Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Pick One

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    No offense to all the Lin fans out there, but I think the Knicks should trade him for a player who has already developed his game. I think we can all agree that Lin is a good player in his own right and he has oodles of potential, but him and Melo just do not fit together. Lin, Melo and STAT need the ball in their hands for majority of the possession. All of them in the starting lineup at the same time limits each one's contribution IMO.

    Plus, we're built to win now with Melo (27), STAT (29), and Chandler (30) being in the prime of their respective careers, and we can't wait for Lin to develop IMO.

    According to your theory then the Celtics should've traded Rajon Rondo away?

  2. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    No offense to all the Lin fans out there, but I think the Knicks should trade him for a player who has already developed his game. I think we can all agree that Lin is a good player in his own right and he has oodles of potential, but him and Melo just do not fit together. Lin, Melo and STAT need the ball in their hands for majority of the possession. All of them in the starting lineup at the same time limits each one's contribution IMO.

    Plus, we're built to win now with Melo (27), STAT (29), and Chandler (30) being in the prime of their respective careers, and we can't wait for Lin to develop IMO.
    According to your theory, Miami Heat should be a pretty terrible team which has 3 super stars.

    Do you know how much they pay Woodson? And how many people here in this forum earn more than he does? I'm not saying none. But I think the reason why he earns more than regular people is that he has to make things work. Basketball is a team sport. It takes 5 players per team to play a game. I wouldn't mind if I have 5 best players in my team. If winning is every palyer's goal. I mean if everyone is not selfish. Don't say Melo, Lin, Stat, or Chandler is selfish, because they are not. And because they are not selfish, it's the coach's job to make use of all the stars we have and win.

  3. #33
    Veteran LeFlume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    3,661
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Shump >>>>> Lin
    JR >>>>>>>Novak
    Jorts >>>>>> Jordan


  4. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    217
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    All the talk about trading Lin?? It aint happening for the next few years. Dolan would trade Melo before he trades Lin. He will milk the fattest cow in NBA for all its worth. To NBA owners, money always comes before Chips.

    To force people to select which one to keep between Shump and Lin?? I guess some of KO'ers want Lin out of NY in the worst way possible.

  5. #35
    BALL DON'T LIE MeloforMayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    1,767
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by blahwoop
    According to your theory then the Celtics should've traded Rajon Rondo away?
    According to your theory, Miami Heat should be a pretty terrible team which has 3 super stars.

    Do you know how much they pay Woodson? And how many people here in this forum earn more than he does? I'm not saying none. But I think the reason why he earns more than regular people is that he has to make things work. Basketball is a team sport. It takes 5 players per team to play a game. I wouldn't mind if I have 5 best players in my team. If winning is every palyer's goal. I mean if everyone is not selfish. Don't say Melo, Lin, Stat, or Chandler is selfish, because they are not. And because they are not selfish, it's the coach's job to make use of all the stars we have and win.
    Boston and Miami have a completely different set of core players, or superstars if you will. They have already proven that they can play together while bringing out the best in each other. They FIT together. Our core, on the other hand, have shown that they are WORSE when playing together.

    Whenever I watch the Knicks' starting lineup that included Lin, Melo, and STAT, it seems that all of them are holding back. Each of them are not used to their respective strengths on offense because they need the goddamn ball in their hands to be effective. Exhibit A, Melo's recent return to offensive domination with Lin and STAT out with injuries. You can see that Melo is more confident with them out because he gets to be the offensive focus for the entire game.

    Exhibit B, STAT was a beast before Melo arrived. They both seem like mere shells of themselves whenever they are on the court together. We all know they are consistent 25 ppg scorers when healthy. But for the month of March, wherein they were both in action, STAT & Melo averaged 18 and 19 ppg respectively. With STAT & Lin out, Melo is averaging 30.2 ppg

    Jeremy Lin, 23.9 ppg when STAT & Melo were injured, 14 ppg when they returned. I'm just not sure if Lin is the right PG to cater to Amar'e and Carmelo's needs. Lin as the tendency to be more of a scorer, rendering the presence of Amar'e and Carmelo on the floor virtually useless.

    Now the reason why I say that Lin should be the one who should be traded (Assuming I was forced to choose one), is because Anthony and Stoudemire have untradeable contracts and they're not going anywhere.

  6. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Boston and Miami have a completely different set of core players, or superstars if you will. They have already proven that they can play together while bringing out the best in each other. They FIT together. Our core, on the other hand, have shown that they are WORSE when playing together.

    Whenever I watch the Knicks' starting lineup that included Lin, Melo, and STAT, it seems that all of them are holding back. Each of them are not used to their respective strengths on offense because they need the goddamn ball in their hands to be effective. Exhibit A, Melo's recent return to offensive domination with Lin and STAT out with injuries. You can see that Melo is more confident with them out because he gets to be the offensive focus for the entire game.

    Exhibit B, STAT was a beast before Melo arrived. They both seem like mere shells of themselves whenever they are on the court together. We all know they are consistent 25 ppg scorers when healthy. But for the month of March, wherein they were both in action, STAT & Melo averaged 18 and 19 ppg respectively. With STAT & Lin out, Melo is averaging 30.2 ppg

    Jeremy Lin, 23.9 ppg when STAT & Melo were injured, 14 ppg when they returned. I'm just not sure if Lin is the right PG to cater to Amar'e and Carmelo's needs. Lin as the tendency to be more of a scorer, rendering the presence of Amar'e and Carmelo on the floor virtually useless.

    Now the reason why I say that Lin should be the one who should be traded (Assuming I was forced to choose one), is because Anthony and Stoudemire have untradeable contracts and they're not going anywhere.
    I get your point the first time. I'm just curious why don't you believe that they can play together too? Given a little more time. The core players of Miami Heat didn't seem so fit together the first several games, did they? You want to trade Lin, but what if the new guy doesn't fit with Melo again?

    You think it's not worth it to give it a try?

  7. #37
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Boston and Miami have a completely different set of core players, or superstars if you will. They have already proven that they can play together while bringing out the best in each other. They FIT together. Our core, on the other hand, have shown that they are WORSE when playing together.

    Whenever I watch the Knicks' starting lineup that included Lin, Melo, and STAT, it seems that all of them are holding back. Each of them are not used to their respective strengths on offense because they need the goddamn ball in their hands to be effective. Exhibit A, Melo's recent return to offensive domination with Lin and STAT out with injuries. You can see that Melo is more confident with them out because he gets to be the offensive focus for the entire game.

    Exhibit B, STAT was a beast before Melo arrived. They both seem like mere shells of themselves whenever they are on the court together. We all know they are consistent 25 ppg scorers when healthy. But for the month of March, wherein they were both in action, STAT & Melo averaged 18 and 19 ppg respectively. With STAT & Lin out, Melo is averaging 30.2 ppg

    Jeremy Lin, 23.9 ppg when STAT & Melo were injured, 14 ppg when they returned. I'm just not sure if Lin is the right PG to cater to Amar'e and Carmelo's needs. Lin as the tendency to be more of a scorer, rendering the presence of Amar'e and Carmelo on the floor virtually useless.

    Now the reason why I say that Lin should be the one who should be traded (Assuming I was forced to choose one), is because Anthony and Stoudemire have untradeable contracts and they're not going anywhere.
    Okay by this theory if you have

    2002-2003 Amar'e Stoudemire(rookie)

    2003-2004 Carmelo Anthony(rookie)

    2011-2012 Jeremy Lin(rookie)

    you'd keep Lin and trade them, by your statement this is what you mean

    Jeremy Lin, who I supported during Linsanity but then began to resent because the media and fans were giving this kid overwhelming endorsements and comparisons, is a 1 hit wonder, he had a hot streak, will he be a serviceable PG, yes, but is he worth your 2 superstars taking a back seat, NO

    This isn't like Rondo and the Celdicks, they're old but Rondo also knows his role is to set them up not shoot more than them. Rondo does take more shots sometimes but its a rarity.

    I'd move Lin while the iron is still hot, I can see 4 or 5 teams willing to give us something nice for him(Nets, Blazers, Bobcats, Hornets)

Similar Threads

  1. Every draft prospect who is IN and OUT
    By Paul1355 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 23, 2010, 19:28
  2. 2009 Draft Fantasy GM Game
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: Jul 05, 2009, 09:43
  3. Countdown to the 2009 NBA Draft Lottery
    By Scribbles in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: May 21, 2009, 16:14
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 10, 2008, 11:12
  5. NBA Offseason Movement
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NBA
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: Oct 05, 2006, 20:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •