Please Lose Against the Bobcats

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
8th seed against the bulls please.

Miami in the first round is a guaranteed early exit from the playoffs.

A rose-less (or not 100% Rose) bulls will be a much easier opponent to deal with.​

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
You'd take a matchup against Lebron James, Dwayne Wade and co. in a 7 game series vs. a matchup against Boozer, Noah and John Lucas?

I think a banged up Bulls team with a rusty/injured rose would give us a better chance of advancing.

To be honest though, I think we'll probably lose against either of them at the end of the day.

Sage

Rotation player
I'd rather neither to be honest (obviously). There's definitely arguments for both (especially if the Bulls are Rose-less) but the way I've seen it, Chicago pushes us out of our game more than the Heat do.

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
Agree.

We have some chance vs. the Bulls. On the most recent encounter, we went 1-1 against them.

The Heat right now seems like the superior team. They are athletically superior imo. I can see Chandler handling Bosh, but I can't see Shump, as good of a defender he is, being able to handle Wade. And I definitely can't see Melo handling Lebron. Lebron is too athletic for him.

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
I'd rather neither to be honest (obviously). There's definitely arguments for both (especially if the Bulls are Rose-less) but the way I've seen it, Chicago pushes us out of our game more than the Heat do.

Well if Chandler and Stoudamire decide to man up on the boards we'd have a much better chance of beating the bulls.

Nonetheless, both the heat and the bulls will be a great series to watch. Definately the best first round matchup in the whole of the NBA.

Number3

Benchwarmer
stop being a lil bitch!! We play the Heat n thats that!! we can beat them ... only if our bench comes up big n we play D.. Heat bench doesnt scare us like the Chicagos.... plus who knows maybe one of the heat get injured... Heat can only beat us if Wade Lebron and Bosh play 90% all the time... if 1 of them has an off game theyre screwed

KingCharles34

All Star
It would be nice to finish 36 and 30...thats the nicest looking record we've had in years

Time to dump some water on the Heat :gony:

Sage

Rotation player
Word is Melo will definitely be rested and Chandler will be rested/limited minutes tomorrow. So you never know.

Like I was saying, I don't necessarily agree that the Bulls are in any way a weaker team or better matchup for us. My take on it is if we want to be taken seriously, it doesn't matter who we have to face.

I want us to play the best...be it the bulls or the heat. Bring the " A game" all day all the way...if we lose... we know what to improve on next time...as we would have lost to arguably the best team in the league. No fear, no retreat...why start now?...luv 2 have a chance to knock out Miami in the 1st round. F.that..ring the bell already....the playoffs couldn't get here fast enough...

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
8th seed against the bulls please.​

Miami in the first round is a guaranteed early exit from the playoffs.​

A rose-less (or not 100% Rose) bulls will be a much easier opponent to deal with.​

It'd cause more damage than good if we lose.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
Agree.

We have some chance vs. the Bulls. On the most recent encounter, we went 1-1 against them.

The Heat right now seems like the superior team. They are athletically superior imo. I can see Chandler handling Bosh, but I can't see Shump, as good of a defender he is, being able to handle Wade. And I definitely can't see Melo handling Lebron. Lebron is too athletic for him.

Did you mean stronger by "athletically superior"?

If so, I don't quite think that's a crucial point.

They can't elbow us like World Peace.

Their offensive faults will be .......... faults!

What matters in the end will still be basketball skills.

TruOrngnBlu

Benchwarmer
Not at all smart to look passed the first round but If we stay at 7 and get the upset VS. the Heat, that second round match-up against either the Magic or indiana would be a real good look for us.

knicksgreece

Benchwarmer
And even if we try to lose it's really difficult against this lame team.We can start with Bibby,Douglas,Jeffries,Gadjuric and Jordan and still win.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
My only problem with playing the Heat is when they are hot we can't beat them.

I think I'd prefer the Bulls and I believe our frontcourt will be key.

1. Melo will CONSTANTLY shit on Deng, Luol is a good defender but not good enough to keep Melo locked up.

2. Amare in a wheelchair would destroy Boozer, if you have seen the way Bosh has been playing lately.. There is no way Amare will get the better of him.

3. Our bench needs to rebound! You know it's a given that Gibson & Asik will come out aggressive on the boards, if we match this intensity we can be successful.

TakMan

Rotation player
If the Knicks purposely lose, they don't deserve anything out of the playoffs. If you're too scared to play Miami, then don't bother competing against the top teams at all. A good team plays to win every game. This thread is the epitome of defeatism.