Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Don't get why no one is talking about this...We have a big shot at 6th seed.

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Lol the bobcats suck.......
    omg I just looked at the score...WTF

Lol yeah... vs another bad team in the Wizards... Just hoping they have some sort of pride and come out swinging vs Orlando.

They must be proud in Cleveland they held us on our run for the 6th seed...

I put a 100 dollar bet on the Bobcats/Magic game, I haven't lost a bet all season, so I'm putting my good karma in the Knicks hopes

Originally Posted by CA7
    I put a 100 dollar bet on the Bobcats/Magic game, I haven't lost a bet all season, so I'm putting my good karma in the Knicks hopes
    About to take the first loss

Originally Posted by CA7
    And you bet on Bobcats or Magic?

Originally Posted by rogeryy
    And you bet on Bobcats or Magic?
    Draw.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Draw.
    Well rather then worring about the 6th seed which is prob a very small percentage because of giving that Cavs game away and not showing up to play. We should be more worried about falling to 8th. IMO i think we do better against Miami. My thinking is this. Miami has all the pressure on them. They are the supposed CHOSEN ones. the not 5, not 6, not 7 Team.

Riley is sitting there waiting to crack the whip if they fall short in playoffs this year. The Bulls on the other hand i still feel have something to prove. even though they are the 1 seed they are not getting the respect they think they deserve. So they will go in having a chip on their shoulder. All they have been hearing is should the Knicks TANK so they can play them vs Miami... They want to come out and DESTROY us.. Where the Heat will be subject to fold under the pressure of failure.

Superstar

Reason I mention this 8th seed possibility is that the sixers won again last night giving them the identical 34-30 record as us. Although we still hold the tiebreaker, they clinched a playoff spot last night by winning. So even though the bucks pulled their game out they were ELIMINATED Last night. Making their game against the Sixers Meaningless tomorrow night. We on the other hand are playing a Clippers team with still something to play for. We lose and sixers win we are in 8th.

Originally Posted by groundpilot
    Hey, GetRealistic, get realistic,lol. You would rather rest players and play Miami or Bulls in the first round when you have a chance to play against Indiana who we handled easily this season? Come on man. You only rest players if there is no chance for the 6th seed. Period.
    Indiana's 65% winning percentage is good for third in the WESTERN CONFERENCE.

They're far from an easy out.

Originally Posted by orangeblobman

Maybe for other teams. But Indiana is a great matchup for us, they have matching up with us and we would have swept the season series if we didn't blow that fourth quarter lead. Also Indiana shooting like 90 percent from downtown in the fourth didnt help either.

Superstar

Clippers still have chance to avoid memphis in first round and overtake lakers for 3rd seed. they stand 1/2 game behind them. Lakers have one game left vs kings. They play Hawks tonight and us tomorrow night. So they could be playing for 3rd seed poss. Bucks have nothing to play for so i think philly rolls over them. Then while we play the bobcats they play Detroit. So if we want to lock down the 7th seed we will most likely have to beat the clippers. There is the outside chance philly could even catch orlando for 6th. I dont know tiebreakers between them though.

Originally Posted by CoolRunnings
    Maybe for other teams. But Indiana is a great matchup for us, they have matching up with us and we would have swept the season series if we didn't blow that fourth quarter lead. Also Indiana shooting like 90 percent from downtown in the fourth didnt help either.
    Yea, but our two wins against them came at the start of Woodsanity. Everyone was feeling good and playing with angry energy. But now, a little softer. Less urgency, less good feeling.

They dropped like silly bitches in the last game.

No easy out, I can't say I'm sold on our overwhelming advantage in the Knicks Pacers matchup.

Superstar

Originally Posted by orangeblobman

That is what i was saying in another thread. We play them we could be in trouble thinking we got them. looking past them sort of. because of how we did vs them in regular season. I was just saying IMO i think our best first round match up is with Miami. They have all the pressure of the world on them. They are the Anointed ones. I dont see that playing pacers or bulls. Bulls are a bad matchup for anyone in first round. they want to prove to the world that they deserve the number 1 seed. They are not getting the respect a number 1 seed usually gets. Everyone still is thinking Miami represents the east. They are also hearing people say should the Knicks TANK so they can draw the bulls in round 1 vs having to play the Heat with the 7th seed. THey want to come out and KILL us.

I think if we can choose between those 3 teams most of us would go with indy as a weekest of 3.
    Miami is not losing to anyone in the first round.