Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Appreciation Thread (revised)

anyone else feel like Melo finally "gets it"? I feel the dude's play has evolved. I used to see Melo as the guy who went out, got his 25 PPG and didn't care whether his team won or lost, he just enjoyed being in the spotlight.

Over this stretch, I see Melo playing a lot like Lebron. The dude is a playmaker. He finds his teammates when they're open, he posts up a lot and kicks out to the open JR/Novak/Shumpert and has really grown as a player. Its great to watch a superstar dedicated to winning. ITs the woodsanity i think.

Veteran

Originally Posted by c0leworld
    anyone else feel like Melo finally "gets it"? I feel the dude's play has evolved. I used to see Melo as the guy who went out, got his 25 PPG and didn't care whether his team won or lost, he just enjoyed being in the spotlight.

Over this stretch, I see Melo playing a lot like Lebron. The dude is a playmaker. He finds his teammates when they're open, he posts up a lot and kicks out to the open JR/Novak/Shumpert and has really grown as a player. Its great to watch a superstar dedicated to winning. ITs the woodsanity i think.
    I think there is no doubt his play has been the best in the NBA these past few weeks.......I do think he has evolved....He told Novak on the court not to the belt motion or chest bumps after the 3 pointer......He knew the celtics do not quit and wanted Novak and everyone to stay focused...thats team leader and not the usual Melo,,.......

Originally Posted by CoolRunnings
    You my friend are a hater, why be a Knicks fan? If Melo did not do what he has done in the last 15 games the playoffs would not be a thought. This guy is playing at a very high level on both ends of the court finally. Give props when props are due. Who gives a **** if he was acting like a "silly bitch" to Coach Mike, I thank him for that because he LEFT and Woody has EVERYONE playing at a high level.

You want to talk about character? Lets examine other superstars like Dwight, Kobe, and Lebron all not great character.

You must love hearing ESPN say how will Melo work with Amare and Lin, he can't play team ball, he's a ball stopper.

Support the team and its players.
    It's not hate to be realistic. Just because I'm not slobbering over Melo's knob doesn't mean I hate the Knicks.

On the contrary, my friend: I love me the Knickerbockers! But I'm extremely cautious about a player that has exposed himself as a petulant child by throwing a hissy fit under Coach D'Antoni.

When the going is good, yea, he'll look good, but championships are won by slugging it through the mud, through the times when the going is rough.

Guy ain't about it, and it's gonna take a lot more than a short stretch under newly promoted coach to make me think otherwise.

BEST MELO VIDEO EVER

LMAO @ the vid.

Superstar

You know what i'm noticing, all the dudes that hated on the kid (MELO), are coming thru here, and the first thing they say is...just because i refuse to (suck him off, slob his nobb, etc), it's not about that,(he's a knick), and once that happened, i supported him, and hoped he got better, to help better my team.PS, If your trying to sh*t on him now, you look like the mad rapper .
    Last edited by fender0577; Apr 19, 2012 at 23:37.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Don't take anything I say serious I just jump in with my two cents lol. I like reading Yall post all of you! You guys make good points but let's call a spade a spade melo is the truth and he is balling like he is in the NCAA torny again. Cavs will be sorry tonight they showed up.

Veteran

Melo is playing very well on both ends of the court, plus he's getting his teammates involved. I haven't seen him with this much intensity in a while. It'll be foolish not to acknowledge the way he's playing now.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    Melo is playing very well on both ends of the court, plus he's getting his teammates involved. I haven't seen him with this much intensity in a while. It'll be foolish not to acknowledge the way he's playing now.
    No one is denying that he's putting up numbers.

The thing is that a lot of us aren't so willing to put some sheep wool over our eyes and forget the very recent past; namely, that Melo quit on his coach and therefore his team.

Just a month or so ago, Melo quit on his coach and his team. He's still the same guy he always was, still the same guy that acted like a petulant silly bitch all his career.

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    No one is denying that he's putting up numbers.

The thing is that a lot of us aren't so willing to put some sheep wool over our eyes and forget the very recent past; namely, that Melo quit on his coach and therefore his team.

Just a month or so ago, Melo quit on his coach and his team. He's still the same guy he always was, still the same guy that acted like a petulant silly bitch all his career.

This is nothing new list of stars that got rid of their coach

Jordan
    Magic
    Ewing
    Deron williams
    Get over it he did us a favor