Has Andrew Bynum surpassed Dwight Howard?

Who u Got?

• D12

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Drew Bynumite

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingCharles34

All Star
Who's the best center in the NBA?

I think its extremely close at this point, im starting to side with Bynum. All around Dwights still the better player statistically but Drew's the more skilled offensive player.

I just wanna see some of your arguments before I vote

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Yeah, I think Bynum is superior to Howard, offensively. Andrew has never had a full season with the Lakers (except this year) and yet he's shown signs of being a better post up player than Dwight who has virtually missed no games for his career.

Bynum also seems to be as much a good rebounder Howard is at times, consistency is the key.

But Defensively, Howard > Bynum all day.

Paul1355

All Star

I think its extremely close at this point, im starting to side with Bynum. All around Dwights still the better player statistically but Drew's the more skilled offensive player.

Both are immature babies that can crush anyone with their bare hand. Bynum gets hurt too much. Bynum has games where he does absolutely nothing, very inconsistent. Dwight has never had Kobe or Gasol on his team.

Dwight anyday.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player

121011chandler.jpg

To be honest, I would take Tyson over dwight or bynum. one is a primadonna the other an immature prick..

KingCharles34

All Star
I agree that the both dont have the best attitudes but dwights is worse in my opinion. At least Bynum will be upfront and let u know what hes thinking, Id pick the more honest attitude anyday of the week over Dwight Coward.

Tyson Chandler is my favorite center but honestly he doesnt belong in this discussion, Marc Gasol is better then him. Noah is too

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Bynum is closing the gap and I think he's a better offensively player but Dwight is still a lot better defensively and more consistent.

But barring any injuries Bynum's ceiling his higher than Dwights imo this is as good as Dwights gonna get while I can see Drew getting a lot better if he can stay healthy.

source24

Rookie
Give the kid some time to develop. He is only 24. But I do think that within a year or two, he will be the top center in the NBA.

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer

Howard isnt having one of his better years and Bynum played his best year in his career. Even with that, Bynum doesnt have the fear factor nor the athleticism as Howard.
Put aside the dramas by both players, Howard is still the best center in the league this year.
People forget how good the Magic were before the trading deadline. They were 28-16 or something and 4th or 5th best overall record before the bottom fell out of the team when they came playing at the MSG. Magic were never the same team after that. Five weeks of inconsistancy doesnt deminish the fact Howard is still a better center this year.
If you ask any NBA coach who lacks a true center to choose between Bynum and Howard and play for them next season, it's really a no brainer.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Channing Frye

When we picked Channing Frye, we could have had Bynum. Apparently Isiah made a promise to Frye. I did not want Frye and when Milwaukee was on the clock just before the Knicks, I thought they would take Frye. They -- I think it was Milwaukee -- picked Charlie Villanueva. Had Milwaukee picked Frye, I believe we would have taken Bynum.

KingCharles34

All Star
When we picked Channing Frye, we could have had Bynum. Apparently Isiah made a promise to Frye. I did not want Frye and when Milwaukee was on the clock just before the Knicks, I thought they would take Frye. They -- I think it was Milwaukee -- picked Charlie Villanueva. Had Milwaukee picked Frye, I believe we would have taken Bynum.

:suicide: :barf:

KingCharles34

All Star
Bynum has let me down. So far hes been unable to deal with the pressure of his higher expectations. McGee has looked like the better center

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Right now, Dwight Howard's better, but not by much.

I think it depends on what Bynum does in game 7 and in the series against the Thunder. If he can put up 20 points and 10 rebounds, then he'll definitely be better.

iSaYughh

Starter

He'd be in Denver.