Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Knicks @ Hawks 04/22

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    When I read statements such as "STAT was a beast today" and "this was the best ive seen STAT in a Knicks uniform"
    It leads me to believe people are taking about offense and defense
    Stat wasn't perfect, and yes, he's not exactly a stellar defender, but he was doing something he was never doing in prior Knicks games- Keeping the Hawks off the offensive boards........ That was my main complaint about Stat- Prior to this game, when he played, the Knicks were getting KILLED on the boards........

This was the first game without Chandler that I can recall in which the Knicks outrebounded the opposition.

Veteran

Originally Posted by tkrieger
    Stat wasn't perfect, and yes, he's not exactly a stellar defender, but he was doing something he was never doing in prior Knicks games- Keeping the Hawks off the offensive boards........ That was my main complaint about Stat- Prior to this game, when he played, the Knicks were getting KILLED on the boards........

This was the first game without Chandler that I can recall in which the Knicks outrebounded the opposition.
    Marvin Harris blowing right by him to almost lose the game was not pretty....Lets just hope we have the Stat that was the Stat in the first playoff game against the Celtics last year....

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    btw: seems to less and less forum posters... could it be the Lin lovers have lost interest now that Jeremy is out officially? weird...
    I'm a Lin lover, but I still have hope that this team can somehow get past the first round........ This last game shows promise that it might happen, albeit still very unlikely.

The one thing Lin would bring is perimeter and team defense....... The single biggest myth right now is the claim that Lin can't play defense. I think he's comparable to Shumpert as a defender. Lin is one of only few players capable of recovering after being beat off the dribble, and still disrupt the play. (The potential "help" defenders can then stay with their man.) He also had the best perimeter defensive rotation on the team. I don't think the Hawks would have been nearly as effective beyond the arc.

If Lin were to play with the Stat that played today, the Knicks could REALLY be dangerous.

Veteran

I'm a Lin lover, but I still have hope that this team can somehow get past the first round........ This last game shows promise that it might happen, albeit still very unlikely.

The one thing Lin would bring is perimeter and team defense....... The single biggest myth right now is the claim that Lin can't play defense. I think he's comparable to Shumpert as a defender. Lin is one of only few players capable of recovering after being beat off the dribble, and still disrupt the play. (The potential "help" defenders can then stay with their man.) He also had the best perimeter defensive rotation on the team. I don't think the Hawks would have been nearly as effective beyond the arc.

If Lin were to play with the Stat that played today, the Knicks could REALLY be dangerous.

Lin is NOT comparable to Shump as a defender. Yes Lin can hold is own but Shumpert is becoming an all NBA defender....And NO he does not the best perimeter rotation......Let LIN play a full season and then pass judgement.....I think he will be a solid player and should be the Knicks PG next year....But dont be silly.

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Marvin Harris blowing right by him to almost lose the game was not pretty....Lets just hope we have the Stat that was the Stat in the first playoff game against the Celtics last year....
    The help defense was also caught sleeping........ I do think had there been at least 0.3 more seconds on the clock, that same play would have resulted in a foul call. And yes, Stat would have been the goat.

But had Stat played like he did earlier in the season, the Hawks would have blown out the Knicks. That was my point.

Lin is NOT comparable to Shump as a defender. Yes Lin can hold is own but Shumpert is becoming an all NBA defender....And NO he does not the best perimeter rotation......Let LIN play a full season and then pass judgement.....I think he will be a solid player and should be the Knicks PG next year....But dont be silly.
    Watch the YouTube of the full games......... I think Lin has been discounted as a defender because nobody pays attention to his play at that end of the floor.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I think it was a fun game to watch.

We didn't play great, but we played ok I think.

The Hawks weren't exactly stellar either.

A good win in the end....let's hope the impossible happens and Orlando lose them all....

btw: Teague was getting on my last damn nerve. I wish Amar'E would have knocked the **** out of him, just like Artest just did with Harden

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    btw: Teague was getting on my last damn nerve. I wish Amar'E would have knocked the **** out of him, just like Artest just did with Harden
    This is the type of player we'd love if he played for our team............

****ing Ron man...

Veteran

Watch the YouTube of the full games......... I think Lin has been discounted as a defender because nobody pays attention to his play at that end of the floor.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Like I said LIN can hold his own and is a good defender but he is not comparable to Shumpert as a defender.....Do not let your love for LIn interfere with your judging a basketball player.....Sumpert on most NBA teams would be their go to defender.....The guys size and quickness are golden.

As for your comment about Teague.....YES we have a small balsy player his name is LIN and YES we love him.

The thing I liked today was everyone was physical, they played bully ball and thats gonna be what puts us over Miami

I hope Melo and STAT dont act like friends with Little 3, I want that fire I seen tonight, Melo and STAT took a huge step in their games especially playing off of eachother today

Also both had double-doubles

Eastern Conference..........watch out

If we run the offense exclusively threw Melo and Stat and let the other players feed off of them,then our team is unstoppable.Melo was jackin it up and it almost had no effect on Amare on offense.we need to play like this and stop all the rest of our players from trying to create of the dribble and just play off of our 2 stars.For christ sakes if Fields haves a good game then that gameplan must have worked.

Veteran

Originally Posted by CA7
    The thing I liked today was everyone was physical, they played bully ball and thats gonna be what puts us over Miami

I hope Melo and STAT dont act like friends with Little 3, I want that fire I seen tonight, Melo and STAT took a huge step in their games especially playing off of eachother today

Also both had double-doubles

Eastern Conference..........watch out
    Thats not Stat's style....Playoff time he wants to be the man and can give a crap about his buddies on the Heat.....its EGO time for Stat and he always steps up....

Melo was getting mauled all day long.

Anyone got any videos of the non call fouls on him?

Thats not Stat's style....Playoff time he wants to be the man and can give a crap about his buddies on the Heat.....its EGO time for Stat and he always steps up....
    Just like how he sat against Boston in the playoffs.. always steps up