Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Metta World Peace kills Harden

I didn't realize this forum was full of 15 year old kids.

That elbow could have put Harden in the hospital. It was intentional, you can see how he winds up. And it was to the back of the head.

Artest really has no place in the NBA because he is a risk to everyone on the court when he plays. Guy is volatile. He can snap at any point and someone can get seriously hurt, like Harden almost got seriously hurt today.

Superstar

Suspend him for the rest of the NBA Season including the playoffs. and give him a HEFTY Fine that will hurt his wallet

Originally Posted by miked1958
    Suspend him for the rest of the NBA Season including the playoffs. and give him a HEFTY Fine that will hurt his wallet
    At least. And I think that's a slap on the wrist.

At this point, the guy has no place in the league.

Given his record, you would think Artest would be on best behavior until he retires. This elbow was disturbing.

You had guys on his team, earlier this season, saying that they always feel like Artest could snap at any minute, and that it's uneasy being around him.

Red flags abound for Artest. Enough is enough.

Superstar

Originally Posted by miked1958
    It was intentional, i play ball all the time, and i never swing my bows without seeing whose around me, c'mon man.

Originally Posted by fender0577
    It was intentional, i play ball all the time, and i never swing my bows without seeing whose around me, c'mon man.
    What you have to look for is the wind-up.

Some guys are claiming the elbow was a 'reaction' in the heat of the battle. But in a pure reaction you don't wind up, and you definitely don't wind up the way Artest did.

Artest is one of the stronger guys in the league. Just imagine the force his elbow can transfer to a guy's head. It's scary, scary stuff.

Superstar

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    What you have to look for is the wind-up.

Some guys are claiming the elbow was a 'reaction' in the heat of the battle. But in a pure reaction you don't wind up, and you definitely don't wind up the way Artest did.

Artest is one of the stronger guys in the league. Just imagine the force his elbow can transfer to a guy's head. It's scary, scary stuff.
    That's my point, he bumped him even before the wind up, so he knew he was their.I think they should throw the book at this lunatic, he's going to kill someone.

Veteran

From what I've been reading the consensus is he might miss rd. 1 of the playoffs. He'll get off light if that's the case. IMO, suspension for the rest of the year which includes the post-season and start of 2013 season is more appropriate.

Carmelo was suspended for 15 games after that bitch-slap in the Garden couple of years ago.

Looking what Artest did yesterday he should definetely be suspended for remainder of a season.

Anyone who thinks it was an accident is an idiot. Watch the replay it was clearly intentional. He could have shoved him out of the way but he blatantly elbowed him.

I think what some of you are trying to says that it wasn't premeditated. I agree with that, but that doesn't excuse it. It looked like a spontaneous act, but an act of violence like that can't be tolerated. Ronny is still as volatile as ever. He can't control these kinds of outbursts and reactions. It's sad because I don't think he's a bad person. But he is dangerous.

NBA is becoming a league for pussies. Sure Ron's elbow yesterday was nasty. But do any of you remember what Oakley and Mason did to opposing players?

This is basketball. Physical plays are part of the game.

The league should suspend him 5 games for that blatant blast

I'm all for more physicality in this league, but to call that unintentional.............dudes.

He feels contact, fleetingly sees the jersey of the other team, swings a 'bow of biblical proportions. Bad dogs get one chance in Stern's league, and I think Ron has just booked his ticket to an early retirement.

Did anyone see any jawing between the 2? Was there anything that instigated it? If not then Ron's well mediated stints with shrinks aren't doing too well if he can't restrain himself from a cheapy like that one. That's as blatant as it gets.

Veteran

Originally Posted by VeryGundy
    NBA is becoming a league for pussies. Sure Ron's elbow yesterday was nasty. But do any of you remember what Oakley and Mason did to opposing players?

This is basketball. Physical plays are part of the game.
    Dude, u need help. If the NBA played by your rules, they would need to issue helmets.

I'm surprised no one mentioned Artest's reaction after he hit the guy. If he accidentally hit a guy that hard, he would have turned around right after connecting with him and gave an 'Oh **** whered you come from' reaction. He kept on moving as if he swatted a fly with his elbow.
    That my friends, was intentional.

Veteran

Basketball is still a physical, contact sport. I learned that lesson when I was a shorty playing hoops at the local gym on campus(MIZZOU). Our all Big 8 PF Malcomn Thomas was cutting to the goal. Malcomn was 6'8" 200 plus. I was barely 6'0" and about 160lbs soaking wet. I beat Malcomn to the spot in front of the rim. He calmly took the his arm, placed it on my birdchest, and sent me flying 20ft onto the track that surrounded the courts. I landed on my back, barely missed smacking my head on the track, and my toes almost touched the ground behind my head. As I sat up to collect myself, I had to double-roll to the right as the ball Malcomn just dunked through the goal almost hit me. Lesson: When someone goes to the goal with a nasty dunk, get the hell outta the way or else you might catch something. An elbow, knee in the grill, glass shattering(aka Chocolate Thunder), something. Least of all, why get caught in the poster? Byron Chamberlain(TE-Vikings) juggled his nuts in my boy Barry's mouth on a nasty dunk in the same gym and two decades later we are still talking about it. Just get the hell outta the way and live to fight another day.

All that being said this will give the lily-white media a chance to call artest an animal again and talk about how "this has no place in basketball." Hello, elbows are a part of basketball. Anybody who has played a pickup game knows this. How soon the white media forgets how "Bad Boy" Bill Laimbeer used to just haul off and slug people. But that was just "being a competitor." Whatever. Now some police captain here in Chicago is talking about Taurez hit on Hossa being "borderline criminal." Stay on your beat Captain. Hockey is a contact sport as well. And yes, I just played the race card. We are allowed to do that on KO.COM from time to time.