Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread (revised)

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
A Look at His Last Three Performances

vs. MIA 42 pts, 9 reb, 5 asts

vc. BOS 35 pts, 12 reb, 10 asts

@ NJN 33 pts, 7 reb, 4 asts

For the last 10 games he is averaging 31.2 pts, 7.6 reb, and 3.4 asts. Melo has been impressive on defense and has finally made a commitment on defense every game. One can argue that this is the best that Melo has played throughout his entire career.

No doubt in my mind, he is the best player in the NBA for the month of April. The Knicks would absolutely be lost without him, and he responded to the challenge by going all out bananas on the Knicks' opponents.

Kudos to you Melo, thanks for leading our bockers through these last 15 games or so. May you have a beastier(?) Playoff run. :gony:

:beer:

miked1958

Rotation player
A Look at His Last Three Performances

vs. MIA 42 pts, 9 reb, 5 asts

vc. BOS 35 pts, 12 reb, 10 asts

@ NJN 33 pts, 7 reb, 4 asts

For the last 10 games he is averaging 31.2 pts, 7.6 reb, and 3.4 asts. Melo has been impressive on defense and has finally made a commitment on defense every game. One can argue that this is the best that Melo has played throughout his entire career.

No doubt in my mind, he is the best player in the NBA for the month of April. The Knicks would absolutely be lost without him, and he responded to the challenge by going all out bananas on the Knicks' opponents.

Kudos to you Melo, thanks for leading our bockers through these last 15 games or so. May you have a beastier(?) Playoff run. :gony:

:beer:
Rhis is the thread I should of posted in. Agree and great post

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I'm just happy for Melo after virtually being labeled the 2nd fiddle to Jeremy after Linsanity exploded, the issue with MDA, and all these lingering injuries that he's gone through. You gotta love his commitment to this team and his teammates. :beer:

KingCharles34

All Star
I came to pay my respects, dudes been beasting like no one else lately. This is more like the Melo from Denver but even better. Mark me off as another one that thinks hes playing his best basketball ever in the last 10 to 15 games

I hated him his first couple of years, eventually became a fan. I became a much bigger fan in a game last year when he was still with the Nuggets. He put a beating on Vince Carter like no one else ever had, then he got traded to us. It was rough for a while this year but hes coming through now, i hope he can get healthier and lead us to our first playoff win in a century

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
He's def playing the best basketball out of anybody in the league this past month hopefully he keeps it up when Amare comes back.

tripleaamin9

Benchwarmer
It was lonely at times supporting Melo at times, but I have kept on supporting him.
He is finally playing like a superstar.

That's the Melo I was actually hoping for and expecting when we traded for him.

I always felt like he's a player who really excells on one-superstar teams and his current heroics seem to confirm that.

I certainly hope he can stay the same when Amar'e returns soon and Lin next season, but I somehow doubt it.

It's a bit like TMac, absolutely beasting and winning back 2 back scoring titles while beeing the lone star in Orlando and never reaching those heights again in Houston (alongside Yao).

Huge props to Melo for what he did the last couple of weeks. I thoroughly enjoyed it, you're the man bro! (finally).

We should trade him he sucks remember.

Come on bro all I said was we should trade one of Melo and STAT. So far my theory has to be disproven.

We went on that winning streak during Linsanity when Amar'E was out. Now Melo is going H.A.M.with Amar'e out and looking like an MVP candidate.

Amar'e played his best basketball last season when Melo was still in Denver.

They're definitely better without each other.

That doesn't mean they can't play together, but you'll never see the 31 ppg, 8 rpg, 4 apg Melo with amar'e next to him over a month or even a year.

The same with STAT. He won't ever post his 26 ppg, 8rpg, 2.5 bpg stats from 10-11 alongside Melo for a longer peroid.

iJoe

Rotation player
Come on bro all I said was we should trade one of Melo and STAT. So far my theory has to be disproven.

We went on that winning streak during Linsanity when Amar'E was out. Now Melo is going H.A.M.with Amar'e out and looking like an MVP candidate.

Amar'e played his best basketball last season when Melo was still in Denver.

They're definitely better without each other.

That doesn't mean they can't play together, but you'll never see the 31 ppg, 8 rpg, 4 apg Melo with amar'e next to him over a month or even a year.

The same with STAT. He won't ever post his 26 ppg, 8rpg, 2.5 bpg stats from 10-11 alongside Melo for a longer peroid.

Unfortunately this is very true.... we'll get to see how good/bad Woodson really is when everyone comes back and he gets try to keep everyone happy.
Stat/Melo/Lin/Smith all need the ball in order to play well.

Biggest problem is guys like Stat and Melo play better defensively when they get their offensive game on. When they go for stretches without the ball, they play like **** defensively. They don't have the elite mindset to keep their focus without getting their touches.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I don't know if you guys are old enough to remember Tony Campbell.

Tony Campbell was a guy that dropped something like 22 points per game over a season with the T'Wovles in the early 1990s.

Melo is better than Tony Campbell, but they're both wack sauce.

Numbers? What are numbers?

The reality is, and this is the gut check for some of my brethren, is that this team is 32-29 in a wack sauce conference, and this paltry mark is largely due to Melo's wack sauceness over this season.

His inability to stop acting like a silly bitch while playing under Coach Mike speaks volume of his character, and you can rest assured that this weak character will manifest itself when the going gets tough, that's just what wack sauce characters do!

Yea, you'll get some flashy flashy 40 point games, but ultimately we'll be looking back at the Melo era in New York as an era of wack sauce.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
please shut up and exit stage left!

Tony Campbell was a guy that dropped something like 22 points per game over a season with the T'Wovles in the early 1990s.

The reality is, and this is the gut check for some of my brethren, is that this team is 32-29 in a wack sauce conference, and this paltry mark is largely due to Melo's wack sauceness over this season.

His inability to stop acting like a silly bitch while playing under Coach Mike speaks volume of his character, and you can rest assured that this weak character will manifest itself when the going gets tough, that's just what wack sauce characters do!

Yea, you'll get some flashy flashy 40 point games, but ultimately we'll be looking back at the Melo era in New York as an era of wack sauce.

skisloper

Starter
We should trade him he sucks remember.

You make it seem as Melo was this great dude who just wasnt playing well....He so much as said he quit on the team ..........So basically if Woodson is replaced and Melo is not happy with the coach will he do it again ?

The guy nobody doubts is one of the top players in the league but when a player quits on his teammates its disgraceful...

It was a bad situation but lets hope MELO learned something from it......I would hate to think without the major spotlight on himself he will not give a 110%.....anything less then that and I would trade him.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer

You my friend are a hater, why be a Knicks fan? If Melo did not do what he has done in the last 15 games the playoffs would not be a thought. This guy is playing at a very high level on both ends of the court finally. Give props when props are due. Who gives a **** if he was acting like a "silly bitch" to Coach Mike, I thank him for that because he LEFT and Woody has EVERYONE playing at a high level.

You want to talk about character? Lets examine other superstars like Dwight, Kobe, and Lebron all not great character.

You must love hearing ESPN say how will Melo work with Amare and Lin, he can't play team ball, he's a ball stopper.

Support the team and its players.

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
anyone else feel like Melo finally "gets it"? I feel the dude's play has evolved. I used to see Melo as the guy who went out, got his 25 PPG and didn't care whether his team won or lost, he just enjoyed being in the spotlight.

Over this stretch, I see Melo playing a lot like Lebron. The dude is a playmaker. He finds his teammates when they're open, he posts up a lot and kicks out to the open JR/Novak/Shumpert and has really grown as a player. Its great to watch a superstar dedicated to winning. ITs the woodsanity i think.

skisloper

Starter
anyone else feel like Melo finally "gets it"? I feel the dude's play has evolved. I used to see Melo as the guy who went out, got his 25 PPG and didn't care whether his team won or lost, he just enjoyed being in the spotlight.

Over this stretch, I see Melo playing a lot like Lebron. The dude is a playmaker. He finds his teammates when they're open, he posts up a lot and kicks out to the open JR/Novak/Shumpert and has really grown as a player. Its great to watch a superstar dedicated to winning. ITs the woodsanity i think.

I think there is no doubt his play has been the best in the NBA these past few weeks.......I do think he has evolved....He told Novak on the court not to the belt motion or chest bumps after the 3 pointer......He knew the celtics do not quit and wanted Novak and everyone to stay focused...thats team leader and not the usual Melo,,.......

orangeblobman

Rotation player
You my friend are a hater, why be a Knicks fan? If Melo did not do what he has done in the last 15 games the playoffs would not be a thought. This guy is playing at a very high level on both ends of the court finally. Give props when props are due. Who gives a **** if he was acting like a "silly bitch" to Coach Mike, I thank him for that because he LEFT and Woody has EVERYONE playing at a high level.

You want to talk about character? Lets examine other superstars like Dwight, Kobe, and Lebron all not great character.

You must love hearing ESPN say how will Melo work with Amare and Lin, he can't play team ball, he's a ball stopper.

Support the team and its players.

It's not hate to be realistic. Just because I'm not slobbering over Melo's knob doesn't mean I hate the Knicks.

On the contrary, my friend: I love me the Knickerbockers! But I'm extremely cautious about a player that has exposed himself as a petulant child by throwing a hissy fit under Coach D'Antoni.

When the going is good, yea, he'll look good, but championships are won by slugging it through the mud, through the times when the going is rough.

Guy ain't about it, and it's gonna take a lot more than a short stretch under newly promoted coach to make me think otherwise.