Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Bibby

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Bibby has been ok but he has games where he has done nothing and can not hit an open shot. What he did well last game was finding guys on the swing pass....I believe he had 6 assists and 5 rebounds...which is very good for a guy like Bibby off the bench. And he hit a 3.

If Bibby can just be more consistent with his 3 point shot, then most people would not mind playing him every game.
    **** his 3. Ill take his spotty 3 right now over toney "I can't run an offense" douglas or Baron"I hope they blame these TO, on Injuries" Davis any day. Turnovers ech night are fn killing us and is why a team like miami will feast on us in the first round.

bibby doesn't penetrate to colapse any surrounding defense. he hangs too much outside. he might work for awhile with iso melo but, if you need a different look. he's useless.

so, i'll take baron and lin, anyday. baron only had 2 TO yesterday and 1 pf. it's not so much about his injury but, his bball conditioning/shape. i bet once he get his cardio to 90/100%, he's going to be a different player(also dropping some of that weight can reduce chances of joint injury. over the summer , not playoff times would be more a logical time to do it).
    gamewise, he just got to stop penetrating too deep and passing it. just look for his shot instead.

8 pts, 8 asts, 1 TO against the Nets, not bad at all.

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    lol why is everything considered "Hating"nowadays, iv'e watched every single knicks game this season, Bibby has nothing left in the tank anyone can see that. I agree he is a decent ball handler but he's not making any brilliant plays out there, matter fact he can barely make it pass half court without struggling. Anyone can bring the ball pass half court and immediately pass it..if bibby is not hitting his shots he's pretty much useless.

Bibby steps on the court and slows the pace down and brings somewhat vet leadership thats about it, maybe he'll give you one or two three pointers within 5 games.

Bibby had a nice game vs Boston all of a sudden he's a nice backup PG lol just a few days ago some of you were screamin for Toney Douglas to get back out there.

I dont have anything against bibby at all, but if you dont got it anymore you just dont got it.

I rather be called a landry Fields hater than anything, I bash him just about every game with no hesitation =p
    im pretty sure bibby's only 32. that aint that old. he's not as washed up as you think.

he does have a giant forehead tho.

Does anybody else actually think Bibby is the better choice as starting PG for the Playoffs?

He makes very little mistakes. His shooting sucks, but so be it. It's not a secret that our choice at PG is between bad, worse and worst.

After watching Bibby play as a starter my oppinion is that he's better than Davis who seems to play like he had a herniated brain rather than a herniated disc.

Davis is an inconsistent, anxious turnover machine with an erratic jump shot.

Bibby can't shoot anymore, but he makes decent decisions most of the time, is calm and collected, a good ballhandler and more consistent than Davis.

I'd start Bibby in the Playoffs and bring Davis off the bench.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Does anybody else actually think Bibby is the better choice as starting PG for the Playoffs?

He makes very little mistakes. His shooting sucks, but so be it. It's not a secret that our choice at PG is between bad, worse and worst.

After watching Bibby play as a starter my oppinion is that he's better than Davis who seems to play like he had a herniated brain rather than a herniated disc.

Davis is an inconsistent, anxious turnover machine with an erratic jump shot.

Bibby can't shoot anymore, but he makes decent decisions most of the time, is calm and collected, a good ballhandler and more consistent than Davis.

I'd start Bibby in the Playoffs and bring Davis off the bench.
    I think Bibby just needs the minutes to get his rhythm for his shot to come back. He was dynamite in Sac-town and they say your shot is the last thing you lose.

Diddy has been a disaster, bad back, bad hammy and now that stomach virus. The way things are going with 4 games left and a playoff series, that's enough time for him to sprain an achilles or knee. I also heard he was quoted as saying he can't dunk anymore, so why did we sign him, the dude is done.