Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Bibby

Default Mike Bibby

He's gotten a lot of flak this season (not much hate or anything, didn't play enough to), people said he could barely move, etc., but out of all our PGs he probably makes the least mistakes. I hope he becomes the permanent back-up for the rest of the season. He handles the ball well, doesn't try to get fancy, has made some nice passes, doesn't take a lot of shots, and ya never know, his shot might come back. He's not slow, just hasn't had the shooting in a long time. Otherwise I feel confident when he's on the floor.

I like Mike Bibby. Hes better then Douglast

He also now beats out Bosh as the most unintentionally funniest player in the league after the jokes and him looking like Eminem in nyk_nyk's sig.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    He's gotten a lot of flak this season (not much hate or anything, didn't play enough to), people said he could barely move, etc., but out of all our PGs he probably makes the least mistakes. I hope he becomes the permanent back-up for the rest of the season. He handles the ball well, doesn't try to get fancy, has made some nice passes, doesn't take a lot of shots, and ya never know, his shot might come back. He's not slow, just hasn't had the shooting in a long time. Otherwise I feel confident when he's on the floor.

I gotta agree. He is no where near as mistake prone as BDiddy right now. Smart heady player. You could make an argument to start him.

BDiddy hasnt caught on that he cant make the plays that he did as a kid. His reaction time is off by a tick. He has to adjust and stop trying to make the great play every time he's on the court...

Mike Bibby proving zombies do exist.

I mean for a corpse, he was kinda alive tonight

Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street

He is not great. But then again, how many backup PG's at his age are? Let him contribute the way he can.

Superstar

Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street

LMAO, that's what i was thinking, iv'e been killing him this year, but tonight he looked ok, and he does take care of the ball well.I wouldn't start him though, but i wouldn't mind if he gets a little more PT.

Bibby is far from great at this stage, but with Baron Davis playing like horse**** (apart from that one fluke-game) we honestly need to talk about who our starting PG in the Playoffs should be.

I think Bibby fits the job better at this point. He seems to be more solid and makes less mistakes. He won't score, but I can live with that as long as he can do the things a PG is supposed to do. Davis on the other hand either turns the ball over, takes a stupid shot where he hits the front of the rim or makes a mistake on defense...

A shame about Lin, with him we could be pretty good right now.

I never understood why we didn't go for Iverson. He's still better than every healthy PG on our roster and we took the gamble on J.R. Smith character wise, so why not Iverson too?

I feel like PG is what's holding us back from winning a Playoff series this year.

Veteran

We're back to where we were at the beginning of the season, running the team w/o a PG. If D'Antoni were still running the team we would have a 5 game losing streak and blaming the injury to Stat and a washed up BD for it. Thank god for Woody.

bibby is good for 3 minutes of a game

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    bibby is good for 3 minutes of a game
    nah dont hate on bibby, i think he can still benefit the knicks for 12 - 18 mins a game, he does take care of the ball well and is still a good ball handeler, i feel like he is just a step slow on defense plus being small doesnt help, but he is more secure at PG than Toney D. So.... go bibby

Bibby is trusted by woodson to go out there, not turn the ball over, pass to the right player and set up a play in the half court. His shooting has dropped off significantly but could come back with some work, but we don't ask him to shoot much so it's probably best that he just plays his game like this.

Originally Posted by zshopa
    nah dont hate on bibby, i think he can still benefit the knicks for 12 - 18 mins a game, he does take care of the ball well and is still a good ball handeler, i feel like he is just a step slow on defense plus being small doesnt help, but he is more secure at PG than Toney D. So.... go bibby
    lol why is everything considered "Hating"nowadays, iv'e watched every single knicks game this season, Bibby has nothing left in the tank anyone can see that. I agree he is a decent ball handler but he's not making any brilliant plays out there, matter fact he can barely make it pass half court without struggling. Anyone can bring the ball pass half court and immediately pass it..if bibby is not hitting his shots he's pretty much useless.

Bibby steps on the court and slows the pace down and brings somewhat vet leadership thats about it, maybe he'll give you one or two three pointers within 5 games.

Bibby had a nice game vs Boston all of a sudden he's a nice backup PG lol just a few days ago some of you were screamin for Toney Douglas to get back out there.

I dont have anything against bibby at all, but if you dont got it anymore you just dont got it.

I rather be called a landry Fields hater than anything, I bash him just about every game with no hesitation =p
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Apr 18, 2012 at 13:51.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Bibby has been ok but he has games where he has done nothing and can not hit an open shot. What he did well last game was finding guys on the swing pass....I believe he had 6 assists and 5 rebounds...which is very good for a guy like Bibby off the bench. And he hit a 3.

If Bibby can just be more consistent with his 3 point shot, then most people would not mind playing him every game.

As long as he does very little to hurt us I'm ok with him. I don't expect anything other than him bringing the ball up and passing it off. Made shots and a few assists are bonuses to me.