Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pick One

Originally Posted by CA7
    Melo and STAT per CBA can restructure

Player contracts can be renegotiated downward in extensions, as long as the player’s salary does not decrease by more than 40 percent. Previously, renegotiations could only increase a player’s salary. This could provide another key avenue for teams to maintain roster flexibility and add players with space created by restructuring existing contracts, similar to the NFL.

I guess guys dont do their research

As for a PG, I'd love to get Randy Foye, we dont need a playmaking PG we need a solid floor general, Foye is a combo guard but has Chauncey-like potential for us especially being able to play off of Melo, he can be a 16 and 6 guy for us
    my bad . . . i could have sworn that the cba doesnt allow restucturing/maybe restructuring of old cba contracts :S not sure ill find out

Originally Posted by bash
    my bad . . . i could have sworn that the cba doesnt allow restucturing/maybe restructuring of old cba contracts :S not sure ill find out
    nah its cool the new CBA added that it wasn't in the old one, but yeah if Melo/STAT/Chandler all care about winning Grunweld should present this too them, maybe have Dolan give them roster bonuses so they can make up the difference, we need to keep this core together, the problem the last few years has been the lack of continuity and cohesiveness with the roster by the looks of it everyone loves playing with eachother and they love Woodson

Originally Posted by CA7
    nah its cool the new CBA added that it wasn't in the old one, but yeah if Melo/STAT/Chandler all care about winning Grunweld should present this too them, maybe have Dolan give them roster bonuses so they can make up the difference, we need to keep this core together, the problem the last few years has been the lack of continuity and cohesiveness with the roster by the looks of it everyone loves playing with eachother and they love Woodson
    yeh just found out that in new cba was added that they can reneg contract for less amount per season. Before it was only renegotiate for more money. Honestly though, I seriously doubt many players would be willing to renegotiate and cant really blame em. I would be happy if melo and stat renegotiate chandler isnt as bad.
    Last edited by bash; Apr 19, 2012 at 21:34. Reason: needs more renegotiate

yeh just found out that in new cba was added that they can reneg contract for less amount per season. Before it was only renegotiate for more money. Honestly though, I seriously doubt many players would be willing to renegotiate and cant really blame em. I would be happy if melo and stat renegotiate chandler isnt as bad.
    Football players only do it because it guarantee's them more money, Basketball players would need some incentive like I said a roster bonus, workout bonus, more incentives something to make them wanna take less money for more years, only guy I can see doing it in the league is Kevin Durant so James Harden and Serge Ibaka can stay in OKC

I'd basically try to keep Shumpert, Lin and Smith.

Out of Novak, Fields, Walker, Baron, Jorts and Jordan, I think we could afford to lose them a lot more comparatively with the above 3.

We should never have extended Douglas' contract. That was a bum move, and we could have ponied up that $2M+ to Novak. An absolute waste. Douglas is currently earning approx $570k less than JR Smith to be a para-olympian.

Originally Posted by CA7
    Football players only do it because it guarantee's them more money, Basketball players would need some incentive like I said a roster bonus, workout bonus, more incentives something to make them wanna take less money for more years, only guy I can see doing it in the league is Kevin Durant so James Harden and Serge Ibaka can stay in OKC
    you think the an ultimatum might work ? as in restructure or we are going to have to trade one of you. Basically management can let one of them at least (prolly stat friggin 20mil + soon ) let them know that trade would mean more contract money but much less from endorsements/exposure/ny perks.

you think the an ultimatum might work ? as in restructure or we are going to have to trade one of you. Basically management can let one of them at least (prolly stat friggin 20mil + soon ) let them know that trade would mean more contract money but much less from endorsements/exposure/ny perks.
    that might be it because we cant keep everyone unless they sacrifice for the team

I'd say its either both of you and you guys restructure or one of you and less of a shot at winning a title

lebron wade and bosh took less money (Well bosh is overpayed). But maybe that means other players *cough*melo/stat might do so too

Originally Posted by CA7
    Simply pick who'd you rather keep

Iman Shumpert or Jeremy Lin

JR Smith or Steve Novak

Josh Harrellson or Jerome Jordan

My answers

Shumpert- all around player, legit potential to be a top 5 Guard in 2-3 more years. Has legit chemistry with our Big 3

JR Smith- Novak is more consistent but JR has game changing ability. Offensively and sometimes Defensively he is no slouch. When he's hot he's HOT, muy caliente

Jerome Jordan- His upside as a defensive back up 5 is through the roof. He needs to be Tyson's shadow all off-season, that will one help his growth and 2 give us a guy who can be a trade asset or potential replacement down the line
    Lin >>> Shumpert

But smart people will try to keep both of them.
    And capable people will make it.
    This comparison isn't even legit!

Novak
    Jordan

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    I'd basically try to keep Shumpert, Lin and Smith.

Out of Novak, Fields, Walker, Baron, Jorts and Jordan, I think we could afford to lose them a lot more comparatively with the above 3.

We should never have extended Douglas' contract. That was a bum move, and we could have ponied up that $2M+ to Novak. An absolute waste. Douglas is currently earning approx $570k less than JR Smith to be a para-olympian.
    And to think the Knicks refused to give up Toney Douglas for Jamal Crawford.

Originally Posted by rogeryy
    Lin >>> Shumpert

Novak
    Jordan
    both young guards who contributed to our team success, which one if you had to choose would you rather have, I'm not comparing them as players just who would YOU want its pretty damn simple

Originally Posted by rogeryy
    Lin >>> Shumpert

Novak
    Jordan
    Are you kidding with that selection?
    Jeremy TWO WEEK SENSATION Lin over 21 Shump Street?

Buddy its not 4/20 yet

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Are you kidding with that selection?
    Jeremy TWO WEEK SENSATION Lin over 21 Shump Street?

Buddy its not 4/20 yet
    I love that nickname...........repped

No offense to all the Lin fans out there, but I think the Knicks should trade him for a player who has already developed his game. I think we can all agree that Lin is a good player in his own right and he has oodles of potential, but him and Melo just do not fit together. Lin, Melo and STAT need the ball in their hands for majority of the possession. All of them in the starting lineup at the same time limits each one's contribution IMO.

Plus, we're built to win now with Melo (27), STAT (29), and Chandler (30) being in the prime of their respective careers, and we can't wait for Lin to develop IMO.

i never liked the win now attitude. unfortunately that's what Dolan loves. Big names and win now moves. Shump is beast on D though. don't see why it would have to be shump vs lin. one pg and one sg. i'd say it should be more fields vs shump. shump is a rook that is signed until 2013 with team option after that. his contract is locked in. i'm pretty sure they will let fields go and resign lin. so the starting 5 for next year looks like Lin Shump Melo Amare Chandler

These are the ones not under contract next year

Boom Dizzle
    Bibby
    Jefferies
    Novak
    Walker
    Fields
    Lin

Team option on Harrellson