Knicks vs Celtics: pre game thread

metrocard

Legend
Lets be real fam...

Novak >> Ray Shuttlesworth

Thats how its done and great job by Melo settin up his teammates

Nothing but the real truth stated again by my man MSGKnickz33

Melo has played like the best player in the NBA today, best performance of the year.

He has taken total leadership of this team...a complete transformation !

Did anyone see Melo sarcastically told Novak to chill out after he made the last 3 point shot?

So much chemistry, rhythm...Melo is finding satisfaction in seeing his teammates score the basket.

This is a Carmelo Anthony we paid for.

I'm very hyped!

miked1958

Rotation player

Melo has played like the best player in the NBA today, best performance of the year.

Did anyone see Melo sarcastically told Novak to chill out after he made the last 3 point shot?

So much chemistry, rhythm...Melo is finding satisfaction in seeing his teammates score the basket.

I'm very hyped!
Let's hope it doesn't screw up his game when he is moved back to small forward on Friday

CA7

Scoring Champ
Great game today the refs fukked us over but its all good we got the dub which is more important than anything

LeFlume

All Star
I love the smell of victory. Nothing else in the world smells like that..

smells+like+victory.jpg

CA7

Scoring Champ
Don't expect him to be wearing the O&B then. Lot of teams with the cap space are going to want to pay him more than that.

I doubt it maybe 500k more but all we gotta do is give him some cheap ass incentive to make up the difference. Novak is a specialty player, easy to stop but hard to stop when he's hot. You dont over pay for guys like Novak.

He's also comfortable in New York loves the city lives a regular lifestyle. His vets minimum is 1.8mil I think which is more than enough for him

knicksgreece

Benchwarmer
If Melo plays like that in the playoffs i'm not afraid of Chicago or Miami.Shoot,go at the rim,draw defense and pass at the right time,rebound.He did everything.

nyk_nyk

All Star
There WILL be a team that will offer Novak more than the vets min.

Unfortunately this is true. He has to REALLY wanna play here next season. I don't think he'll be offered the full mid level by anyone but he def can get more than the min.

TakMan

Rotation player

I'm very hyped!

Carmelo Robinson winning you over slowly yet steadily.

miked1958

Rotation player
Would have been nice if we beat Miami the other night. However. Better to beat em in playoffs. Kinda like gmen did to so many teams in their 07 and 11 playoff SB runs. They lost to GB big and Dallas twice and the Pats in 07 regular yr. then beat em all when it counted. They lost to GB and SF in 11 and beat em when it counted. Oh they did beat pats during yr and then beat em again for good measure in SB. Lol

CA7

Scoring Champ
you guys know whats funny its not even that Melo is at the 4 because he's still being defended by 3's its the spacing and structure, everyone is playing off of Melo and he's making the right decisions. STAT just has to pick his spots and get open and he'll be fine, if Chandler can get 20 playing off Melo so can STAT

STAT needs to rebound and defend at a high level and he'll get an easy 17-25 a night

p.s. Mike Bibby did a great job at point tonight really controlled the game for a long spurt

Baron get well soon

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
If Melo plays like that in the playoffs i'm not afraid of Chicago or Miami.Shoot,go at the rim,draw defense and pass at the right time,rebound.He did everything.

agreed, melo played like lebron today...and thats a good thing..posting up into defenders and kicking out for the open shot.