Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remaining Schedule NY PHI MIL

Superstar

Well. We blew a huge OPP to gain a game on Orlando who lost to the Jazz last night. That leaves us still 3 games behind them with 3 to play.

Superstar

Also we can forget Miami catching the bulls. Bulls beat macs and heat lost to the wizards....

So it will shake out how it stands now at the 1 and 2 spots.

Superstar

Philly won last night so now we drop back into a tie with them.

We need to rest our players remainder of the season

Its Clear were going to be the 7th or 8th seed

Continue letting Amare get his groove back

Rest Baron

Rest Chandler

LET FIELDS HOIST UP AS MANY SHOTS AS POSSIBLE UNTIL THEY START GOING IN

Bulls just clinched the 1st playoff spot.

Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Apr 22, 2012 at 08:26.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    We need to rest our players remainder of the season

Its Clear were going to be the 7th or 8th seed

Continue letting Amare get his groove back

Rest Baron

Rest Chandler

LET FIELDS HOIST UP AS MANY SHOTS AS POSSIBLE UNTIL THEY START GOING IN

Bulls just clinched the 1st playoff spot.

Woodson said he does not believe in resting the players.......He is going to do everything he can to have Stat and Melo gel...........
    I hope he does not get Stbborn/Dantonio like with this project......I am sure Woodson knows if he gets the 2 stars to gel then he will get at least a 1 year contract extension for 5 million.....

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Woodson said he does not believe in resting the players.......He is going to do everything he can to have Stat and Melo gel...........
    I hope he does not get Stbborn/Dantonio like with this project......I am sure Woodson knows if he gets the 2 stars to gel then he will get at least a 1 year contract extension for 5 million.....
    Bonehead move by him not resting the starters IMO, it'a all good until someone just so happens to get injured. Just look at wade he broke his finger vs the wizards anything can happen at any given time. I understand wanting players to gel and stay hot, i just wouldn't risk anything our players are known for having nagging injuries

Veteran

Originally Posted by skisloper
    He still wants the 6th seed but if Orlando beats the Nugs today he might change his mind. Amare is going to play just to shake off the rust, he better start beasting like Melo otherwise it'll be a short playoff series no matter who we play.

Veteran

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    He still wants the 6th seed but if Orlando beats the Nugs today he might change his mind. Amare is going to play just to shake off the rust, he better start beasting like Melo otherwise it'll be a short playoff series no matter who we play.
    At this point he just rest out players......The other issue is him wanting Stat to gel with these guys before the playoffs...........Stats weakness on defense will kill us....Not complaining about Stat but the guy was out 28 days, Back issues so there is a safe bet he not 100%...why not just use him off the bench....we cannot afford to get off to a crap 1st quarter....

I really wanted that 6th seed, but its not gonna happen after the loss to cavs.
    Now i agree with most posters we should lose all remaining games to avoid Miami as i think there is no way we can beat them in a 7 game series. On the other hand we have a chance vs Chi. Not a good one but still a chance.
    I think Woodson should limit starters playing time but at the same time try to develop some chemistry with rusty Stat and force him to play some D. Did you guys notice when Woody pulled him out in the middle of the first quarter vs Cavs? And before he went to the bench he was telling him that that king of effort is not acceptable. I loved that.

Veteran

Originally Posted by groundpilot
    Did you guys notice when Woody pulled him out in the middle of the first quarter vs Cavs? And before he went to the bench he was telling him that that king of effort is not acceptable. I loved that.
    You know I said years ago in a post, that was the problem with D'Antoni. Some player would screw up and D'Antoni would pat the player on the back and tell him "You'll get it" or just let it slide.

I think I mentioned JVG as the total opposite, JVG would tell you "What the f**k are you doing" and sit your ass. Woody is somewhere in between but definitely a better motivator than Mike D.

Superstar

Originally Posted by miked1958
    Well. We blew a huge OPP to gain a game on Orlando who lost to the Jazz last night. That leaves us still 3 games behind them with 3 to play.
    This game vs the Cavs could become the defining moment of our season. That game could of put us a game behind the Magic now had we won. That would of given us the cushion we needed for them to beat bobcats and us poss losing to clippers. We then could of beat bobcats while they lost to the griz to take the 6th seed. That could I'd of got us to the 2nd round as we would of avoided bulls and miami.

Superstar

Now we have to win both and they have to lose both. Still possible but less likely. The door was open for us to walk through an we didn't cease the OPP.

We even could of seen Lin again this season had we avoided the top two teams in round one. We will see how it plays out

Superstar

Pacers playing a lot better of late but we would have a lot of confidence facing them. We they did beat us last time we played but we could draw from those back to back blowouts. If we go on to get eliminated in 5 or 6 games by bulls or Heat they can spend all of the off season thinking about the cleveland game.

Superstar

If that happens they can wonder what could of been. Who knows... Beat pacers in 6 or 7 gain some confidence and go into second round with chip on our shoulders and maybe Lin in backcourt and a ton of momentum. Could of snowballed like in 07 and 11 for gmen. Not saying there is no way we can win a long series with the top seeds. Just not as likely. In seven game series more times then not the better team wins

Superstar

Well Phillys win last night Clinched a playoff spot for them even though the Bucks also won. Bucks are now eliminated from playoff contention making their game with Philly meaningless. We on the other hand have to play a clippers team still with a chance to overtake the lakers for the 3rd seed. they stand 1/2 game out with a game against the Hawks tonight and us tomorrow night. Lakers only have 1 game left against kings. SO we will be playing with still a shot at 6th while clips play with shot at 3rd. We lose we drop to 8th cause i see philly ROLLING over the bucks. then the last game is a wash as we play bobcats and they play Detroit.