Dan Gadzuric joins NYK, Bill Walker waived.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
This was a necessary casualty. Bill is a 2/3 , who would he get minutes from: iman,jr,landry,melo,novak?
Meanwhile if tyson or amare are in foul trouble or go down, we'll need a big experienced body up front.
thanks for the memories Billy boy

Last edited:

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
Yea lets trade bibby and rely on an injured davis and douglas in playoffs. Get real son. Billy walker wasnt going to get mins anyway.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Apparently this is all over twitter.
Walker isn't even making the trip to CLE. Gadzuric will be available for the playoffs.

I think this can only mean one thing, that Jeffries' condition is worse than it looks..

Anyhow, I would have rather them waive Bibby ... I like Bill Walker a LOT and he's gonna be missed.

http://www.nj.com/knicks/index.ssf/2012/04/knicks_adding_dan_gadzuric_dro.html
Your realize Woodson said Bibby might start because of his playoff experience...
Bibby isn't going anywhere

nyk_nyk

All Star
I don't expect much from DG but it was a move we needed since JJ has knee issues and Amare still an unknown.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
WTF!? Really!? My memory of Gadzuric was that he was past time long ago in GS. Jefferies must be worse than advertised, which sucks!

It's not like we needed Walker exactly, but man, he's a damn sight better than Douglas. Who, by the way, we extended @ $2M+ :barf:

Quite the fan of Bill Walker, and I'm sure that Gadzuric will be an afterthought post doing absolutely **** all for us in the playoffs.

Desperate times desperate measures, I suppose. :shrug:

Crazy⑧s;229241 said:
WTF!? Really!? My memory of Gadzuric was that he was past time long ago in GS. Jefferies must be worse than advertised, which sucks!

It's not like we needed Walker exactly, but man, he's a damn sight better than Douglas. Who, by the way, we extended @ $2M+ :barf:

Quite the fan of Bill Walker, and I'm sure that Gadzuric will be an afterthought post doing absolutely **** all for us in the playoffs.

Desperate times desperate measures, I suppose. :shrug:

Yeah, a damn shame we didn't pick Reggie Evans up before he joined the Clippers. Our front office always makes late moves, too late. It'S not like I'll miss Walker as a player, let's be real he's chaotic 9 times out of 10, but Dan ****ing Gadzuric??? Was no better big man available??

Guys like Evans, Martin etc. went cheap a couple of weeks ago and were up for grabs, but we insisted in keeping our roster together, only to make changes now anyway....what's the point Glen?

We could have waived Walker earlier and sign a legit backup center/forward instead of Gadzuric.....and the same goes for PG, we're left with 2 have-beens and one never-will-be. We could have traded/cut/terminated Douglas for months and sign a better backup PG like John Lucas, Walker Russel, Mike James etc.

Damn it. Sometimes our front office makes me wanna :barf:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
i guess another big body cant hurt, we actually need the extra size.

He is someone that can give us some rebounds and hard fouls..lets face it Jerome is not quite ready for serious playoff business nor is Jorts so this is a good move in my books.

Yeah, a damn shame we didn't pick Reggie Evans up before he joined the Clippers. Our front office always makes late moves, too late. It'S not like I'll miss Walker as a player, let's be real he's chaotic 9 times out of 10, but Dan ****ing Gadzuric??? Was no better big man available??

Guys like Evans, Martin etc. went cheap a couple of weeks ago and were up for grabs, but we insisted in keeping our roster together, only to make changes now anyway....what's the point Glen?

We could have waived Walker earlier and sign a legit backup center/forward instead of Gadzuric.....and the same goes for PG, we're left with 2 have-beens and one never-will-be. We could have traded/cut/terminated Douglas for months and sign a better backup PG like John Lucas, Walker Russel, Mike James etc.

Damn it. Sometimes our front office makes me wanna :barf:
If we sign keyon we don't get jr smith probably

CA7

Scoring Champ
I guess it makes sense but we could have picked up Sean Williams who could have still been playoff eligible, nonetheless we need bodies inside

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Damn, I like Walker:(. I don't know anything about Dan Gadzuric aside from him being a bid body (which I don't know if I would have known if it wasn't for this thread, I forgot).

Hope to see you back, Bill.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Damn, I like Walker:(. I don't know anything about Dan Gadzuric aside from him being a bid body (which I don't know if I would have known if it wasn't for this thread, I forgot).

Hope to see you back, Bill.
Dan is actually a solid defender in the paint, and he can give you some rebounds and maybe block/alter some shots, he has a post game as well something this team lacks besides melo. I know that signs like one hell of signing lol but don't expect anything spectacular from him though, most nights he is a bruiser in the paint giving out hard fouls.. well from last time i seen him on the court thats what i remember. Im just glad we now have a legit veteran backup center that can give chandler some decent rest time.

tiger0330

Legend
He's been playing in China so he should be in shape. Good move since Stat and JJ have injury issues, sucks that it cost Billy his job. DG is a solid defender, won't give you many points other than some putbacks and dunks.

Paul1355

All Star
Apparently this is all over twitter.
Walker isn't even making the trip to CLE. Gadzuric will be available for the playoffs.

I think this can only mean one thing, that Jeffries' condition is worse than it looks..

Anyhow, I would have rather them waive Bibby ... I like Bill Walker a LOT and he's gonna be missed.

http://www.nj.com/knicks/index.ssf/2012/04/knicks_adding_dan_gadzuric_dro.html

Bibby looks more comfortable under Woodson and knows his role and he turns over the ball less than Davis so I am fine having Bibby get minutes right now. Douglas should be waived, the guy is useless.

Anyways I feel sorry for Walker because I still think he is under rated and I think if he never got hurt this year he would of eventually had steady minutes during Fields' struggles.
Unfortunatly Skywalker needs to find a new home, watch out Miami doesn't get him, nice guy off the bench with athleticism and a 3 point shot that can get hot and torched the Heat in one game, no pun intended.

We need a big man and if the coaching staff does not trust the sluggish Josh Harrelson or the foul prone Jerome Jordan(who i think is better than people think) than getting Gadzuric is a nice pick up.

Gadzuric was a starter for the Bucks I believe and is known for his shot blocking so when Tyson comes out we have a guy with some ability to block shots and rebound and just do that. Big body with long arms and plays aggressive on defense, fine by me.