Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amare and Melo

Veteran

Originally Posted by goldenchild1688
    that is my only point. I don't see the argument here if you then agree they can work together

my post is simply them saying Amare needs to be moved or bench because it wont work with them on the floor at all together

Im saying nothing has shown that it cant and I believe it will.

sounds like for the most part we agree it can work unless you think Amare shouldn't be out there at all with Melo which they said and then needs to be moved this summer which is what they are saying because they can't co exist. I'm not getting that from your post though
    Yes I think Melo and Amare can co-exist.
    I do think Stat coming off the bench after being out 28 days would not be a bad thing.
    I think they need a real training camp, real coach and a PG to at least make the judgement then.......
    If I could trade Stat I would solely based on his contract. I think that 20 million can be much better spent....but thats a pipe dream.

Superstar

I think they can work fine together, right now, all Woody has to do is let AMARE run PnR with BD, and Melo do his ISO thing on the other side of the floor.I don't see what's the big problem, we had a retard coaching this team, he had both of our stars, on the 3point line, trying to beat guys off the dribble.Put them in there comfort zones, and watch them succeed,mark my words, we'll be fine with both of them on the floor, we need both of them, to win the title people, we need size in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by fender0577
    I think they can work fine together, right now, all Woody has to do is let AMARE run PnR with BD, and Melo do his ISO thing on the other side of the floor.I don't see what's the big problem, we had a retard coaching this team, he had both of our stars, on the 3point line, trying to beat guys off the dribble.Put them in there comfort zones, and watch them succeed,mark my words, we'll be fine with both of them on the floor, we need both of them, to win the title people, we need size in the playoffs.
    What you're not realizing is that Amare has always run a PnR with whatever PG we had here this season, but he just wasn't completing the play on a consistent basis. Yesterday was the first time in a while I've seen that PnR look good with Amare. Its usually been Chandler scoring off those plays.

Superstar

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    What you're not realizing is that Amare has always run a PnR with whatever PG we had here this season, but he just wasn't completing the play on a consistent basis. Yesterday was the first time in a while I've seen that PnR look good with Amare. Its usually been Chandler scoring off those plays.
    Because he lost some of that weigh that was slowing him down, i posted this back in Feb, in the support AMARE thread that he needed to lose that 10-15 pounds he put on.He said he's lost it, right before he injured his back, and even then he looked good before the injury, like i said him an BD seem to have the PnR going, just let MELO operate on the other side of the floor and we will be fine, we need them both going forward.
    Last edited by fender0577; Apr 23, 2012 at 10:55.

Honestly i still dont see them co-existing on the floor, this only worked because Amare was at the 5 and Melo was at the 4.. When chandler comes back the spacing will be bunched up again. They like the ball in the same spots on the floor. Woody is going to have his hands full trying to make this work. I know they were making it work before Amare went down due to injury but look at Melo's stats when Amare is on the floor with him compared to when Amare is not on the floor with him. They both just seem to play better when they each have their own space.

I hope they can get things figured out before they playoff start

Veteran

Originally Posted by goldenchild1688
    I love how the same media who acted as if we were better without Melo months ago are now turning their sights to Melo and Amare not being able to co-exist.

If anyone is a hindrance in my opinion to Amare's game its Chandler because he doesn't free up the paint. Amare has always been use to having a stretch the floor big which gave him a free path now he has to adjust his game and learn to play while sharing the paint more.
    smh
    the two super-stars didnt co-exist in any games lastseason or throughout
    this season under Dantoni's coaching, the media wrote/said nothing of this.
    Stat & Chandler has not found their place in the same lineup under either
    coach Dantoni or Woodson, Knicks sports media/announcers doesnt mention anything
    about the poor chemistry in our frontcourt bigmen players.

Tyson Chandler is the only reliable bigman we could throw a low post-up alley-oop pass to....
    why is that?
    Stat should be our post-up center on offense.
    On defense Chandler is our down-low center.

I just feel like there needs to be a pecking order

Pippen knew Jordan was the man, so he played off of him because he knows what was best for the team

Kobe played off of Shaq but then his ego got in the way

Gasol played off Kobe for obvious reason

Even David Robinson played off of Tim Duncan

Kareem and James played off of Magic

do you get my point, if we do the OKC thing where KD and Russ take turns, Miami LeBron and Wade takes turns, that wont work

The offense is run through Melo, STAT will get his opportunities like Nene did in Denver he averaged about 14 and 7 playing off of Melo, STAT can be an 18 and 11 guy and thats all we need. Melo can be the 25 and 8 guy we all know he can be and thats how you create flow, because now we arent forcing STAT and Melo to get touches but letting it created itself, just because the O runs through Melo doesn't mean he'll be our leading score every night, sometimes its STAT because he's attacking the glass and cutting to the basket for easy dunks, JR or Novak come off the bench and go off, Lin has a big night

But we have to establish order with the team, all great teams have that, its why Miami flopped in the Finals, Dallas established Dirk as the man and that is what they went with, one night for Miami it was Wade, then James, then they forced it to Bosh

Order people Order

Superstar

Originally Posted by CA7

Pippen knew Jordan was the man, so he played off of him because he knows what was best for the team

do you get my point, if we do the OKC thing where KD and Russ take turns, Miami LeBron and Wade takes turns, that wont work

The offense is run through Melo, STAT will get his opportunities like Nene did in Denver he averaged about 14 and 7 playing off of Melo, STAT can be an 18 and 11 guy and thats all we need. Melo can be the 25 and 8 guy we all know he can be and thats how you create flow, because now we arent forcing STAT and Melo to get touches but letting it created itself, just because the O runs through Melo doesn't mean he'll be our leading score every night, sometimes its STAT because he's attacking the glass and cutting to the basket for easy dunks, JR or Novak come off the bench and go off, Lin has a big night

But we have to establish order with the team, all great teams have that, its why Miami flopped in the Finals, Dallas established Dirk as the man and that is what they went with, one night for Miami it was Wade, then James, then they forced it to Bosh

Order people Order
    Go post, and we saw that last game STAT sat back let MELO get his, then went in the fourth.

Veteran

"Stat should be our post-up center on offense.
    On defense Chandler is our down-low center."

Yes, this is how to go. Melo to Amare.....and 1!

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    "Stat should be our post-up center on offense.
    On defense Chandler is our down-low center."

Yes, this is how to go. Melo to Amare.....and 1!
    This would make sense if Amare actually had post up ability. Sadly he doesn't, so.... um not gonna happen.

Cool

Originally Posted by CA7

Order people Order
    I agree and its not complicated. We had identity issues up until you-know-who departed.

After that, we had to establish a new identity moreso on offense. Our Defensive identity was a work in progress although it was more progressive with TC & Shump.

The struggles we had with Melo were simple. He had to conform and was minimized and we could all tell he wasn't happy, and the team didn't recognize (possibly due to MDA conditioning where anyone and everyone should/could score- bizzaro nonsense).

Now after all the struggles, it should be obvious who our offensive leader is.

It was difficult because Amare a) is proud (ego), and b)held it down the year (1/2) before.

Its still a work in progress on Amare's part, because now he needs to do the dirty work most good pf's do to be that scoring threat. Now the spotlight is on him, Melo proved himself.

Now we see the need for Amare to clean the boards, to be a defender, etc... he's not use to that. He's use to getting a pass (MDA again!) because he scored.

He seems to be adjusting well, and he's lost weight. Kudos to him. Next year Woody will design a better offensive gameplan complete with contengincies and philosophy where Amare can be highlighted more.

But that starts with the recognition that Melo is the priority, everyone else gets in where they fit in, I.e. Novak.

Originally Posted by Red
    I agree and its not complicated. We had identity issues up until you-know-who departed.

After that, we had to establish a new identity moreso on offense. Our Defensive identity was a work in progress although it was more progressive with TC & Shump.

The struggles we had with Melo were simple. He had to conform and was minimized and we could all tell he wasn't happy, and the team didn't recognize (possibly due to MDA conditioning where anyone and everyone should/could score- bizzaro nonsense).

Now after all the struggles, it should be obvious who our offensive leader is.

It was difficult because Amare a) is proud (ego), and b)held it down the year (1/2) before.

Its still a work in progress on Amare's part, because now he needs to do the dirty work most good pf's do to be that scoring threat. Now the spotlight is on him, Melo proved himself.

Now we see the need for Amare to clean the boards, to be a defender, etc... he's not use to that. He's use to getting a pass (MDA again!) because he scored.

He seems to be adjusting well, and he's lost weight. Kudos to him. Next year Woody will design a better offensive gameplan complete with contengincies and philosophy where Amare can be highlighted more.

But that starts with the recognition that Melo is the priority, everyone else gets in where they fit in, I.e. Novak.
    completely agree

Veteran

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    This would make sense if Amare actually had post up ability. Sadly he doesn't, so.... um not gonna happen.
    Haha...I'm sure stat was back in the lab watching TC do them sneaky cuts to the board...receiving dimes and positioning. Too bad Amare never had a coach like Woody a long time ago...someone who would have brought out his full potential. I think he'll adjust and find his flow. I do see some fire in his eyes...gotta let a dude rock when you see that. Benefit of the doubt. We will see thou...

Originally Posted by CA7

Order people Order

Good post I think the pecking order might be established Melo, then Amare, the who ever else steps up that night.

In MDA offense it really made everyone outside the PG equals so Melo was getting the same amount of touches as Fields and Amare getting the same amount of touches as Chandler which should not happen. Offensively your two best players need the ball most of the time to be successful in this league.

O yea and it was not just Kobe fault with the whole Shaq beef they did dumb ****

Originally Posted by NYCLakerfan
    Good post I think the pecking order might be established Melo, then Amare, the who ever else steps up that night.

In MDA offense it really made everyone outside the PG equals so Melo was getting the same amount of touches as Fields and Amare getting the same amount of touches as Chandler which should not happen. Offensively your two best players need the ball most of the time to be successful in this league.

O yea and it was not just Kobe fault with the whole Shaq beef they did dumb ****
    I expect you to know more, what was the real problem between the two of them