View Poll Results: Fields or Walker

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Landy Fields

    9 47.37%
  • Bill Walker

    10 52.63%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Bill Walker or Landry Fields - Who should be getting the minutes?

  1. #1
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,015
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Bill Walker or Landry Fields - Who should be getting the minutes?

    After today's game I think Walker should definitely be getting Fields' minutes, most of them anyway. We know Landry has a high IQ, and I like to think he's much better than he is, which is likely, but I'd definitely play Walker now. Sure it'd be great to have the IQ on the court, but how many great coaches were great players? Walker is young too, so picking Fields for development isn't a great argument to me.

    I also wouldn't mind Bibby getting more minutes. Is his shots falling like they used to? Far from it, but he doesn't make a lot of bad decisions.

  2. #2
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Fields should get minimal minutes.
    Now I use the word should not in a negative way but the positive meaning he can help us.
    But the more he's out the more we f*ckin suck.
    Atleast Bill Walker can shoot..I guess.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,015
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Fields should get minimal minutes.
    Now I use the word should not in a negative way but the positive meaning he can help us.
    But the more he's out the more we f*ckin suck.
    Atleast Bill Walker can shoot..I guess.
    Hopefully we wouldn't get the "three ball shooter" Walker. It's great when he's on, but I much prefer him mixing it up. Like J.R., too much talent to just be taking threes. Walker also can rebound so that won't be missed if Fields doesn't play much.

  4. #4
    Member tripleaamin9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Fields because Walker is only good for 1 every 5 games.

  5. #5
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Thats about 2 more than Fields.

  6. #6
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    799
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    As much as I don't like Fields he's definitely more consistent than Walker. Plus Walker looks like he gained about 20 pounds while he was out, I couldn't believe when I saw him in the Wizards game looking like Oliver Miller

  7. #7
    Member tripleaamin9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Also Walker is too similar to J.R. Smith. So you are kinda putting the same player on the court. I mean Fields is playing really bad this year, but he can't be much worse.

  8. #8
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Tony Allen

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Fields is defering again so I want to see what Walker can do. For some strange reason Fields has a problem playing along side Melo...he's better (offensively) when melo is resting on the pine. Walker however, is a more aggressive player, barring injury...I think he can excel in Woody's rotation.

    How and when to implement Walker over Landry naturally depends on the team they're facing and the current flow of the game. They both have their talents and with the right subbing...they'll both prove to be valuable in their own ways.

  10. #10
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    Fields is defering again so I want to see what Walker can do. For some strange reason Fields has a problem playing along side Melo...he's better (offensively) when melo is resting on the pine. Walker however, is a more aggressive player, barring injury...I think he can excel in Woody's rotation.

    How and when to implement Walker over Landry naturally depends on the team they're facing and the current flow of the game. They both have their talents and with the right subbing...they'll both prove to be valuable in their own ways.
    Best answer.

  11. #11
    Member Number3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    right across the river...Jersey
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    jerome jordan should see minutes!!! imagine how good he could have been right now if we used him from the start... hes the tallest one we have

  12. #12
    Member 21 Shump Street's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Walker, he is more consistent with knocking down shots. Fields is consistently inconsistent, i cringe every time he attempts a 3.

  13. #13
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Fields needs to get benched...bring back Walker

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    After today's game I think Walker should definitely be getting Fields' minutes, most of them anyway. We know Landry has a high IQ, and I like to think he's much better than he is, which is likely, but I'd definitely play Walker now. Sure it'd be great to have the IQ on the court, but how many great coaches were great players? Walker is young too, so picking Fields for development isn't a great argument to me.

    I also wouldn't mind Bibby getting more minutes. Is his shots falling like they used to? Far from it, but he doesn't make a lot of bad decisions.
    Shame on anyone that voted for Landry Fields. Fields has been terrible for most of this season. He is not an impact player like he was when he first jumped on the scene at the start of the season last year. He completely lost his outside shot. People forget he shot 39% from downtown last year and he is around 25% or something like that this year. When he shoots I have the same feelings when I see Jeffries shoot from outside of the post, with my mouth open yelling "what are you doing!??"

    Walker has the ability to score 20 points easy with his abaility to shoot threes and dunk on people with ferocity.

    Lets compare the players.

    Fields is a decent slasher and is only really effective in the fast break or cutting back door. His shot is awful and he does not finish well around the rim anymore. His free throw shooting is the worst on the entire team, I think he is under 60% this year. This guy was a Shooting Guard and yet he cant make a three or a free throw to save his life. His defense is spotty because at times he is good and at times he is terrible leaving outside shooters wide open and always gets screened.

    Now Bill Walker...always had the upside but has been stunted by injuries and lack of self discipline. Walker's main struggle is defense because he just simply fouls too much and it gets frustrating seeing him play defense like an angry little kid.

    Walker is a much better offensive player than Fields. Walker can hit the open three and can even get red hot and score lights out which he did once again Miami this year. Walker is an insane dunker, better than Fields IMO. Fields can get up but Walker can get up and throw it down and scare you. I love his highlights. Walker is also underrated at driving to the hoop. He does not drive often but when he does, like Shumpert, he can bully his way in and get off good shots.

    Walker can rebound very well, which tells me that if he can rebound, then Fields becomes usueless since the only strong skill Fields has is rebounding and Walker is good as well.

    Walker needs to get minutes, NOW. I am tired of Fields losing confidence in his shot. When will this guy ever have confidence?

    I honestly believe we should not bring Fields back. The guy can't score, plain and simple. He locked his shot and threw away the key.

    Walker can score and he is a pure SG! Fields is a forward!

    Fields causes our offense to be stagnant.

    What does Fields do constantly? He gets the ball, fakes a pass and just passes back or to someone at the three point line....OR he tries to get fancy and tries alley oop passes which fail most of the time.

    He is so over rated, and once Amare gets back the starting lineup should not include Fields or I will be pissed at Woodson.

    Davis
    Shumpert
    Melo
    Amare
    Chandler

  14. #14
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by tripleaamin9
    Also Walker is too similar to J.R. Smith. So you are kinda putting the same player on the court. I mean Fields is playing really bad this year, but he can't be much worse.
    Do you forget how he played against Boston last year in the playoffs?

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Fields is not great, but he at least grabs rebounds.

Similar Threads

  1. Where's the love for Bill Walker?
    By ducktales17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: May 06, 2011, 07:42
  2. Diminished Playoff Role Frustrates Fields
    By goldenchild1688 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Apr 23, 2011, 15:43
  3. NBA 2k11 : Landry Fields
    By Knicks4Life_1985 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Dec 06, 2010, 16:23
  4. Replies: 21
    Last Post: Dec 03, 2010, 00:46
  5. Walker vs Chandler
    By nyk_nyk in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: Mar 12, 2010, 06:58

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •