Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dan Gadzuric joins NYK, Bill Walker waived.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Damn, I like Walker. I don't know anything about Dan Gadzuric aside from him being a bid body (which I don't know if I would have known if it wasn't for this thread, I forgot).

Hope to see you back, Bill.
    Dan is actually a solid defender in the paint, and he can give you some rebounds and maybe block/alter some shots, he has a post game as well something this team lacks besides melo. I know that signs like one hell of signing lol but don't expect anything spectacular from him though, most nights he is a bruiser in the paint giving out hard fouls.. well from last time i seen him on the court thats what i remember. Im just glad we now have a legit veteran backup center that can give chandler some decent rest time.

Veteran

He's been playing in China so he should be in shape. Good move since Stat and JJ have injury issues, sucks that it cost Billy his job. DG is a solid defender, won't give you many points other than some putbacks and dunks.

Originally Posted by YuvalNYC
    Apparently this is all over twitter.
    Walker isn't even making the trip to CLE. Gadzuric will be available for the playoffs.

I think this can only mean one thing, that Jeffries' condition is worse than it looks..

Anyhow, I would have rather them waive Bibby ... I like Bill Walker a LOT and he's gonna be missed.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Bibby looks more comfortable under Woodson and knows his role and he turns over the ball less than Davis so I am fine having Bibby get minutes right now. Douglas should be waived, the guy is useless.

Anyways I feel sorry for Walker because I still think he is under rated and I think if he never got hurt this year he would of eventually had steady minutes during Fields' struggles.
    Unfortunatly Skywalker needs to find a new home, watch out Miami doesn't get him, nice guy off the bench with athleticism and a 3 point shot that can get hot and torched the Heat in one game, no pun intended.

We need a big man and if the coaching staff does not trust the sluggish Josh Harrelson or the foul prone Jerome Jordan(who i think is better than people think) than getting Gadzuric is a nice pick up.

Gadzuric was a starter for the Bucks I believe and is known for his shot blocking so when Tyson comes out we have a guy with some ability to block shots and rebound and just do that. Big body with long arms and plays aggressive on defense, fine by me.

Is this guy eligible for the playoff roster?

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    Is this guy eligible for the playoff roster?
    yeah he is

Veteran

Looks like Coach Woody is rolling up his sleeves and getting ready for the playoffs. Good move but sorry to see Walker go b4 the season ended.

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    yeah he is

Kool. We needed another big. We have plenty on the wings. Hopefully this guy can give us 10-15 mins a game...

IMO there is one particular advantage of bringing Gadzuric:

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    IMO there is one particular advantage of bringing Gadzuric:

Its just so disappointing, this does most likely mean Jeffries is hurt worse then we know. One injury after another, its really too bad. I dont know if we'll be able to have a roster like this years again. I feel like if we had Lin, a healthy Amare, a healthy Jeffries we might have been able to do something this year. Where the f*cks our luck at?

Default Gadzooks!

is the hottie Gadzooks' girlie? niiiiiiiice.

I've been a fan of Gadzurik since his UCLA days, when he pretty much dominated the NCAA.
    here's some background:

he played pretty well for the Bucks, I remember him swatting some Knicks shots and bounding.

Bill Walker was not getting playing time, and he did nothing in the short stint he got recently.
    with JR Smith on the team, there's absolutely no place for him, especially if he's not 100%.

if Jefferies is hurt worse than thought, this is a good move, but why o why is Jerome Jordan not getting run?
    just don't understand, unless he blows in practice, because garbage time is the only time we see him.

we already scored with an NBA player from China doing good in the NBA,
    perhaps our scouts see something Knicks can use in the playoffs?

it never hurts to have another big in this league.

Its just so disappointing, this does most likely mean Jeffries is hurt worse then we know. One injury after another, its really too bad. I dont know if we'll be able to have a roster like this years again. I feel like if we had Lin, a healthy Amare, a healthy Jeffries we might have been able to do something this year. Where the f*cks our luck at?
    This is exactly what worries me... once all the players mesh we would be one the leagues top teams, with a very deep bench.
    Im still hopefull for a deep playoff run, I have a feeling all the players will come through and go hard in the post season.

Its hard for me to see a better roster next season.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    WTF!? Really!? My memory of Gadzuric was that he was past time long ago in GS. Jefferies must be worse than advertised, which sucks!

It's not like we needed Walker exactly, but man, he's a damn sight better than Douglas. Who, by the way, we extended @ $2M+

Quite the fan of Bill Walker, and I'm sure that Gadzuric will be an afterthought post doing absolutely **** all for us in the playoffs.

Desperate times desperate measures, I suppose.
    LOL. Walker isn't better than Douglas. Sorry. All Walker can do is shoot 3's and he hasn't even done that well this year. Douglas at least can play defense.

Dan Gadzuric is a great post player that plays smart and above the rim. He is only 34 years old and is an excellent defender and is one of the best defensive big men IMO in the past 5 years. He can rebound like Shaq and defend like Howard. Don't know why more people aren't excited.

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    Dan Gadzuric is a great post player that plays smart and above the rim. He is only 34 years old and is an excellent defender and is one of the best defensive big men IMO in the past 5 years. He can rebound like Shaq and defend like Howard. Don't know why more people aren't excited.
    Chill.. You are over advertising him....