How's this roster for next year?

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
Lin's primary question mark is staying healthy......... Time will tell whether this will be his downfall..............

If Lin can stay healthy, I think he's capable of winning his team a title........ (Something I don't think is the case with Deron Williams.) He has that intangible late in games, is an excellent defensive player (those who claim otherwise haven't watched the games to realize that), and will only get stronger the next few years.

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
By shitty Lin fan base, I mean the idiots who come to the garden just to cheer for him, the media who will force feed him into stardom when it isn't healthy for the team, if Lin came without the side-show I'd be okay but his following is detrimental to team success, his hot streak was both good and bad

Side show or not, the Knicks were playing a lot better with Lin on the floor......... He also has the second-best 4th-quarter PER of any player in the entire league (only Chris Paul was better).......... Not to mention the number one reason why the Knicks made it to the post season. It would be asinine to get rid of any player who has a profoundly positive impact on his team just because of his "side show"...........

Just like Tebow coming to my Jets, Sanchez is my guy but once he fukks up guys will want Tebow for nothing more than wanting him out there because he's the new guy, same with Melo and Lin, we gotta see whats real and whats effective, Lin is a good player, Melo is an elite player but to the casual they dont see it like that
I wouldn't compare Tebow to Lin.......... Tebow is a freak of nature physically, who has had limited success with his "college-style" play...... Once he wears down a little from the NFL pounding, he'll be ineffective.

Lin on the other hand has genuine basketball skills, and more-importantly, the ability to make plays when they matter, and win games.

Its not about us sucking Melo's dick but Melo is the best player on the team, Woodson wont let Lin do whatever he wants like D'Antoni did but once Dolan see's Woodson playing someone more than Lin and his fans starting to leave little by little he will force Lin into the line-up, firing Woodson most likely and pushing the Knicks further back into NBA obscurity.
Woodson's record has been exemplary with Lin....... He's fit in with Melo just fine.........

Lin like I said is a good player BUT New York is too much of a circus for a guy who comes with a side show
Not if he keeps winning.............

Last edited:

wian

Benchwarmer
I know im from Australia, so i admit i dont have any idea on how the NBA Trades work, but what makes me sick is the lack of loyalty in this competition. Players seem to get shipped off from team to team in the blink of an eye. Its not good for team chemistry and camaraderie as far as i am concerned

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I wouldn't call Lin's fan base shitty, but they are kind of annoying tho.

I was at games where people were there, solely or him; who were getting upset that he was being taken out and rested. Did they see enough Knicks games to realize that no matter how much money they spent on tickets to go see him...he wasn't gonna play a full 48? I dunno.

It kinda reminds me of some of Tebow's following. People enamored with the person first, the team second. The QB out there not named Tebow didn't get the ball to the guy?? "WE WANT TEBOW!! WE WANT TEBOW!!" When people in Denver were collecting money to put up billboards....they had no clue that the perfect storm of situations would come up for some of those victories.

So when I'm sitting in the Garden in mid March, and the Knicks are absolutely annihilating the Raptors, there's no reason why I should be hearing groans when Melo takes a 3, and anticipation when Lin or Fields takes a 3. Last I checked, they were all wearing the Orange & Blue. Yes, I'm a Melo fan, but I never bought into the media's "Lin vs Melo" bullshit, but the Garden was populated by people who had bought in...many of whom were MOST CERTAINLY not basketball fans.

Nothing wrong with a novice/curious fan going to a game, but in all seriousness...

Knicks fans need to take the Garden back.

Enough of these weak ass factions within one fan base.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on topic:

I agree with Finestrg on Cousin and Janning, I'm not really familiar with anyone else on that list. I dunno if I would go as far as a Dragic comparison for Janning just yet, cause I was, and still am, insanely high on Goran from the beginning. I remember I was damn near condemned on here for saying that he was showing more consistent signs of being able to make an impact than Gallo was, and they were drafted 39 picks apart.

But I like Janning tho, good size, he has sneaky quickness/athleticism, his jumpshot is purer than Lin's, I think Lin might be the better playmaker right now, and there's something to be said for Lin's poise with so little NBA experience, you can't exactly measure that in a player who's not in the league.

But I would DEFINITELY snatch Janning up, and give him some mins off the bench. Low risk, high reward.

I also agree with Orangeblobman. Sometimes you have to cut your loses. I was a lot harder on STAT when MDA was still here, and he was meandering around the perimeter, and not asserting himself in the paint. I kinda eased up when Woodson took over, and we saw STAT down low a bit more.

But with arthroscopic surgery on one knee, microfracture surgery on the other, the strained back last year (which by itself is a "whatever" kinda injury), but then the fact that he added 10+ pounds of muscle to protect that back...it negatively affected his game, he loses the added weight...BOOM, now a bulging disk in his back (once again, not directly linked to the old back injury)...

I'd get slightly more nervous with him earning $19M, $21M, then $23M. If I can trade him and get Nikola Pekovic back in a deal, who would have one year of $4M left, and then you can extend him for around $9-12M per? The downside is what exactly?

Yea I know I know, no one wants his contract, etc. But sometimes all you have to do is place a phone call...I mean...I traded Wes Matthews and Spencer Hawes for Dirk, in my fantasy basketball league, early in the year. Yea, I know, it's not real life, blah blah blah, etc. The point is...people can be REALLY REALLY stupid. David Kahn is one of those people.

wian

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;229611 said:
Thanks for making the rest of us look as dopey as you are.:finger:

That's the opportune comment - "The rest of us look dopey" ... Meaning yourself of course ....

Sorry for the honesty. Why don't you read the whole comment i made and take it in context u muppet ! I was referring more to the lack of loyalty in the league if you actually read what i said.....

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
That's the opportune comment - "The rest of us look dopey" ... Meaning yourself of course ....

Sorry for the honesty. Why don't you read the whole comment i made and take it in context u muppet ! I was referring more to the lack of loyalty in the league if you actually read what i said.....

A fine use of English there, you muppet. Indirect and self misinterpreted.

Fittingly, you have some learning to be done.

http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11269&page=3

Den318

Benchwarmer
By shitty Lin fan base, I mean the idiots who come to the garden just to cheer for him, the media who will force feed him into stardom when it isn't healthy for the team, if Lin came without the side-show I'd be okay but his following is detrimental to team success, his hot streak was both good and bad

Just like Tebow coming to my Jets, Sanchez is my guy but once he fukks up guys will want Tebow for nothing more than wanting him out there because he's the new guy, same with Melo and Lin, we gotta see whats real and whats effective, Lin is a good player, Melo is an elite player but to the casual they dont see it like that

Basketball wise trading Lin at this point is a great move most competent GM's make, like how Elway traded Tebow and got a seasoned veteran

Its not about us sucking Melo's dick but Melo is the best player on the team, Woodson wont let Lin do whatever he wants like D'Antoni did but once Dolan see's Woodson playing someone more than Lin and his fans starting to leave little by little he will force Lin into the line-up, firing Woodson most likely and pushing the Knicks further back into NBA obscurity.

Lin like I said is a good player BUT New York is too much of a circus for a guy who comes with a side show

Also RJ or Rady can we please get guys to calm down with the "sucking Melo's dick" they can bash us for liking Melo's game more than others but I aint a faggot and I dont suck dick and no internet buster is gonna hide behind his computer and say that to me

Nothing more shitty and annoying than Melo fans. Anyone that dare make Melo look bad or take away his alpha dog status will be trashed by stupid Melo fan like you. Let's trade away Amare, Lin, Tyson so Melo can look good all by himself. You can go cheer him every night :peace::peace::peace:

Kiyaman

Legend

Basketball wise trading Lin at this point is a great move most competent GM's make, like how Elway traded Tebow and got a seasoned veteran

Also RJ or Rady can we please get guys to calm down with the "sucking Melo's dick" they can bash us for liking Melo's game more than others but I aint a faggot and I dont suck dick and no internet buster is gonna hide behind his computer and say that to me

CA7....the truth of your ranting has to be about the Knicks teammates starting the Lin-Sanity fan base.
Tyson Chandler, Jefferies, Fields, and Shump put out 110% hardnose EFFORT with "Lin-Sanity" as their floor leader, while these same teammates only put out 70% of their effort for our big-ego Dantoni, Melo, and Stat (who only came to NY for the money $$$.). Lets not forget.

Your ranting show little knowledge of the politics Lin-Sanity added to this Knicks organization and NBA. Do not forget....Lin's strong fan-base grew as the Knicks winning percentage grew.... 1-9 without Lin, 8-2 with Lin....do the math, results like that is a wake-up call.

Lin's biggest fan-base happen to be the players on the Knicks roster :thumbsup:

fender0577

Rotation player
Wow!!I came in this thread to give my opinion on what direction, the team should go next year, and it's turned into a LIN vs MELO thread, SMDH.They both rock the ORANGE AND BLUE, the last time i checked.We are winning games, and this is all we can talk about, i'm starting to feel like, i'm in here with a bunch of children.

Kiyaman

Legend
I was just imagining a frontcourt lineup of:

Tyson Chandler
Stat
Big-Baby Davis
Melo

These 4 bigmen would score in the paint & rebound over 80% of the teams in the league.

I like Shumpert his future shows a "James Harden" in 3 to 5 season if he keep-up with the hard work ethic however, I'd rather we had select the NBA-Ready hang-time "Kenneth Faried" with that draft pick. Faried skills were already intensified for the NBA (little teaching was needed), Faried NCAA skills were that of a double-double 3rd season NBA bigman.
The money the Knicks spent on Josh Harrellson couldve been spent on buying Shumpert or Isaiah Thomas.

Signing Tyson Chandler had to be the best (#1) move the Knicks made in the past
decade....Tyson, Stat, Melo, and Faried are a Frontcourt rotation made to contend
several times in the FINALS...

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
Lin's primary question mark is staying healthy......... Time will tell whether this will be his downfall..............
Shumpert, playing for Georgia Tech, had the same meniscus surgery back in Dec, '09 and returned to play in less than a month. Knicks still drafted him in the 1st round in 2011. Younger players tend to recover well from this type of injuries.

Benchwarmer
...if Lin came without the side-show I'd be okay but his following is detrimental to team success, his hot streak was both good and bad...
Well, we all have opinions, don't we.
And, they all stink!
:mrgreen: hee-hee-hee

Seriously, I do kind of understand that the game and the team are
the most important factors (besides winning!). But, I will never
understand why it bothers some people when one particular
player is adored by fans. Whether or not these fans are "legitimate"
basketball or Knicks fans. What difference does it make in the
bigger scheme of things? And, I really don't see what harm these
fans brought to the game. The Knicks still won games, didn't they?

You know, I noticed that many of the players have "appreciation"
threads on this forum except Jeremy Lin.

I know someone else already said racism does not show up on
this forum. (AND, I'm not calling you a racist, CA7, so don't think
that). But, clearly, and though Lin has been real good for the
Knicks this season, I don't think he'll ever be taken seriously.

I will never mention this again on this thread or on this forum.
I just had to get this off my chest since we were having this
discussion.

skisloper

Starter
Well, we all have opinions, don't we.
And, they all stink!
:mrgreen: hee-hee-hee

Seriously, I do kind of understand that the game and the team are
the most important factors (besides winning!). But, I will never
understand why it bothers some people when one particular
player is adored by fans. Whether or not these fans are "legitimate"
basketball or Knicks fans. What difference does it make in the
bigger scheme of things? And, I really don't see what harm these
fans brought to the game. The Knicks still won games, didn't they?

You know, I noticed that many of the players have "appreciation"
threads on this forum except Jeremy Lin.

I know someone else already said racism does not show up on
this forum. (AND, I'm not calling you a racist, CA7, so don't think
that). But, clearly, and though Lin has been real good for the
Knicks this season, I don't think he'll ever be taken seriously.

I will never mention this again on this thread or on this forum.
I just had to get this off my chest since we were having this
discussion.

Because during the winning streak when the Knicks were up by alot the crowd would be chanting " We Want LIN " .......Now with the Knicks being up by alot and LIN finally getting some rest the " Non-BBall LIN Fans " wanted LIN back in the game rather then appreciate him sitting and resting for the next game...situations like that make a mockery of the Game itself.

metrocard

Legend
Hopefully we can strive higher. We'll see what develops. What we do in the playoffs will determine everything for our off season transaction.

p0nder

Starter
Oh wow. some awesome stuff going on in this thread. :D lol!

First: "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nuckles2k2 again."

Dude was spot on about how the fans need to take back the garden and fake ball fans going there to cheer for lin or melo vs cheering for the knicks makes it suck.

2nd STAT won't be traded. He is not a mistake. He is our $100 million dollar man. The guy is having some back issues lately but he has also shown that he;s got what it takes to give us 20 & 10 against playoff caliber teams. He has improved his defense under Woodson tremendously and is capable of taking us to the next level in the playoffs. I wouldn't be so quick to put STAT out to pasture just because things haven't gone to the script this year. I certainly think he's worth more then pekovic and beasly.

3rd:
This town aint big enough for 5 great starters who function together!!
LMFAO

and in conclusion:

Hopefully we can strive higher. We'll see what develops. What we do in the playoffs will determine everything for our off season transaction.

If we get to the finals with this team will you guys still be so quick to blow it up? OP doesn't have a single current Knick on his bench outside of douglas??? Will this team really be THAT different next year? I think people should temper their expectations on the trade front because it really seems to be so far fetched that a person can't really take this seriously.

Also on the Melo/Lin/PlayerX fans vs. Knicks fans: As long as they don the O&B we're good. But it can get pretty annoying to "Knicks fans" To have to hear about how "PlayerX" is going to take the Knicks to the ECF/Fnials/Moon"... Basketball is a team sport. No one player EVER took the a TEAM anywhere without the unit working together.

Not Kobe
Not MJ
not Shaq
not Magic
Not Bird
Not Kareem
Not Bill Russell
Not ANYONE

Ball is a team sport and requires cohesion and team work to succeed. All Lin-sane folks and "Melosexuals" should chill on that talk.

finestrg

Rotation player
I tell ya, Orangeblobman's trade proposal with Minny really isn't that bad, man, on several levels. Think about it for a sec: We'd be getting 3 players much younger than Amar'e: Beasley, the jewel of the deal on our end, by 7 yrs; Pekovic by about 4 and Darko by about 3. That's A. And all contracts, on their own individually, would be much more manageable than Amar'e's by itself. I love Amar'e but his injury history (bad back 2 yrs in a row now) at his salary together with the fact that we already used the amnesty clause on Billups -- all concerns moving forward. There's no denying that..

B: Beasley's mins are down by about 10 this yr --- last yr in about 10 more mins per game, he averaged 19.5 ppg on 45% FG. That's all-star caliber...And I don't even think that's his ceiling..Always been solid from 3 too -- this yr he's shooting over 38% from 3. The man's young & supremely talented, simple as that. I think he gets a bum rap with the marijuana history and how he was basically just given to Minny as some afterthought in a deal Miami made to get under the cap in order to unite their "big 3" but the man can play. The monster rebounding at K-State hasn't transferred over to the NBA for whatever reason(s) and maybe never will but all in all, the man still has a bright future in this league. Extremely bright imo.

Pekovic, to me, is the player we all hoped Mozgov would've been but wasn't. Very solid, fundemental big man..Dude's very crafty with his back to the basket on the block out to about 10' (his offensive game reminds me of Luis Scola's a little bit with the variety of hook-shots, drop steps, etc. all with a soft touch..Difference is this guy's a little bigger than Scola and a little less agile but the offensive repertoire on the block is very similar. Dude could be a MAJOR scoring threat 7-8' and in if utilized properly). Plus, I like how, unlike Amar'e, he'd be anchored down low for the most part, leaving Melo more room to operate and do his thing in the mid-range out to 3 (which appears to be a big issue with him). Not saying Melo/Amar'e can't work -- I think it can -- but in this hypothetical, as long as we could replace Amar'e offense elsewhere, I think Pekovic's the better fit next to Melo. Pekovic next to Chandler would concern me a little bit but I think Woody could make that work..

Darko's a throwaway in this deal for us but if Minny ever called with this offer, I don't think you hang the phone up on them...I'd actually listen and expand it to better suit my needs. How's this: to truly get me interested, I think instead of Darko, I'd want Wayne Ellington along with cash to balance the books. Ellington hasn't done much on that team yet but I think he's talented. He's taken even more of a back seat this yr for whatever reason (that team is very crowded out on the wing which probably has a lot to do with it). It's all hypothetical, I get that, but just to play along -- say if Fields and JR Smith bolted in FA, Ellington coming back in this trade would play a major role here -- I think he's a player we could steal in this trade..He'd come in here & be my starting 2G. I think the guy compares very favorably to the Kings' Marcus Thornton talent-wise. If Ellington got the same PT as Thornton with the same amount of touches, I think you'd see similar production. Probably more of a pure shooter than Thornton too. Ellington's also very young btw -- I think he's only 24. So that's appealing..In order to get Ellington back in this deal, I'd even be willing to include Jerome Jordan, Toney Douglas and/or whoever we drafted in the 2nd round this summer as a sweetener.

The original proposal would definitely get my attention but this one including Ellington might actually get me to pull the trigger. My first thought was that there's no way Minny would assume the risk of trading for STAT but hey man, maybe they would. In order to get that kind of marquee name, that kind of star power, maybe they do it. I mean, STAT was an MVP candidate last yr for most of the season, wasn't he (part of the reason I like him and still think he could work out here btw)? How STAT would react to getting traded there (let's face it -- nobody's trading for a player that's adamant about not going there) and how he would really fit in next to K-Love are legit concerns but maybe they'd feel they could make it all work...Amar'e would certainly sell tickets and generate revenue out there..Bottom line: Beasley/Pekovic/Wayne Ellington and cash for Amar'e Stoudemire or say STAT/Jerome Jordan --- I think I do that deal and keep in mind, I'm a big Amar'e fan.

Last edited: