Metta World Peace kills Harden

CA7

Scoring Champ
^^I saw the game and saw him telling the Refs it was unintentional but he's still going to get suspended and I think it'll be a long one because if I was the league I want to make this an example to not throw elbows that might cause a serious injury.

Oh hell yeah, he's getting at least 5 games, Bynum got 5 for the Barea incident but MWP has a rap sheet about as long as I-95

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Oh hell yeah, he's getting at least 5 games, Bynum got 5 for the Barea incident but MWP has a rap sheet about as long as I-95

Bynum's hit was a push into Barrea's chest. MWP elbowed Harden in the head. My guess is that he will get more than 5 games.

I, for one, would love to have this beast playing for New York. Chandler and MWP will make any guard think twice about going to the hole.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
I think he did it on purpose bcuz he felt harden near him when he was hype. So he kinda wanted to push off bump him. He just had a moment, I don't think he meant to connect like that though. *****s is gonna be shook in the playoffs when he comes back tho.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Bynum's hit was a push into Barrea's chest. MWP elbowed Harden in the head. My guess is that he will get more than 5 games.

I, for one, would love to have this beast playing for New York. Chandler and MWP will make any guard think twice about going to the hole.

Yeah but Barea was in the air and it was blatant

Lin-Shumpert-Anthony-Stoudemire-Chandler
Shumpert-Smith-Novak-Gadzuric
Oh God, Me Likey

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
It was intentional. I'm getting annoyed at hearing commentators whining for flagrants needing to be called, because a lot of them are players sending a message while still trying to make a basketball play. This is just stupid. The league has gotten soft, but this has nothing to do with the game at all, just Artest being an idiot.

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
It was intentional. I'm getting annoyed at hearing commentators whining for flagrants needing to be called, because a lot of them are players sending a message while still trying to make a basketball play. This is just stupid. The league has gotten soft, but this has nothing to do with the game at all, just Artest being an idiot.

lol agree. That shit was clearly intentional. Not to mention Harden suffered a concussion and will most likely miss his next two games. Artest is getting some time off for that. 100%. Maybe even the first round of the playoffs.

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
Those of you who think it was unintentional don't be so naive.. they bumped eachother and arrest threw the elbow to hurt him. Disgusting.. he shouldn't be allowed to play the rest of this year... To those glorifying this behavior if you are older than 21 years old u need a reality check

Uncle Robo

Benchwarmer
There is no place in professional sports (except MMA) for this type of hit. Someone could get killed with a blow like that. Artest/MWP should be removed from the NBA so he does not kill a player in the future.

If someone got hit like that in the neck or spine, it could easily be paralysis or death. This is a basketball game, not a street fight.

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
There is no place in professional sports (except MMA) for this type of hit. Someone could get killed with a blow like that. Artest/MWP should be removed from the NBA so he does not kill a player in the future.

If someone got hit like that in the neck or spine, it could easily be paralysis or death. This is a basketball game, not a street fight.

Seriously when they showed it in slow motion it looked like it HURT.

And LOL at the guy trying to justify it being unintentional by analyzing a video in which he elbowed Bryant. Major LOL to that.

knicksgreece

Benchwarmer
Ι didn't have a problem with Artest before that.I don't justify but i can understand losing control when someone throws a beer on you!I can understand players getting into a fight in the heat of the moment!

But that was ****ed up!Harden wasn't expecting that.He wasn't even looking to his direction.

And then trying to find excuses.''I was doing my King Kong thing'' and bullshit.You know what you did.Just take it like a man.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I didn't realize this forum was full of 15 year old kids.

That elbow could have put Harden in the hospital. It was intentional, you can see how he winds up. And it was to the back of the head.

Artest really has no place in the NBA because he is a risk to everyone on the court when he plays. Guy is volatile. He can snap at any point and someone can get seriously hurt, like Harden almost got seriously hurt today.

miked1958

Rotation player
Suspend him for the rest of the NBA Season including the playoffs. and give him a HEFTY Fine that will hurt his wallet

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Suspend him for the rest of the NBA Season including the playoffs. and give him a HEFTY Fine that will hurt his wallet

At least. And I think that's a slap on the wrist.

At this point, the guy has no place in the league.

Given his record, you would think Artest would be on best behavior until he retires. This elbow was disturbing.

You had guys on his team, earlier this season, saying that they always feel like Artest could snap at any minute, and that it's uneasy being around him.

Red flags abound for Artest. Enough is enough.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
:agreed:It was intentional, i play ball all the time, and i never swing my bows without seeing whose around me, c'mon man.

What you have to look for is the wind-up.

Some guys are claiming the elbow was a 'reaction' in the heat of the battle. But in a pure reaction you don't wind up, and you definitely don't wind up the way Artest did.

Artest is one of the stronger guys in the league. Just imagine the force his elbow can transfer to a guy's head. It's scary, scary stuff.

fender0577

Rotation player
What you have to look for is the wind-up.

Some guys are claiming the elbow was a 'reaction' in the heat of the battle. But in a pure reaction you don't wind up, and you definitely don't wind up the way Artest did.

Artest is one of the stronger guys in the league. Just imagine the force his elbow can transfer to a guy's head. It's scary, scary stuff.
That's my point, he bumped him even before the wind up, so he knew he was their.I think they should throw the book at this lunatic, he's going to kill someone.

tiger0330

Legend
From what I've been reading the consensus is he might miss rd. 1 of the playoffs. He'll get off light if that's the case. IMO, suspension for the rest of the year which includes the post-season and start of 2013 season is more appropriate.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
Carmelo was suspended for 15 games after that bitch-slap in the Garden couple of years ago.

Looking what Artest did yesterday he should definetely be suspended for remainder of a season.

Anyone who thinks it was an accident is an idiot. Watch the replay it was clearly intentional. He could have shoved him out of the way but he blatantly elbowed him.

TheScowl

Rookie
I think what some of you are trying to says that it wasn't premeditated. I agree with that, but that doesn't excuse it. It looked like a spontaneous act, but an act of violence like that can't be tolerated. Ronny is still as volatile as ever. He can't control these kinds of outbursts and reactions. It's sad because I don't think he's a bad person. But he is dangerous.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
NBA is becoming a league for pussies. Sure Ron's elbow yesterday was nasty. But do any of you remember what Oakley and Mason did to opposing players?

This is basketball. Physical plays are part of the game.