly
    He has real problem with the rotation.Forgets players that were good early in the game on the bench,keeps player that play poorly for too long.

    He made the team 100% better but he needs to fix it.

  2. #257
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksgreece
    He has real problem with the rotation.Forgets players that were good early in the game on the bench,keeps player that play poorly for too long.

    He made the team 100% better but he needs to fix it.
    taking out Shumpert early in the 4th, forcing the ball to Novak and putting Melo at Center were all questionable decisions in my eyes

  3. #258
    Member shemmue0311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    reasons we lost this game : rebounding, missed F/T, REFS, FIELDS.......

  4. #259
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,777
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    FIELDS F*CKING SUCKS!
    Why does he even get minutes, bring back Shumpert.

    Fields & Shump should be in the lineup together in the 4th-qtr. (with no JR in the lineup). Fields & Shump are better finishers than starters, the two provides "STOPS" with Tyson as their backup....DEFENSE wins in the 4th quarter.

    JR Smith does not belong in a FINISHER lineup....when Shump runs a fastbreak JR is always in back of Shump, Fields always run in front of Shump on the fastbreak to take a defender off of Shump.

    Woody's 4th quarter finisher-lineup of Tyson, Melo, JR, Shump, and Davis or Novak has to many liabilities vs .500 teams.

  5. #260
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Fields & Shump should be in the lineup together in the 4th-qtr. (with no JR in the lineup). Fields & Shump are better finishers than starters, the two provides "STOPS" with Tyson as their backup....DEFENSE wins in the 4th quarter.

    JR Smith does not belong in a FINISHER lineup....when Shump runs a fastbreak JR is always in back of Shump, Fields always run in front of Shump on the fastbreak to take a defender off of Shump.

    Woody's 4th quarter finisher-lineup of Tyson, Melo, JR, Shump, and Davis or Novak has to many liabilities vs .500 teams.
    NO Fields is a better started than finisher, JR is a better finisher than starter

    our finishing line up should

    Shumpert
    Smith
    Novak/Fields/Jeffries/Davis(depending on match ups)
    Anthony
    Chandler

  6. #261
    Member knicksgreece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Thessaloniki,Greece
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    You need a guy other than Carmelo to shoot the ball and Fields cant do it.Smith can shoot and create his own offense.It's not like we 're gonna have only fastbreaks.
    As a defender Fields is better but i see JR trying hard in the last games.

  7. #262
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,777
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    I always praise Woody BUT he managed the 2nd half badly

    Woody does the same 2nd half substitution-routine game after game after game....to much of Damnphoney foolishness in Woody.

    Woody's preperation for a Knicks playoff run is not lookin good....
    Woody has not been puttin time into developen Harrellson to be our strong defensive-rebounder to end the 3rd qtr. and start the 4th qtr. in a lineup with JR & Novak....Woody has not been developin our key players (Shump/Fields/Novak/Melo/Tyson) in a lineup to defend the 4th qtr..
    These 7 players have to develope-chemistry so the return of Stat & Lin fits in perfect.
    JR Smith has never been a key player on any NBA team....he's just a scorer to stop double-teams on Melo & AI....if u recall.

  8. #263
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    NO Fields is a better started than finisher, JR is a better finisher than starter

    our finishing line up should

    Shumpert
    Smith
    Novak/Fields/Jeffries/Davis(depending on match ups)
    Anthony
    Chandler
    I agree.

    The perimeter defense of Shumpert/Smith is too much to handle for NBA teams and the fact you have Chandler in the middle makes it really hard for teams to score.

  9. #264
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,944
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    MELO making my bill investment in his swingman jersey look good, but he can't do it all. Another 40 in a losing effort reminds me of last years playoffs. Gotta find more scoring from somewhere. Poor BD looks terrible out there and now Novak has caught brickitis from JR. BS call on Shump changed the game to me but still not closing quarters and games Heat close on an 18-6 run. Classic game thread lmao hope everything is ok

  10. #265
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The fact is...the Heat team with James, Wade, and Bosh, is better than our Knicks team without Lin and Stat.

    I like that we had a chance to win up to the last minutes of the game. It would have been amazing if Woody orchestrated a win today, but it's understandable that we lost. If Shump, JR, or Novak had a really good game, we could have won. If Lin or Stat were playing, we should have won.

  11. #266
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by shemmue0311
    reasons we lost this game : rebounding, missed F/T, REFS, FIELDS.......
    Mostly the last two... Fields and Refs. Fields is god awful and needs to be benched in the second half. I swear the guy doesn't know how to pump fake. Him getting swatted today basically killed any momemtum we had and it also took Melo's confidence in his teammates away. From that swat on MELO was trying to do everything by himself.

    The refs sucked in the second half as well but I blame this loss on Fields... Dude is terrible.

  12. #267
    Member Newbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    263
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Okay, I admit I "could" be wrong, but watching the end of this game
    my thought was that the Knicks could have won the darn thing!!

    I also thought that there were a few shots where Novak was all
    alone and available to make a 3-pointer, but he was completely
    ignored.

    My other thought was though Melo has been doing wonderfully,
    he hogged the last few shots!!

    Am I wrong?

  13. #268
    Member tripleaamin9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    If anyone criticize Melo please leave this thread.

  14. #269
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    I agree.

    The perimeter defense of Shumpert/Smith is too much to handle for NBA teams and the fact you have Chandler in the middle makes it really hard for teams to score.
    JR has to play defense then without the lapse's....That means boxing out....The guy sometimes just forgets or doesnt switch......He made a few points way too easy for Miami today.......

    Shump needs how to run a fast break.....but that will come...

    Landry looked petrified out there....but he play great defense....

  15. #270
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    oh yeah the refs killed us all game, that flop took away Novak's 3 and ruined our momentum, 1 play can change the course of a game
    How about the foul on Jeffries against Lebron...gave them 2 points...

    OR THE fin 3 seconds...call...WTF

Similar Threads

  1. Tyson Chandler & the Knicks Improved Defense
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Feb 28, 2012, 12:05
  2. the PO
    By 6thman in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Jan 25, 2012, 20:10
  3. Knicks will Keep Billups. Option picked up.
    By Blumatic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: Apr 29, 2011, 13:23
  4. Knicks @ Celtics 23/02/10
    By smokes in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2010, 09:39
  5. Philadelphia 76ers vs New York Knicks Game Thread 1/25
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: Jan 27, 2008, 15:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •