Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47

Thread: Remaining Schedule NY PHI MIL

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,811
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Remaining Schedule NY PHI MIL

    Only teams that matter. I doubt NY PHI MIL catch ORL. Schedule for the teams looks pretty balanced, MIL and NY face 3 teams playing over .500 and 3 teams under .500. PHI has the easier schedule but play 5/6 games on the road and a crucial game against MIL at MIL. MIL is outside looking in and if we take care of business we should get 7/8 seed. Only a massive choke would make us fall out of the playoffs.

    NY
    Tue, Apr 17 Boston Celtics vs Boston
    Wed, Apr 18 New Jersey Nets @ New Jersey
    Fri, Apr 20 Cleveland Cavaliers @ Cleveland
    Sun, Apr 22 Atlanta Hawks @ Atlanta
    Wed, Apr 25 Los Angeles Clippers vs LA Clippers
    Thu, Apr 26 Charlotte Bobcats @ Charlotte

    MIL
    Wed, Apr 18 Washington Wizards @ Washington
    Thu, Apr 19 Indiana Pacers @ Indiana
    Sat, Apr 21 New Jersey Nets vs New Jersey
    Mon, Apr 23 Toronto Raptors vs Toronto
    Wed, Apr 25 Philadelphia 76ers vs Philadelphia
    Thu, Apr 26 Boston Celtics @ Boston

    PHI
    Tue, Apr 17 Indiana Pacers vs Indiana
    Wed, Apr 18 Cleveland Cavaliers @ Cleveland
    Sat, Apr 21 Indiana Pacers @ Indiana
    Mon, Apr 23 New Jersey Nets @ New Jersey
    Wed, Apr 25 Milwaukee Bucks @ Milwaukee
    Thu, Apr 26 Detroit Pistons @ Detroit
    Last edited by tiger0330; Apr 17, 2012 at 14:15.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,678
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Only teams that matter. I doubt NY PHI MIL catch ORL. Schedule for the teams looks pretty balanced, MIL and NY face 3 teams playing over .500 and 3 teams under .500. PHI has the easier schedule but play 5/6 games on the road and a crucial game against MIL at MIL. MIL is outside looking in and if we take care of business we should get 7/8 seed. Only a massive choke would make us fall out of the playoffs.

    NY
    Tue, Apr 17 Boston Celtics vs Boston
    Wed, Apr 18 New Jersey Nets @ New Jersey
    Fri, Apr 20 Cleveland Cavaliers @ Cleveland
    Sun, Apr 22 Atlanta Hawks @ Atlanta
    Wed, Apr 25 Los Angeles Clippers vs LA Clippers
    Thu, Apr 26 Charlotte Bobcats @ Charlotte

    MIL
    Wed, Apr 18 Washington Wizards @ Washington
    Thu, Apr 19 Indiana Pacers @ Indiana
    Sat, Apr 21 New Jersey Nets vs New Jersey
    Mon, Apr 23 Toronto Raptors vs Toronto
    Wed, Apr 25 Philadelphia 76ers vs Philadelphia
    Thu, Apr 26 Boston Celtics @ Boston

    PHI
    Tue, Apr 17 Indiana Pacers vs Indiana
    Wed, Apr 18 Cleveland Cavaliers @ Cleveland
    Sat, Apr 21 Indiana Pacers @ Indiana
    Mon, Apr 23 New Jersey Nets @ New Jersey
    Wed, Apr 25 Milwaukee Bucks @ Milwaukee
    Thu, Apr 26 Detroit Pistons @ Detroit

    There is a shot for the Clipper game that it will have zero meaning for the Clippers....so maybe their starts sit....

    Need Philly to lose tonight.....the Bucks have an easy schedule....

  3. #3
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    632
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    There is a shot for the Clipper game that it will have zero meaning for the Clippers....so maybe their starts sit....

    Need Philly to lose tonight.....the Bucks have an easy schedule....
    Yes just noticed that we have the toughest games left of the three teams

  4. #4
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    632
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    However am I reading it correct that Philly ends their season with five road games in a row? That can't be right

  5. #5
    Nein, Mann! Weissenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,071
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by miked1958
    However am I reading it correct that Philly ends their season with five road games in a row? That can't be right
    Yes, you're reading it correct: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,811
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    PHI just lost at home. Not looking good for PHI, next 5 on the road and they have a 12-16 road record.

  7. #7
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    632
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Yes, you're reading it correct: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Wow. They very well may drop out of contention for playoffs and slip to 9th overall giving bucks last spot. That would be bad for philly fans considering they were in first place a good portion of the season and to miss playoffs entirely after that would be devastating. Lol

  8. #8
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    If the Bucks get in it will be because of Philly, not the Knicks. Im not worried about missing the playoffs now

  9. #9
    Member c0leworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    if knicks win all their games and celtics lose all of theirs, we take atlantic division, unlikely, but possible, they have a tough schedule (magic, hawks, heat, bucks)

    if Knicks win all their games, and magic win only 1/5 (cause you gotta assume theyll beat the bobcats) well take the tie, the rest of their games are against tough teams.


    that clippers win means a lot. lets do this

  10. #10
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Very proud of our lads for doing what was necessary:

    Taking 1 from the Bulls as the underdogs, and splitting the Heat and Celtic games.

    Undermanned, underestimated.

    Bring on the cHeat.

  11. #11
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Our next 2 games coming up are the Nets & Cavs, Is it safe to say were in the playoffs yet? its beginning to look that way

  12. #12
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    632
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    Our next 2 games coming up are the Nets & Cavs, Is it safe to say were in the playoffs yet? its beginning to look that way
    Well I would not count my chickens before they hatch. We have tended to play down to some of the lower tier teams all season. We have a GREAT game and beat a really good team like LA, Dallas, Orlando and Pacers (2x each) bulls or whoever.. then turnaround and give it right back by losing to teams like Raptors twice, Bobcats, Nets and Cavs.

    So we need to have a killer attitude and jump on these teams early in next two games and take away any thoughts they may have of upsetting us. If we jump out to a 20pt lead or so chances are they will both just give up and not try. The longer we leave them in the game the better their confidence gets.

  13. #13
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    632
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    So we now have a 2.5 lead over the bucks. Both teams SHOULD win tomorrow night.. Us over nets and them over wash.

    We then will be down to 4 games left with a 2.5 game lead. We could then clinch a playoff spot Friday if we win and they lose cause we hold tiebreaker over them as well.

  14. #14
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    632
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Yes, you're reading it correct: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Well also just noticed that we are almost as bad.. We play 4 of last 5 on the road as well. but they have a slightly easier schedule then we do. We both play nets and cavs. they have Pacers (2x) who are tough and Bucks who may well be playing for that 8th spot when they meet. Their other game is Detroit. we get tough draws in Clippers and Hawks... and finish with bobcats. say we both beat cavs,Nets and odd team bobcats/Detroit.. Then we still have the 1game lead as those 3cancel eachother out. then take 1of2 from pacers and beat bucks. We split with hawks and clippers.

    we would be 4-1.. they would be 5-1.. we win a tie??

    although i really think they drop a few they would normally win due to not being a strong road team. however it may be better for us to tank and come in 8th and face bulls. I think that is a more favorable matchup first round for us then the Heat.
    Last edited by miked1958; Apr 18, 2012 at 12:02.

  15. #15
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    It's gonna be tough. We needed a once-in-a-million trey bucket dropping night to beat Boston by 8 yesterday.

    You can't shoot like a maniac every game.

    Knicks are in trouble with this one-dimensional Melo-ball theyr'e running. The fumes will run out soon then we'll be running on empty.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: Mar 03, 2012, 20:25
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: Feb 27, 2012, 11:47
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Apr 01, 2011, 13:52
  4. Did anyone check out our remaining schedule?
    By bboycustom92 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Mar 08, 2011, 12:42
  5. NBA Schedule to be released tomorrow morning.
    By mista muuhardi in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Aug 02, 2007, 22:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •