Philly vs Orlando tonight

miked1958

Rotation player
Who do we root for? Philly because we are fighting to try and catch the Magic for that 6th place in playoff standings so we do not have to face Miami or Bulls in round 1. We would then get Indiana who we totally owned in back to back games earlier in season. However there is a chance we wind up drawing boston. that would be a worse then the bulls IMO.

Or do we cheer for Orlando to beat the sixers so we can just secure the 7th seed??

I think Howard is out for the season. Atm, all signs say he's in Brooklyn with Dwill next year... or they both will go to Dallas.

I think Philly will win this game thou...Orlando Magic's coach is losing his players respect...so much so...the Bucks might even take their playoff spot from them. I see us playing Miami or Chicago, we can't seem to shake the 7th and 8th seed away.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I think Howard is out for the season. Atm, all signs say he's in Brooklyn with Dwill next year... or they both will go to Dallas.

I think Philly will win this game thou...Orlando Magic's coach is losing his players respect...so much so...the Bucks might even take their playoff spot from them. I see us playing Miami or Chicago, we can't seem to shake the 7th and 8th seed away.

how can he be in Brooklyn next year when he opted in to the final year of his contract already anyway

we root for Philly only because we own the tiebreaker vs them, they'd only have a 1 game advantage so we'd just have to finish with a tie and we're ahead of them, Orlando already beat Cleveland so we need them to start losing

If we all finish tied, we get the tie-breaker over them so we gotta get Orlando closer to us, meaning we need Philly to win tonight

Seba

Benchwarmer

Lol Orlando already clinched a place in the playoffs

KingCharles34

All Star
how can he be in Brooklyn next year when he opted in to the final year of his contract already anyway

we root for Philly only because we own the tiebreaker vs them, they'd only have a 1 game advantage so we'd just have to finish with a tie and we're ahead of them, Orlando already beat Cleveland so we need them to start losing

If we all finish tied, we get the tie-breaker over them so we gotta get Orlando closer to us, meaning we need Philly to win tonight

This means he'll basically have the same situation going on next year. I think Orlando shoulda just traded him and avoided the media circus. It was a mistake to not move on, and I think people will lose even more respect for Dwight. Im with Stan Van Gundy on this one, hes at least honest (and original)

tiger0330

Legend
Ryan Anderson beasted with 16 boards on top of his 26 points. No way we catch Orlando, Chicago or Miami take your pick.

CA7

Scoring Champ
This means he'll basically have the same situation going on next year. I think Orlando shoulda just traded him and avoided the media circus. It was a mistake to not move on, and I think people will lose even more respect for Dwight. Im with Stan Van Gundy on this one, hes at least honest (and original)

hell yeah, they kept him for all the wrong reasons, they didn't make 1 move and then SVG made that idiotic comment to the press which made the situation worst

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Bulls

Ryan Anderson beasted with 16 boards on top of his 26 points. No way we catch Orlando, Chicago or Miami take your pick.

How's the irony in Orlando with Howard out? SVG throwin' high 5s at the end of the game. Horrible.

It is absolutely going to be either Miami or Chicago in the 1st round. Against either squad we have advantages/disadvantages depending where you look, but I only see us beating one of the two.

If, by some unforeseen stroke of fortune we were to take one of them down, I'd be more confident in saying it were Chicago. I believe that they're running out of stamina, and that their loss against Washington in their last game indicated that to me even further. They've been fighting hard all year, and I think that we are what's keeping them up at night as they set their sights on the postseason, and nurse niggling but ever constant injuries.

They've done what they've done all year, and as their steam lessens in resolve and Rose fades more so from familiarity within his role and how it effects others as a group, I think we have far more of a chance to take them out at the right time. It'd be circumstantial, and would rely on at least 1 win out of the 1st 2 away games, but it seems far more likely than defeating the Heat, who, as they showed at MSG in our last game, have the necessary chemistry and M.O to take us down. The combination of Wade and James is too much for this team, who would be relying mostly on Carmelo and a rookie to take down 2 of the game's top 5~10 players defensively.

In saying that, I do believe that without both Lin and a completely focused and revitalized Amar'e, we can't handle the Bulls' front-court and back-court depth. Some might say that's Miami's weakness, but Wade and James in addition to Miami's defense not only make up for that glaring weakness, but separate us entirely with their overall versatility, experience and game plan.

Bulls for me, but that's a pick of 2 potent poisons.

41593_115605011792910_5462_n.jpg

As for right now, here's an article eluding to the fact that we still are far from a dead cert to make the postseason.

The mathematics behind the race for the eighth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference are starting to become clear.

The Milwaukee Bucks are two games behind the eighth-place New York Knicks overall, but Milwaukee is only one game back of New York in the loss column of the Eastern Conference records of the two clubs. This is the second and possibly decisive tiebreaker since the teams have split their season series 2-2.

lrg_Los_Angeles_Clippers59.gif

For either team, the only Western Conference opponent remaining is the Los Angeles Clippers, who play at Madison Square Garden on April 25 in the second-to-last game on New York's schedule.

Therefore, if the Bucks were to gain exactly two games on the Knicks overall through the end of the regular season -- meaning both teams finish with the exact same record -- the only way that the Bucks will not win the the second tiebreaker against the Knicks is if one of the Knicks' losses is to the Clippers. Any other defeat of New York would be at the hands of an Eastern Conference club and give Milwaukee the superior conference record.

If the Bucks and Knicks were to finish with the exact same Eastern Conference records, New York has already clinched ownership of the third tiebreaker against Milwaukee (record versus playoff-eligible teams in the conference).

Meanwhile, the Knicks are only one game behind the Philadelphia 76ers who sit in seventh place, and New York owns the 2-1 season series tiebreaker. The Bucks are three games behind the Sixers, with their season series tied 1-1 and a head-to-head game looming in Milwaukee on April 25.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...gure_In_Knicks_Bucks_Tiebreaker#ixzz1sJ3wT5K9