Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Knicks @ Hawks 04/22

WOW, playoff intensity game, it all starts next Saturday, can't wait.

Can't lie amare was a beast today but if Woodson wants to keep that intensity he's gonna have to bring amare off the bench. Tyson needs his space in the paint also since he's our best rebounder and defender. I hope I'm wrong though.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Can't lie amare was a beast today but if Woodson wants to keep that intensity he's gonna have to bring amare off the bench. Tyson needs his space in the paint also since he's our best rebounder and defender. I hope I'm wrong though.
    He sure as hell wasnt anything close to a beast on defense..

That was BY FAR the best game I've seen Stat play in a Knicks uniform........... He looked like the Stat who played for the Suns...........

If Stat can play like that in the first round, the Knicks will have a chance, Lin or no Lin.

Fields was amazing this game...
    maybe it's because the lack of the ATL defense.. but I hope his struggle up until now was a phase, and he'll continue his game.

Player of the Game...

Veteran

Stat was playing C. We had a run with Melo at the 4, maybe that's a lineup Woody has to work in Stat at C and Melo at the 4.

Am I the only who thought STAT was awful on defense?
    Or are we pulling some double edge bull**** with STAT just being an offensive player and not givin a f*ck about defense because im almost positive alot of people hated Melo for that exact reason.

If this game was the best you've seen of any player than im sorry thats wrong.
    Today we just happened to suck less than the Hawks.

0 Defense from anyone. Marvin Williams, YEAH EXACTLY MARVIN WILLIAMS dropped 29 on our ***** asses. JR chucked the living hell out of the ball today. Melo was good offensively but deserves the same blame as STAT, could have been a whole hell of alot better.

Dont get me wrong, this was a good win for the teams sake but a **** win for a improvement aspect.

I don't think anyone is denying Amare was Amare on defense

sweaty balls!

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    I don't think anyone is denying Amare was Amare on defense
    When I read statements such as "STAT was a beast today" and "this was the best ive seen STAT in a Knicks uniform"
    It leads me to believe people are taking about offense and defense

Originally Posted by tkrieger
    That was BY FAR the best game I've seen Stat play in a Knicks uniform........... He looked like the Stat who played for the Suns...........

If Stat can play like that in the first round, the Knicks will have a chance, Lin or no Lin.
    Baron had great chemistry with amare today and that's why we saw the PHX version. Still, you can't discount the amount he'll give up on the other end. If Bosh or Boozer is gonna drop 25+ then it's a moot point.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Baron had great chemistry with amare today and that's why we saw the PHX version. Still, you can't discount the amount he'll give up on the other end. If Bosh or Boozer is gonna drop 25+ then it's a moot point.
    My point exactly.

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Am I the only who thought STAT was awful on defense?
    Or are we pulling some double edge bull**** with STAT just being an offensive player and not givin a f*ck about defense because im almost positive alot of people hated Melo for that exact reason.

If this game was the best you've seen of any player than im sorry thats wrong.
    Today we just happened to suck less than the Hawks.

0 Defense from anyone. Marvin Williams, YEAH EXACTLY MARVIN WILLIAMS dropped 29 on our ***** asses. JR chucked the living hell out of the ball today. Melo was good offensively but deserves the same blame as STAT, could have been a whole hell of alot better.

Dont get me wrong, this was a good win for the teams sake but a **** win for a improvement aspect.
    By "beast" I meant aggressiveness with scoring. I totally agree with everything you said though.

man, what a great win! to all the STAT haters, you gotta eat some crow, the man came alive and saved the game with DEFENSE! he looks like he's back to where he was before last injury, and his dee will improve along with his o.

a main reason you can't have STAT coming off the bench is because he's a pick and roll machine, who's gonna feed him off the bench? Tony "no dime" Douglas? Melo is one of the best passers on the team, he is going to work out fine with STAT in the starting lineup. you have to play your best players in the starting lineup, period. STAT, CHANDLER, MELO, FIELDS, BO DIDDLY.

Fields (hopefully) had a return to form game today, actually hitting 3 three's in a row? that's gotta be a record for him, especially this year. If Al Houston's been working with him, more power to us all!

Junior Swish, although not having a good offensive swish party today, played some good dee, made some key assists and steals. one of the best bench players in the league.

Shumpert showed he can start if need be, i think it's a tossup between him and Fields, unless Laundry's not folding aggressively.

Bo Diddly vs Bib Diddy, ya gotta go with old man Baron. his PG skills are better, and that last 3 was key!

Atlanta had an exceptional shooting night, sometimes those games are hard to overcome, unless you've got someone just as hot, and our MELO fellow in yellow is one of the hottest players in the league right now, he's hard to watch when he keeps shooting and missing, but he's a joy to have when hitting those 3's at the end of games. One of the best players in the NBA, proving it night after night. He will be the deciding factor in the playoffs.

a GREAT game, esp with defensive player of the year (IMHO) on the bench.
    a well-deserved win. props to Wood Son! props to STAT! props to MELO!

YES!

btw: seems to less and less forum posters... could it be the Lin lovers have lost interest now that Jeremy is out officially? weird...