Game Thread: Knicks @ Hawks 04/22

Player of the Game...

357hock.gif

tiger0330

Legend
Stat was playing C. We had a run with Melo at the 4, maybe that's a lineup Woody has to work in Stat at C and Melo at the 4.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Am I the only who thought STAT was awful on defense?
Or are we pulling some double edge bullshit with STAT just being an offensive player and not givin a f*ck about defense because im almost positive alot of people hated Melo for that exact reason.

If this game was the best you've seen of any player than im sorry thats wrong.
Today we just happened to suck less than the Hawks.

0 Defense from anyone. Marvin Williams, YEAH EXACTLY MARVIN WILLIAMS dropped 29 on our pussy asses. JR chucked the living hell out of the ball today. Melo was good offensively but deserves the same blame as STAT, could have been a whole hell of alot better.

Dont get me wrong, this was a good win for the teams sake but a shit win for a improvement aspect.

nyk_nyk

All Star
That was BY FAR the best game I've seen Stat play in a Knicks uniform........... He looked like the Stat who played for the Suns...........

If Stat can play like that in the first round, the Knicks will have a chance, Lin or no Lin.

Baron had great chemistry with amare today and that's why we saw the PHX version. Still, you can't discount the amount he'll give up on the other end. If Bosh or Boozer is gonna drop 25+ then it's a moot point.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Baron had great chemistry with amare today and that's why we saw the PHX version. Still, you can't discount the amount he'll give up on the other end. If Bosh or Boozer is gonna drop 25+ then it's a moot point.
My point exactly.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Am I the only who thought STAT was awful on defense?
Or are we pulling some double edge bullshit with STAT just being an offensive player and not givin a f*ck about defense because im almost positive alot of people hated Melo for that exact reason.

If this game was the best you've seen of any player than im sorry thats wrong.
Today we just happened to suck less than the Hawks.

0 Defense from anyone. Marvin Williams, YEAH EXACTLY MARVIN WILLIAMS dropped 29 on our pussy asses. JR chucked the living hell out of the ball today. Melo was good offensively but deserves the same blame as STAT, could have been a whole hell of alot better.

Dont get me wrong, this was a good win for the teams sake but a shit win for a improvement aspect.

By "beast" I meant aggressiveness with scoring. I totally agree with everything you said though.

CoolClyde

man, what a great win! to all the STAT haters, you gotta eat some crow, the man came alive and saved the game with DEFENSE! he looks like he's back to where he was before last injury, and his dee will improve along with his o.

a main reason you can't have STAT coming off the bench is because he's a pick and roll machine, who's gonna feed him off the bench? Tony "no dime" Douglas? Melo is one of the best passers on the team, he is going to work out fine with STAT in the starting lineup. you have to play your best players in the starting lineup, period. STAT, CHANDLER, MELO, FIELDS, BO DIDDLY.

Fields (hopefully) had a return to form game today, actually hitting 3 three's in a row? that's gotta be a record for him, especially this year. If Al Houston's been working with him, more power to us all!

Junior Swish, although not having a good offensive swish party today, played some good dee, made some key assists and steals. one of the best bench players in the league.

Shumpert showed he can start if need be, i think it's a tossup between him and Fields, unless Laundry's not folding aggressively.

Bo Diddly vs Bib Diddy, ya gotta go with old man Baron. his PG skills are better, and that last 3 was key!

Atlanta had an exceptional shooting night, sometimes those games are hard to overcome, unless you've got someone just as hot, and our MELO fellow in yellow is one of the hottest players in the league right now, he's hard to watch when he keeps shooting and missing, but he's a joy to have when hitting those 3's at the end of games. One of the best players in the NBA, proving it night after night. He will be the deciding factor in the playoffs.

a GREAT game, esp with defensive player of the year (IMHO) on the bench.
a well-deserved win. props to Wood Son! props to STAT! props to MELO!

YES!
:gony:

btw: seems to less and less forum posters... could it be the Lin lovers have lost interest now that Jeremy is out officially? weird...

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
When I read statements such as "STAT was a beast today" and "this was the best ive seen STAT in a Knicks uniform"
It leads me to believe people are taking about offense and defense :thumbsup:
Stat wasn't perfect, and yes, he's not exactly a stellar defender, but he was doing something he was never doing in prior Knicks games- Keeping the Hawks off the offensive boards........ That was my main complaint about Stat- Prior to this game, when he played, the Knicks were getting KILLED on the boards........

This was the first game without Chandler that I can recall in which the Knicks outrebounded the opposition.

skisloper

Starter
Stat wasn't perfect, and yes, he's not exactly a stellar defender, but he was doing something he was never doing in prior Knicks games- Keeping the Hawks off the offensive boards........ That was my main complaint about Stat- Prior to this game, when he played, the Knicks were getting KILLED on the boards........

This was the first game without Chandler that I can recall in which the Knicks outrebounded the opposition.

Marvin Harris blowing right by him to almost lose the game was not pretty....Lets just hope we have the Stat that was the Stat in the first playoff game against the Celtics last year....

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
btw: seems to less and less forum posters... could it be the Lin lovers have lost interest now that Jeremy is out officially? weird...
I'm a Lin lover, but I still have hope that this team can somehow get past the first round........ This last game shows promise that it might happen, albeit still very unlikely.

The one thing Lin would bring is perimeter and team defense....... The single biggest myth right now is the claim that Lin can't play defense. I think he's comparable to Shumpert as a defender. Lin is one of only few players capable of recovering after being beat off the dribble, and still disrupt the play. (The potential "help" defenders can then stay with their man.) He also had the best perimeter defensive rotation on the team. I don't think the Hawks would have been nearly as effective beyond the arc.

If Lin were to play with the Stat that played today, the Knicks could REALLY be dangerous.

skisloper

Starter
I'm a Lin lover, but I still have hope that this team can somehow get past the first round........ This last game shows promise that it might happen, albeit still very unlikely.

The one thing Lin would bring is perimeter and team defense....... The single biggest myth right now is the claim that Lin can't play defense. I think he's comparable to Shumpert as a defender. Lin is one of only few players capable of recovering after being beat off the dribble, and still disrupt the play. (The potential "help" defenders can then stay with their man.) He also had the best perimeter defensive rotation on the team. I don't think the Hawks would have been nearly as effective beyond the arc.

If Lin were to play with the Stat that played today, the Knicks could REALLY be dangerous.

Lin is NOT comparable to Shump as a defender. Yes Lin can hold is own but Shumpert is becoming an all NBA defender....And NO he does not the best perimeter rotation......Let LIN play a full season and then pass judgement.....I think he will be a solid player and should be the Knicks PG next year....But dont be silly.

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
Marvin Harris blowing right by him to almost lose the game was not pretty....Lets just hope we have the Stat that was the Stat in the first playoff game against the Celtics last year....
The help defense was also caught sleeping........ I do think had there been at least 0.3 more seconds on the clock, that same play would have resulted in a foul call. And yes, Stat would have been the goat.

But had Stat played like he did earlier in the season, the Hawks would have blown out the Knicks. That was my point.

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
Lin is NOT comparable to Shump as a defender. Yes Lin can hold is own but Shumpert is becoming an all NBA defender....And NO he does not the best perimeter rotation......Let LIN play a full season and then pass judgement.....I think he will be a solid player and should be the Knicks PG next year....But dont be silly.
Watch the YouTube of the full games......... I think Lin has been discounted as a defender because nobody pays attention to his play at that end of the floor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRmfwKxqe4Q

I think it was a fun game to watch.

We didn't play great, but we played ok I think.

The Hawks weren't exactly stellar either.

A good win in the end....let's hope the impossible happens and Orlando lose them all....:crossfingers:

btw: Teague was getting on my last damn nerve. I wish Amar'E would have knocked the shit out of him, just like Artest just did with Harden :teeth:

skisloper

Starter
Watch the YouTube of the full games......... I think Lin has been discounted as a defender because nobody pays attention to his play at that end of the floor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRmfwKxqe4Q

Like I said LIN can hold his own and is a good defender but he is not comparable to Shumpert as a defender.....Do not let your love for LIn interfere with your judging a basketball player.....Sumpert on most NBA teams would be their go to defender.....The guys size and quickness are golden.

As for your comment about Teague.....YES we have a small balsy player his name is LIN and YES we love him.