Metta World Peace kills Harden

iSaYughh

Starter
I guess the league has to do what it has to do, with the way the pussies in the media are.

But he shouldn't lose a second of a game.

They're playing ball. Not hop-scotch.

Artest just made a huge play down OKC's throats. Harden stepped to him afterwards, wafting into him during Artest's post-play reaction. Artest taught him a lesson in respecting a man's space, unless you are ready to deal with a man.

ez.

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Ron Artest is crazy.

Do we need anymore evidence?

That's the type of shit crazies do. He prolly forgot to take his meds before the game.

KingCharles34

All Star
Good post iSaYughh, anyone who's ever made a big play can relate to World Peace. I remember one time I crossed somebody over, made them fall down and then hit a layup. I was running and skipping to half court jumping up pumping my fists. And its no disrespect to my opponents at all, but if someone invades my space on a play like that im not gonna be too happy either. They are welcome too next time my team has the ball or i have the ball. Or even if their gonna set a pick on me for one of their teammates but u gotta let a guy celebrate

*edit*

Ron Ron has been suspended 7 games (1 reg season, 6 playoff games)

iSaYughh

Starter
^ Exactly.

Artest wasn't even going after him, either. He just wanted Harden to GTFO and not get close enough to where he could start humping.

There isn't even an issue here. If there is, it's a lesson of awareness -- for James Harden, imo, and not to passive-aggressively creep onto a man in a spot like that, unless you wanna risk some shit like this happening.

It's obvious Artest didn't want anything to do with Harden, he prolly wasn't even cognizant of him until the split seconds at the end when Harden creeped over to him and stepped to him.

This isn't thug shit, either. I'm a white boy from the UES, but I still have the sense when I play ball to not pull a move like Harden's and then be shocked if I take an elbow like that. The only difference is Artest is a pro and a physical beast, so his elbow hurt a lot more than what would happen in most street games :)

I'm kind of in disbelief at how almost every poster here thinks this was okay.

Hockey is my favorite sport, it's not like I am afraid of a little violence in my sports, but I think this was ridiculously stupid and immature and needs to not be taken lightly. He clearly felt and saw that Harden was there before swinging his elbow...ridiculous.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
lol

how are you gonna have a name like metta world peace n then elbow the shit out of some unsuspecting dude because he brushed up against you inadvertantly?

crazy.

Kiyaman

Legend
As much as I like Harden for being the leader of OKC bench-players, the act with Meta has always been apart of basketball throughout my 50 years....there's no harm, and no two foul shots.

I like the way the Lakers organization is standing by Meta on this....
the Indiana Pacers threw Meta out to the wolves when Meta leadership made the Pacers a top contender team. The followin season Meta asked to be traded. Great move.

roflbot.jpg

Elbows are part of the game, Wilson chandler even knows this. I know Metta threw the blow on purpose but I don't think he meant to knock the crap out of the guy. His emotions got the best of him and he went over board. If he only had a bit more discipline ...

KingCharles34

All Star
I understand what world peace is saying, he had 3 dunks in the game and was real hyped up. Like i said before i get like that sometimes and in no way is it meant to disrespect the other team but I love basketball and I love a great play. Artest was wrong with what he did but he shouldnt get the amount of hate hes getting. Hes a good guy off the court and Retardens known for instigating

Kiyaman

Legend
Wake-Up

Anyone who tries to defend what Artest did, is an idiot, like Artest.Peace.

Real Talk....NO Bias
u dont have to defend or justify what Artest (aka Meta World Peace) did....
u have two types of players in the NBA, Soft-players & Aggressive-players.
u have to be a complete idiot by now not to know which of the two types of
players "Meta" lies under.

Tyson Chandler is my best Knicks player, but if Tyson was to step to Rasheed Wallace (or Shaq) after Rasheed made a crazy dunk in crunchtime in a Sunday televised game (a week before the playoffs), and Tyson caught a mean elbow to the head....I would have to wonder what was Tyson Chandler thinking???

iSaYughh

Starter

Tyson Chandler is my best Knicks player, but if Tyson was to step to Rasheed Wallace (or Shaq) after Rasheed made a crazy dunk in crunchtime in a Sunday televised game (a week before the playoffs), and Tyson caught a mean elbow to the head....I would have to wonder what was Tyson Chandler thinking???

An......extremely accurate and excellent post.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
harden didn't step to him that's normal contact in an nba game. If artest was trying to act hard, he was being more of a b*tch by throwing a sucker elbow at the back of his head instead of pushing him and giving him a chance to defend himself. I think he's lucky they ejected him because ibaka was ready to kill him.

Also, please stop acting like it was unintentional, there was no way he didn't know harden was there.

And in terms of how dangerous it is, the UFC doesn't even allow blows to the back of the head.

fender0577

Rotation player
Real Talk....NO Bias
u dont have to defend or justify what Artest (aka Meta World Peace) did....
u have two types of players in the NBA, Soft-players & Aggressive-players.
u have to be a complete idiot by now not to know which of the two types of
players "Meta" lies under.

So your calling what Harden did, stepping to that lunatic?, dude he wasn't even looking at him.If you watch the replay, you can clearly see, he didn't even brace himself for the impact, even if he did engaged him, theirs no room for an elbow to the head.Basketball, more than any other sport, is a game of getting in each others way, so to say, he got in his way is the worst excuse you can make, if that's the case, this would happen all the time, but stuff like this only happens when Artest is around, Repeat offenders get more time, and so should Artest, tha's just my:2cents:.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
So your calling what Harden did, stepping to that lunatic?, dude he wasn't even looking at him.If you watch the replay, you can clearly see, he didn't even brace himself for the impact, even if he did engaged him, theirs no room for an elbow to the head.Basketball, more than any other sport, is a game of getting in each others way, so to say, he got in his way is the worst excuse you can make, if that's the case, this would happen all the time, but stuff like this only happens when Artest is around, Repeat offenders get more time, and so should Artest, tha's just my:2cents:.

Did u mention repeat offenders....u must have never watch Wilt Chamberlain, Reed, Cowen, Phil Jackson, Walton, Lambeer, Mchale, Rodman, Divac, Shaq, Bowen, or Celtics play ball. We talkin season-injuries and career-injuries to so many players by these guys.

One, Harden did step to Meta, the two was going at it all game thats why Meta made that hard crazy dunk. Anytime oponents score on OKC its transition is Harden running the ball hard pass the mid court line, thats why in the replay u see Durant on the right side going up the court looking back at Harden without the ball on the right side creepin up on Meta. Durant was not suprise at what he saw b/c Harden belong on the left side. Which equal 7 game suspension.

Whether it was an accident or done on purpose u dont FK with aggressive players, especially a week away from the playoffs.

I hope u was watchin the Knicks vs Bobcats game on TNT when they showed Shaq throwin a comatose punch at the back of Brad Miller head. Luckly Shaq missed, that was 4 of Meta Elbows rolled in one punch