Don't get why no one is talking about this...We have a big shot at 6th seed.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
We may win a series against the lower seeds. Forget Miami/Chicago, not going to happen till we figure out why this team can have a 25 point lead and nearly lose with our usual collapse. Our D is suspect, and will get exploited in the playoffs. Hopefully i'm dead wrong

You are dead wrong. Our D is suspect? Are you watching Knicks under Woodson? Collapse like that happens sometimes after one team takes big lead and than temporarily loses concentration. Our D is one of the top3 best right now FYI

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
What kind of question is that.. Getting a choice to play either Chicago/Miami or play Indiana?? That's like having a choice of being ass reamed with no lube or getting to have sex with the supermodel of your choice..

I don't get your point.

The ultimate goal is to get the championship. There's no point to be happy advancing to second round.

If we beat Chicago Bulls in the first round, then the mentality will be totally different, and we'll get the championship for sure. Right this year.

Didn't Novak's belts tell us that already? :)

I don't get your point.

The ultimate goal is to get the championship. There's no point to be happy advancing to second round.

If we beat Chicago Bulls in the first round, then the mentality will be totally different, and we'll get the championship for sure. Right this year.

Didn't Novak's belts tell us that already? :)

You also want the road to the finals to be as easy as possible. You'll be worn out if you happen to beat the bulls in the first round..

lookgrabpull

Benchwarmer
It's like arguing whether it's better to eat the tasty part of the cake first, or leave it to the end. You'll find that each has his own way. (it's not like we can actually choose in our case).

Beating Miami or Chicago first would surely give us a boost, but we'll be drained.
Beating them later might be easier though, as they will be drained too...
It's really impossible to say.

I say take it one step at a time. We need to close the season at the highest position both in the chart and mentality wise, regardless of who we end up against.

If we make a serious climb up that ladder and get middle seed, every team that faces us will be scared as we will be on a roll. Imagine beating Boston on the first round, see what LeChoke feels about that.

oh, and btw: let's rip the Nets' heart out! get revenge for Lin!

:gony::gony::gony:

Benchwarmer
Don't get why no one is talking about this...We have a shot at 6th seed.

I'd rather be surprised! I don't want to expect the best,
only to be disappointed.

I will keep cheering for the Knicks, though!

:jump:

:gony:

Paul1355

All Star
The only way to catch Celtics is to win all our games and they lose all their's. Difficult. Huge longshot.

But the magic..hmm maybe we can take 6th seed!

if Knicks win all their games, and magic win only 1/5 (cause you gotta assume theyll beat the bobcats) well take the tie, the rest of their games are against tough teams. 4 away teams. bobcats is their only home game in the stretch

Dwight Howard out, turkoglu out, glen davis injured..I got hope guys i really do

those clippers/hawks wins mean a lot. lets do this

Orlando's final games:

@Celtics
@Jazz
@Nuggets
Bobcats
@Grizzlies
good points...Orlando can easily lose 4 of their next 5.

I don't see the magic beating Celtics away, Jazz away with the size up front with Milsap and Jefferson, Nuggets the way they are playing, Bobcats suck, Grizzlies are awesome so yea def see Magic finishing out 1-5

The Knicks schedule is
@Nets
@Cavs
@Hawks
Clippers
@Bobcats

With Amare coming back on Friday against the Cavs, we can easily win 4 out of 5....we should beat the Nets, Cavs, and Bobcats easily and I believe we would have beaten the Hawks if stupid Willie Green didnt score 15 4th quarter points which was ridiculous.

The Clippers will be tough but we are at home so it gives us a good shot to win against a good team.

We can possibly win the next 5.

Paul1355

All Star
What advantage do we have if we made the 6th?

Playing Indy in the 1st round instead of the Heat or Bulls...I think you would rather us play Indy.

Plus if we won the 1st round series against Indy, it would give us more confidence to compete in the 2nd round against the Bulls or Heat

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
Few reasons why it's better to face a team other than Miami (or chicago, but i doubt we hit 8th seed)

1) I simply don't see Lebron going down in the first round. The Heat are going to be BRIMMING with energy in the first round of the playoffs. Guys this match will be ridiculously hard to win. Lebron and Wade can score at will. And Bosh hits every open jumpshot he takes and can drive to the paint.
2) While the playoffs can be seen as being all about winning a title, how far you get matters a shit ton too. IF the Knicks break out of the 1st round, that sets a milestone right there. They've done it. If they lose, they have much more confidence going into next year's playoffs.
3) We kill the Pacers first round. Sets a standard of winning for the Knicks. They'll have a much better shot going into the 2nd round with a winning attitude rather than their 0-4 sweep last year.

petescud

Starter
You are dead wrong. Our D is suspect? Are you watching Knicks under Woodson? Collapse like that happens sometimes after one team takes big lead and than temporarily loses concentration. Our D is one of the top3 best right now FYI

yes, i watched the whole game and your right our numbers are great under Woodson. But Our defense is up/down and we need to fix that to beat Miami/Bulls/Celts etc. Great defenses rarely give up 110 points. Good defenses, sometimes. Our defense is much improved, but not great. Could be great if we didn't collapse so often. remember the Indiana game winning by 20 and losing. How often have you seen the Heat or Bulls do that. I saw us do it 3x in the past 2 weeks. We did it again last night, though we duked it out and won.

I'm just saying Woodson has to get thru to these guys not to let most of these teams back in and go for the kill...

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
yes, i watched the whole game and your right our numbers are great under Woodson. But Our defense is up/down and we need to fix that to beat Miami/Bulls/Celts etc. Great defenses rarely give up 110 points. Good defenses, sometimes. Our defense is much improved, but not great. Could be great if we didn't collapse so often. remember the Indiana game winning by 20 and losing. How often have you seen the Heat or Bulls do that. I saw us do it 3x in the past 2 weeks. We did it again last night, though we duked it out and won.

I'm just saying Woodson has to get thru to these guys not to let most of these teams back in and go for the kill...
I agree that Knicks dont have that killer instinct that championship contenders have. Not yet. It comes with the experience of playing together. Chemistry is not there yet due to injuries of key players. I thing we will be real contenders next year.

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
Paul pierce is so ****ing clutch. Wow

Just hit the game winner at magic

Dude is fun to watch when he's not against you

Aaaaand celtics r division champs

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I would be trying to get that 6th seed, you'd rather play the Bulls or Heat a little later when your team has gained more confidence by winning a playoff series.

And how could somebody possibly say they'd rather player Miami or Chicago instead of Indy? Indiana is young with no real star players which is the most important thing in the playoffs. I trust Melo will outplay Granger and Chandler will shut down Hibbert for most of the series.

Uncle Robo

Benchwarmer
No way the Knicks would rather play Miami or Chicago before Indiana.
The Knicks might even sweep the Pacers. No chance of that with Heat or Bulls.

KingCharles34

All Star
So now it comes down to this...Magic are 3 up on us

Magic:

@Jazz L
@Nuggets L
Bobcats W
@Grizzlies L

Knicks:

@Cavs W
@Hawks ?
Clippers ?
@Bobcats W

Hawks and Clips will be tough but dont go to sleep against the Cavs

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
So now it comes down to this...Magic are 3 up on us

Magic:

@Jazz L
@Nuggets L
Bobcats W
@Grizzlies L

Knicks:

@Cavs W
@Hawks ?
Clippers ?
@Bobcats W

Hawks and Clips will be tough but dont go to sleep against the Cavs

Don't go to sleep on the bobcats son. They're gonna be a tough win for us and the magic.

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
I'm a bit worried about the Clippers, they've been playing phenomenally lately. Maybe CP3 will give us a win, being Carmelo's buddy and all :p