Don't get why no one is talking about this...We have a big shot at 6th seed.

tiger0330

Legend
Orlando fought hard against Boston and showed that they have enough to win a couple of games despite not having DH. That Utah game on Sat is key, that's their most winnable game other than the Bobcats. 3 up with 4 games to play is tough so it's still a long shot for 6th.

KnicksFan4Life

Benchwarmer
Orlando fought hard against Boston and showed that they have enough to win a couple of games despite not having DH. That Utah game on Sat is key, that's their most winnable game other than the Bobcats. 3 up with 4 games to play is tough so it's still a long shot for 6th.

I think the Denver game may be more winnable than the Utah game. The Jazz have been beasts at home all season.

JS3

Benchwarmer
The games that ORL have, is back-2-back:

@UTH- 21
@DEN - 22

CHA-25
@MEM-26

I do think that they are going to lose 3/4, but my concern is our team, we should beat the cavs (jinx...), but i cant see us beat the Hawks, its like for years i remember us struggle at the Philips Arena, even when it was The Omni we couldn't pull a series of W's out there.

One time its Dominique & Plastic man(Stacey Augmon) the other is Josh smith etc'...

its a tough place for us and its a key match.

F*ck it, i am ready for the Heat

The games that ORL have, is back-2-back:

@UTH- 21
@DEN - 22

CHA-25
@MEM-26

I do think that they are going to lose 3/4, but my concern is our team, we should beat the cavs (jinx...), but i cant see us beat the Hawks, its like for years i remember us struggle at the Philips Arena, even when it was The Omni we couldn't pull a series of W's out there.

One time its Dominique & Plastic man(Stacey Augmon) the other is Josh smith etc'...

its a tough place for us and its a key match.

F*ck it, i am ready for the Heat

Question is: Do we keep pushin pretending the Magic beat Utah on Saturday or do we rest Melo (our only remaining superstar for now), perhaps Chandler and tank to play the Bulls (who seem to be the much better matchup for us)?

I have the feeling that the ****ing Heat will sweep us. We don't match up well with them at all, Chicago with a semi-fit Rose seem to be the much better matchup for us. Games were always close with them and we even won there last season against the same team (minus Hamilton).

I'd rather play the Bulls than the Heat tbh. That loss last weak at home was tough to take. Melo had his superman cape on, we played pretty well and still had no chance against Miami.......

Last month I thought they're the better matchup, but now I have to admit that we have zero chance against them in a Playoff series.

The whole situation is ****ed up anyway, another first round exit is knocking on our front door....dammit. We could have easily had that 4th seed, EASILY. **** you Charlotte, Toronto and Sacramento for playing hard against us and beating us :teeth:

skisloper

Starter
Question is: Do we keep pushin pretending the Magic beat Utah on Saturday or do we rest Melo (our only remaining superstar for now), perhaps Chandler and tank to play the Bulls (who seem to be the much better matchup for us)?

I have the feeling that the ****ing Heat will sweep us. We don't match up well with them at all, Chicago with a semi-fit Rose seem to be the much better matchup for us. Games were always close with them and we even won there last season against the same team (minus Hamilton).

I'd rather play the Bulls than the Heat tbh. That loss last weak at home was tough to take. Melo had his superman cape on, we played pretty well and still had no chance against Miami.......

Last month I thought they're the better matchup, but now I have to admit that we have zero chance against them in a Playoff series.

The whole situation is ****ed up anyway, another first round exit is knocking on our front door....dammit. We could have easily had that 4th seed, EASILY. **** you Charlotte, Toronto and Sacramento for playing hard against us and beating us :teeth:

Melo seems to have had enough rest between his injuries and his lack of effort earlier in the season......He is in such a groove,,U play him as needed...Woodsons biggest issue is keeping Chandler healthy....

Rob Low

Rotation player
Call me crazy but i'd rather play Miami than Chicago. Miami is more talented but they have way more flaws than Chicago. Flaws that we might be able to exploit. Like their lack of rebounding and weak bench. With Chicago they're gonna play hard and disciplined every game and they're not gonna beat themselves. Especially with a coach like Tibbs in a 7 game series he'll find all our weaknesses and exploit them. With Miami, I have no doubt Woody can outcoach Spo and if Lebron or Wade get in a slump they don't have the depth Chicago has and im pretty sure our bench would outscore theirs by a significant margin. With Chicago even if Rose struggles they always have another guy that steps up and they're probably the only bench in the league that's better than ours. You also have to factor in how well Melo plays against Lebron and the fact we were up 4 in the 4th against them before we ran out of gas. If Stat was playing that game we definitely would've won. Hopefully Lebron can't handle the pressure of playing in MSG in a playoff game and he'll choke :crossfingers:. I don't even wanna think about how frustrated I would be watching the Bulls kill us on the offensive glass again while Stat doesn't even make an attempt to leave his feet or box out.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
There's no way the Magic are going to go 0-4...

Part of me thinks that they might as well rest their starters and just back into the playoffs.

Eman

Benchwarmer
No matter who we face this season, we should at least win a game or two. I see us struggling with either top-two seeded team though.

The 'big shot' at 6th place has gone by bro.

Typical Knicks, why actually do something great?

No, it's better to disappoint your loyal fanbase for the 8000th time in a row......

**** it man, if we really have to play Miami in the first round I might not even watch those games in South Beach. It's gonna be ugly....very ugly.

I can't remember an NBA season where it has actually been that easy to win the Atlantic Division and get 4th seed, honestly there was no strong team in that division this year. Boston had a good run after the ASG, but played like shit before that and we could have built a cussion.

Knicks are big time bottlers....ever since Ewing, Sprewell, Van Gundy etc. left.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Yup. They could have pushed like their lives depended on it, with passion and some balls, some pride in their game.

But no.

They folded like soft jelly donuts that Carmelo eats between timeouts.

Wack sauce.

elcol

Rotation player
Look at the Melo hatin fagg*t.

banhammer.gif

Uncle Robo

Benchwarmer
I think Woodson is resting the starters where he can, and is aiming for 8th seed.
Sure, Knicks could have tried for 6th seed to face the Pacers, but the team might tire themselves out for the playoffs, or worse...more injuries.

Resting the starters, and letting the backups play so the starters would be fresh and ready for the playoffs is a good move.

**** that tank shit. We still havent figured out how to play together as a team with Melo and Amare. Play the got damn starters and let them mesh in these last 3 games. We need to be playing our best ball heading into this tournament sons

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
**** that tank shit. We still havent figured out how to play together as a team with Melo and Amare. Play the got damn starters and let them mesh in these last 3 games. We need to be playing our best ball heading into this tournament sons

Agreed. Heat, Bulls, doesn't matter.

metrocard

Legend
Orlando is a weak team...They will be Dwight-less and Jameer Nelson is the new Derek Fisher, always been overrated and is one of the lesser PG's in the NBA. Orlando has a weak team with a good coach and now their top 5 NBA talent doesn't want to play...they can potentially lose 4 games in a row, even to the Cats.

Hardest game will Atlanta, if we can get that game...Clippers at home will be easier, home court advantage...our will defense will rein supreme.

Knicks will finish 36-30

Magic will finish 36-30

Who has the tie breaker?

Rob Low

Rotation player
Orlando is a weak team...They will be Dwight-less and Jameer Nelson is the new Derek Fisher, always been overrated and is one of the lesser PG's in the NBA. Orlando has a weak team with a good coach and now their top 5 NBA talent doesn't want to play...they can potentially lose 4 games in a row, even to the Cats.

Hardest game will Atlanta, if we can get that game...Clippers at home will be easier, home court advantage...our will defense will rein supreme.

Knicks will finish 36-30

Magic will finish 36-30

Who has the tie breaker?

Knicks won 2 out of 3 against the Magic so they have the tiebreaker