Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: Amare and Melo

  1. #1
    Member goldenchild1688's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    201
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Amare and Melo coexisting. Benching STAT is necessary?? SMH

    I love how the same media who acted as if we were better without Melo months ago are now turning their sights to Melo and Amare not being able to co-exist.

    Disregard we we were one of the top offensive teams in the league last yr after the Melo trade and now 7-2 after a coaching change this season with Amare. To create a story they use a early part of the season in which the TEAM as a whole struggled before Woodson.

    If your gonna push an unfounded argument to sell a story tell both sides. but then again if they do there is no story lol

    If anyone is a hindrance in my opinion to Amare's game its Chandler because he doesn't free up the paint. Amare has always been use to having a stretch the floor big which gave him a free path now he has to adjust his game and learn to play while sharing the paint more.

    Even still there is no sign showing that this team when healthy can't work. I just hate how they rush to create a story and omit blatant rebuttals as if there is none.

    One sided journalism at its best. They did it to Melo, inferred the same thing with Wade when Miami prospered without him, even Kobe now Amare. None of those teams realistically esepcially LA and Miami are legit threats to win a title without those respective players.

    We struggled at times because there wasn't a legit number 2 scoring option with Lin and Amare sidelined. JR is boom or bust to often to be a reliable 2.

    Amare's return in my opinion was much needed and him coming off the bench in my opinion is ridiculous like they inferred during halftime on ABC. They and others have talked about having him off the floor as much as possible while Melo is playing. By that logic what sense would it make to then send him out there in crunch time with Melo if they cant co exist to that point? Stat is really better riding the pine late in games? smh
    Last edited by goldenchild1688; Apr 22, 2012 at 19:01.

  2. #2
    Member BananaSauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    369
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    what worst is the people/fans who actually follows those type of garbage media.

  3. #3
    Member goldenchild1688's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    201
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by BananaSauce
    what worst is the people/fans who actually follows those type of garbage media.
    exactly too many people buy into the bs without formulating an opinion for themselves then we all who know better get into pointless and stupid arguments defending the latter

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,678
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by goldenchild1688
    I love how the same media who acted as if we were better without Melo months ago are now turning their sights to Melo and Amare not being able to co-exist.

    Disregard we we were one of the top offensive teams in the league last yr after the Melo trade and now 7-2 after a coaching change this season with Amare. To create a story they use a early part of the season in which the TEAM as a whole struggled before Woodson.

    If your gonna push an unfounded argument to sell a story tell both sides. but then again if they do there is no story lol

    If anyone is a hindrance in my opinion to Amare's game its Chandler because he doesn't free up the paint. Amare has always been use to having a stretch the floor big which gave him a free path now he has to adjust his game and learn to play while sharing the paint more.

    Even still there is no sign showing that this team when healthy can't work. I just hate how they rush to create a story and omit blatant rebuttals as if there is none.

    One sided journalism at its best. They did it to Melo, inferred the same thing with Wade when Miami prospered without him, even Kobe now Amare. None of those teams realistically esepcially LA and Miami are legit threats to win a title without those respective players.

    We struggled at times because there wasn't a legit number 2 scoring option with Lin and Amare sidelined. JR is boom or bust to often to be a reliable 2.

    Amare's return in my opinion was much needed and him coming off the bench in my opinion is ridiculous like they inferred during halftime on ABC smh
    So far we have very rarely seen Melo and Stat gelling.....
    Yes Dantonio sucked, Injuries, Chandler clogs the middle but no matter what the reason we still have not seen that........a great article in the post spoke about how Melo still tries to hard to feel Stat the ball instead of just playing his game.....Kudos to Melo for that.........

    Zach Randolph if I am not mistaken has been coming off the bench for Memphis.....Still playing as much as anyone and although he does not have career numbers he they are a winning team and he is a big part of it....

    Not a crazy idea to have Stat come off the bench.....Melo as the PF has worked so well....and we know when Chandler comes out Stat would a good 5 as he was last year,,,,,,,,,

    I have confidence that Woodson will not pull a Dantonio and do what needs to be done to win....If its not working in the game he will make the neccessary changes and not follow the stubborn ways for Dantonio

  5. #5
    Member goldenchild1688's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    201
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    So far we have very rarely seen Melo and Stat gelling.....
    Yes Dantonio sucked, Injuries, Chandler clogs the middle but no matter what the reason we still have not seen that........a great article in the post spoke about how Melo still tries to hard to feel Stat the ball instead of just playing his game.....Kudos to Melo for that.........

    Zach Randolph if I am not mistaken has been coming off the bench for Memphis.....Still playing as much as anyone and although he does not have career numbers he they are a winning team and he is a big part of it....

    Not a crazy idea to have Stat come off the bench.....Melo as the PF has worked so well....and we know when Chandler comes out Stat would a good 5 as he was last year,,,,,,,,,

    I have confidence that Woodson will not pull a Dantonio and do what needs to be done to win....If its not working in the game he will make the neccessary changes and not follow the stubborn ways for Dantonio
    rarely?

    an entire half of season is rarely, that's a bit of a stretch. If in your opinion there isnt enough to say they can co exist then theres isn't enough to say other wise which doesn't refute my point towards the media and their constant premature reports, it only supports it.

    like I said there was no complaints with this offense last season as we were among the best in the league even after the trade went down. All everyone talked about was our defense.

    those same people are not only saying he should be on the bench but a large part of it is because they were arguing its impossible for them to co exist entirely and were better off without him.

    its ridiculous, those that want him on the bench really think were better off without him entirely and have said so but for now are stuck with him and have to do something. that is crazy and the point of the thread


    there is little to no comparison between his situation and Randolphs. Zach missed a large part of the year and admittedly returned with of course conditioning issues and was somewhat out of shape according to reports. Zach has never been the most fit athlete. He is also playing with their franchise player Gay who missed pretty much the yr last yr while Zach the guy on the bench, dominated, not hindered his team. Everyone before this yr said Gay would ruin chemistry after they made a great run last yr and should be traded or benched and would mess things up. Now looked what happened? lol more examples of the media throwing things out their ass

    Gay is back at the forefront and who knows what would've happened if Zach had been healthy all yr but they were both anticipating on starting together. Neither player has been able to really start together due to injuries

    He like you said doesn't start ala how my Spurs also use to use Ginobli but plays starter minutes. that was to bolster a team that had absolutely no fire power off the bench which isn't the case for us. Ginobli was still one of our key go to guys and played all the crucial minutes.

    So you put him on the bench then let him play in the crucial 4th quarter but don't think they can co exist? You don't trust a guy to start a game but want him out there closing with a guy you claim he cant play with????

    Randolph as you admit is a BIG part of their success as he was last year. Is that possible for a player to do who doesn't fit in or co exist with his teammates? especially Gay who he has played well with late in games, when it counts? I don't think so. Thats what their saying about Stat

    And him playing the Randolph role is your assertion not the medias. They for the most part want him with that 2nd unit and NOT on the floor with Melo. Its to avoid them playing together so yall have 2 entirely different points. So even if you don't agree with me you
    don't agree with them either lol.

    We struggled in more then a few games looking for a 2nd option to alleviate pressure off of Melo. Amare more then fits that bill
    Last edited by goldenchild1688; Apr 22, 2012 at 19:05.

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,678
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by goldenchild1688
    rarely?

    an entire half of season is rarely, that's a bit of a stretch. If in your opinion there isnt enough to say they can co exist then theres isn't enough to say other wise which doesn't refute my point towards the media and their constant premature reports, it only supports it.

    like I said there was no complaints with this offense last season as we were among the best in the league even after the trade went down. All everyone talked about was our defense.

    those same people are not only saying he should be on the bench but a large part of it is because they were arguing its impossible for them to co exist entirely and were better off without him.

    its ridiculous, those that want him on the bench really think were better off without him entirely and have said so but for now are stuck with him and have to do something. that is crazy and the point of the thread


    there is little to no comparison between his situation and Randolphs. Zach missed a large part of the year and admittedly returned with of course conditioning issues and was somewhat out of shape according to reports. Zach has never been the most fit athlete. He is also playing with their franchise player Gay who missed pretty much the yr last yr while Zach the guy on the bench, dominated, not hindered his team. Everyone before this yr said Gay would ruin chemistry after they made a great run last yr and should be traded or benched and would mess things up. Now looked what happened? lol more examples of the media throwing things out their ass

    Gay is back at the forefront and who knows what would've happened if Zach had been healthy all yr but they were both anticipating on starting together. Neither player has been able to really start together due to injuries

    He like you said doesn't start ala how my Spurs also use to use Ginobli but plays starter minutes. that was to bolster a team that had absolutely no fire power off the bench which isn't the case for us. Ginobli was still one of our key go to guys and played all the crucial minutes.

    So you put him on the bench then let him play in the crucial 4th quarter but don't think they can co exist? You don't trust a guy to start a game but want him out there closing with a guy you claim he cant play with????

    Randolph as you admit is a BIG part of their success as he was last year. Is that possible for a player to do who doesn't fit in or co exist with his teammates? especially Gay who he has played well with late in games, when it counts? I don't think so. Thats what their saying about Stat

    And him playing the Randolph role is your assertion not the medias. They for the most part want him with that 2nd unit and NOT on the floor with Melo. Its to avoid them playing together so yall have 2 entirely different points. So even if you don't agree with me you
    don't agree with them either lol.

    We struggled in more then a few games looking for a 2nd option to alleviate pressure off of Melo. Amare more then fits that bill
    Amare came into the season not in the best Bball shape......He clearly stated due to his back injury he just was not in NBA condition that he needs to be in...BTW no fault to him as an injury is an injury......Then Stat's borhter dies and I am sure that took a toll on him.....Then for a few weeks Amare's offensive game starts to look like last year and then he has a back issue and is out 28 days.....

    We have the entire off-season and a new coach ( meaning not Dantonio ) who I am sure will find a way to make Melo/Stat gel......

    My issue is that here we are at the end of the season.....Stat just like Randolph needs to get back into playing shape.....His biggest weakness has been defense and our strength since he has been out has our defensive game....I like the energy of Davis, Shump, Fields, Melo and Chandler.....
    There were many times today that Stat clearly got beat.....I just hope that Woodson does not go Dantonio on us and try to hard to accomplish something that does not need to be rushed....

    The media will always destroy the Knicks and the Fanbase has been dealt so may harsh years that makes it tough to be optimistic or even nuetral,,,

  7. #7
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Very small sample size.

  8. #8
    Member goldenchild1688's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    201
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    Amare came into the season not in the best Bball shape......He clearly stated due to his back injury he just was not in NBA condition that he needs to be in...BTW no fault to him as an injury is an injury......Then Stat's borhter dies and I am sure that took a toll on him.....Then for a few weeks Amare's offensive game starts to look like last year and then he has a back issue and is out 28 days.....

    We have the entire off-season and a new coach ( meaning not Dantonio ) who I am sure will find a way to make Melo/Stat gel......

    My issue is that here we are at the end of the season.....Stat just like Randolph needs to get back into playing shape.....His biggest weakness has been defense and our strength since he has been out has our defensive game....I like the energy of Davis, Shump, Fields, Melo and Chandler.....
    There were many times today that Stat clearly got beat.....I just hope that Woodson does not go Dantonio on us and try to hard to accomplish something that does not need to be rushed....

    The media will always destroy the Knicks and the Fanbase has been dealt so may harsh years that makes it tough to be optimistic or even nuetral,,,
    that is my only point. I don't see the argument here if you then agree they can work together


    my post is simply them saying Amare needs to be moved or bench because it wont work with them on the floor at all together

    Im saying nothing has shown that it cant and I believe it will.

    sounds like for the most part we agree it can work unless you think Amare shouldn't be out there at all with Melo which they said and then needs to be moved this summer which is what they are saying because they can't co exist. I'm not getting that from your post though

  9. #9
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Very small sample size.
    I agree but it shows you the potential these guys have, they played great today

    Both had double-doubles

  10. #10
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    I agree but it shows you the potential these guys have, they played great today

    Both had double-doubles
    Anthony/Stat/Tyson can possible be the most physical front court in the NBA and we can just punish opponents in the paint with their talents and size...if they continue this tough attitude on the court and slam the ball to the paint and at rim, everything opens up...someone will be open, either Novak or Chandler for the higher percentage shot, and if they aren't, that means the guy has to guard Amare or Anthony one on one which is always a mismatch for the other team.

    We've looked amazing. I love it. I LOVE CARMELO ANTHONY!

  11. #11
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Anthony/Stat/Tyson can possible be the most physical front court in the NBA and we can just punish opponents in the paint with their talents and size...if they continue this tough attitude on the court and slam the ball to the paint and at rim, everything opens up...someone will be open, either Novak or Chandler for the higher percentage shot, and if they aren't, that means the guy has to guard Amare or Anthony one on one which is always a mismatch for the other team.

    We've looked amazing. I love it. I LOVE CARMELO ANTHONY!

  12. #12
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Anthony/Stat/Tyson can possible be the most physical front court in the NBA and we can just punish opponents in the paint with their talents and size...if they continue this tough attitude on the court and slam the ball to the paint and at rim, everything opens up...someone will be open, either Novak or Chandler for the higher percentage shot, and if they aren't, that means the guy has to guard Amare or Anthony one on one which is always a mismatch for the other team.

    We've looked amazing. I love it. I LOVE CARMELO ANTHONY!
    did you get hacked


  13. #13
    Member c0leworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    I Love The Bobcats!!

  14. #14
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I love the Knicks, what can I say. You rep orange and blue, I'll die for you.

  15. #15
    Member JoHnNyBoXeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    139
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by goldenchild1688
    I love how the same media who acted as if we were better without Melo months ago are now turning their sights to Melo and Amare not being able to co-exist.

    Disregard we we were one of the top offensive teams in the league last yr after the Melo trade and now 7-2 after a coaching change this season with Amare. To create a story they use a early part of the season in which the TEAM as a whole struggled before Woodson.

    If your gonna push an unfounded argument to sell a story tell both sides. but then again if they do there is no story lol

    If anyone is a hindrance in my opinion to Amare's game its Chandler because he doesn't free up the paint. Amare has always been use to having a stretch the floor big which gave him a free path now he has to adjust his game and learn to play while sharing the paint more.

    Even still there is no sign showing that this team when healthy can't work. I just hate how they rush to create a story and omit blatant rebuttals as if there is none.

    One sided journalism at its best. They did it to Melo, inferred the same thing with Wade when Miami prospered without him, even Kobe now Amare. None of those teams realistically esepcially LA and Miami are legit threats to win a title without those respective players.

    We struggled at times because there wasn't a legit number 2 scoring option with Lin and Amare sidelined. JR is boom or bust to often to be a reliable 2.

    Amare's return in my opinion was much needed and him coming off the bench in my opinion is ridiculous like they inferred during halftime on ABC. They and others have talked about having him off the floor as much as possible while Melo is playing. By that logic what sense would it make to then send him out there in crunch time with Melo if they cant co exist to that point? Stat is really better riding the pine late in games? smh
    great to see a good poster on this board... Great points.. agree 100% .. I think the biggest reason to believe is Woodsons coaching... He knows how to utilize these players. Dantoni had no idea... Don't be shocked if we pull the upset round 1

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Mar 08, 2012, 21:12
  2. The problem with Melo and Amare
    By smokes in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Feb 16, 2012, 15:49
  3. Replies: 35
    Last Post: Mar 06, 2011, 20:15
  4. Replies: 23
    Last Post: Feb 28, 2011, 23:26
  5. Knicks Big 3....melo, Amare, Parker
    By Toons in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Jul 05, 2010, 17:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •